Bose Sues Beats for Patent Infringement
Aug 4, 2014 at 10:32 PM Post #166 of 186
I mean you wouldn't be really using multiple devices. The flip phone stays in your pocket unless you need to make a call. And when they didn't have cell phones, they had the walkman as their only device to carry. I'm saying that the companies making portable tape players back in the 70's-90's made portable headphones a thing. Then beats changed the perception of the public on headphones by having expensive good looking headphones that you can use everyday, everywhere. That made it so that spending $$$ on headphones wasn't so odd in the publics view. Sorry lol for keeping it derailed... Back on topic shall we?

Sounds good
beerchug.gif
.  We'll just agree to disagree and leave it at that :wink:

Aug 4, 2014 at 10:33 PM Post #167 of 186
i only like the V-moda XS as it is not as bassy as the other V-modas. However it only has mediocre isolation and treble is still lacking in extension despite an improvement over the M80

I'm also of the same mindset with the M100s but I haven't heard the others.

Aug 5, 2014 at 12:22 AM Post #168 of 186
the only bassy cans i have is the Nad Viso HP50 and the audio technica ATH-WS55X. I only like slight bass emphasis. Just that extra bit of richness. I still prefer neutral sound though

Aug 5, 2014 at 4:29 AM Post #169 of 186
schwarzchild radius
Same league as V-Moda? Don't know about you, but Studio 2 > M-100, hands down.

I own, use and abuse them both and TBH, I don't rate either over the other - it's like ice cream, one flavour from another :cool:

But moving back to topic, maybe beats should counter sue Bose for blatantly copying their monochromatic colour range of cans - sheesh - what a flagrant copy cat move by Bose *edit* you can't patent colours or use to defend intellectual property rights, so Bose can breathe easy....

But make no mistake - beats introduced the full spectrum of colours to headphones from the usual black or grey hum drum affairs prior - and brands like Bose followed suit - just not a colour law suit :wink:

GREQ jude

IMO Apple re-invented the smartphone with the iPhone in so many ways in form and function and that's why is set the world alight upon its release.

iPhones schwarzschild radius effect was/is ...er...very effective? :wink:

Three common denominators between Beats, Bose & Apple - they all blew the world away in respective fields - Apple, where do you begin with their achievements? Well, start with the iPod which quickly became the worlds default mp3 playback device which paved the way for Beats to revolutionise the headphone world market as an essential item and Bose's ANC = very, very wow,

With stakes so high all three (or now two) brands are going to highly defend any infringements they deem er...infringed upon - too much global revenue at stake for them not to be breaking a sweat over...:basshead:

[VIDEO]http://youtu.be/nOVJ4m0Q-Cg[/VIDEO​

IMO, APPLE/Beats & Bose all drip with their own respective forms of excellence - I embrace them all :)

Aug 5, 2014 at 9:18 AM Post #170 of 186

Bose is suing Beats for ...

I was wondering how long it'll take for this to happen. Stoopid ppl always end up beating each other.
If both those companies end up into lawyers pockets the world of audio should celebrate. Yes both were very good at advertising and bringing audio to masses but they were already handsomely paid for that. Enough is enough. Oh well, one could dream :)

Aug 5, 2014 at 10:44 AM Post #171 of 186
I was wondering how long it'll take for this to happen. Stoopid ppl always end up beating each other.
If both those companies end up into lawyers pockets the world of audio should celebrate. Yes both were very good at advertising and bringing audio to masses but they were already handsomely paid for that. Enough is enough. Oh well, one could dream
smily_headphones1.gif

I can definitely agree with that.

Aug 7, 2014 at 12:13 PM Post #172 of 186
Yes you're right this is very interesting. It seems like reaching a plateau of success also means more lawsuits. Bose have a variety of infringements working on their side . Can't wait to see how this turns out:)

Aug 12, 2014 at 7:27 AM Post #173 of 186
schwarzchild radius
I own, use and abuse them both and TBH, I don't rate either over the other - it's like ice cream, one flavour from another
cool.gif

But moving back to topic, maybe beats should counter sue Bose for blatantly copying their monochromatic colour range of cans - sheesh - what a flagrant copy cat move by Bose *edit* you can't patent colours or use to defend intellectual property rights, so Bose can breathe easy....

But make no mistake - beats introduced the full spectrum of colours to headphones from the usual black or grey hum drum affairs prior - and brands like Bose followed suit - just not a colour law suit
wink.gif

@GREQ @jude

IMO Apple re-invented the smartphone with the iPhone in so many ways in form and function and that's why is set the world alight upon its release.

iPhones schwarzschild radius effect was/is ...er...very effective?
wink.gif

Three common denominators between Beats, Bose & Apple - they all blew the world away in respective fields - Apple, where do you begin with their achievements? Well, start with the iPod which quickly became the worlds default mp3 playback device which paved the way for Beats to revolutionise the headphone world market as an essential item and Bose's ANC = very, very wow,

With stakes so high all three (or now two) brands are going to highly defend any infringements they deem er...infringed upon - too much global revenue at stake for them not to be breaking a sweat over...
basshead.gif

IMO, APPLE/Beats & Bose all drip with their own respective forms of excellence - I embrace them all
smily_headphones1.gif

^ pretty much this, all of this

Oct 14, 2014 at 9:05 AM Post #176 of 186
Oct 14, 2014 at 10:15 PM Post #177 of 186
I see that removing Bose from Apple Store is a kind of revenge, or business move? LOL

Apple is still the leader in the industry.

Since it takes some time to remove the stock out of Apple Store, I guess we cannot see Bose in the store very soon..

what a pity

Oct 14, 2014 at 10:35 PM Post #178 of 186
  I see that removing Bose from Apple Store is a kind of revenge, or business move? LOL

Apple is still the leader in the industry.

Since it takes some time to remove the stock out of Apple Store, I guess we cannot see Bose in the store very soon..

what a pity

You can still see it there right now.

Oct 17, 2014 at 7:55 PM Post #180 of 186
  Interesting to see what this will do to Apple

Maybe replace Bose with Alpine headphones in their stores??

http://www.engadget.com/2014/10/17/alpines-headphones/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back