Burson's sexy flagship: Burson Soloist Voyager. Pure Pure Class-A, 10Watts fully balanced
Nov 7, 2023 at 3:42 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 186

raoultrifan

Headphoneus Supremus
Unveiling it in the Nov. 11 CanJam Dallas, USA. : )

https://www.bursonaudio.com/products/soloist-voyager/

Specs:

10Wpc @ 16ohm
2 minor symmetrical, independently powered amps inside
Each channel has its own MUSES72320 resistor ladder + Burson discrete buffer volume control
Shipping with Burson Silient Power Modules 02
Retailing 3500USD
Delivering before Christmas

Soloist-Voyager-21.jpgSoloist-Voyager-19.jpgSoloist-Voyager-18.jpgSoloist-Voyager-15.jpgSoloist-Voyager-6.jpgSoloist-Voyager-5.jpgSoloist-Voyager-17.jpgSoloist-Voyager-10.jpgSoloist-Voyager-11.jpgSoloist-Voyager-25.jpgSoloist-Voyager-26.jpgSoloist-Voyager-7.jpgSoloist-Voyager-14.jpg

Nov 7, 2023 at 3:53 AM Post #2 of 186
They could have just made a normal 3xr gt, with the same fanless casing. would not even be amazed, if you unscrew the whole inside and put the gt 2022 or 2023, it just fit's in there one on one.

But now they charge almost 1000 more for the same thing (and no I won't believe a thing the difference between the gt2023 and this one is day and night, a few percentage at most)

Nov 7, 2023 at 7:39 AM Post #3 of 186
I like it Burson continues To push the envelope each year! Their engineering team continues to make incremental improvements and listens to customer feedback. I’m excited about the fanless case design and look forward to Lachlan and Sandu’s reviews.

Nov 7, 2023 at 9:18 AM Post #4 of 186
I like it Burson continues To push the envelope each year! Their engineering team continues to make incremental improvements and listens to customer feedback. I’m excited about the fanless case design and look forward to Lachlan and Sandu’s reviews.

I solved the fan noise to my satisfaction a while back. SPM02 modules are on order. I just installed my new Transparent SUPER balanced cables. I'm good for now.

Nov 7, 2023 at 10:35 AM Post #6 of 186
Hi No Deal...
How did you solve your fan noise problem.?

The fan manufacturer makes a low noise adapter cable that you can, at your own risk, install. It reduces but does not eliminate the amount of noise from the fan. Let me be clear. I am not advising anyone to install adapter. I can say that with good clearance all around, my amp has not had any issues.

Nov 7, 2023 at 11:16 AM Post #7 of 186
The fan manufacturer makes a low noise adapter cable that you can, at your own risk, install. It reduces but does not eliminate the amount of noise from the fan. Let me be clear. I am not advising anyone to install adapter. I can say that with good clearance all around, my amp has not had any issues.
I tried it too, it actually works flawlessly, but. yes there is a but, keep air around the device otherwise the Amp will get quite warm. If you put in some cabinet it gets very warm.

(What you are talking about are the low fan adapters provided by Noctua which powers down the RPM just a little bit, but noise wise it makes a lot of difference)

Nov 7, 2023 at 2:13 PM Post #9 of 186
Yeah, on paper this doesn’t seem very much different than previous releases. But would such a reputable company just charge you 1000$ more for a different enclosure? I doubt it, the community wouldn’t take much time to figure this out.

Nov 7, 2023 at 2:20 PM Post #10 of 186
What also helps, you wouldn't expect, put some soft foam under the feet of the amp. I noticed the case resonates, and that becomes way less apparant when you dampen that.
I've always used the cool stand. That probably helps too.

Nov 7, 2023 at 2:49 PM Post #12 of 186
I look at the new design and understand that below, under the main board, there is a compartment in which a Dyson hair dryer is installed. It draws in air through one compartment with a grille and blows it out through another compartment with a grille. The fan haters should definitely cross themselves now.

Nov 7, 2023 at 5:57 PM Post #13 of 186
I've tried every Burson headphone amp they've made so far. I wonder how the sound of the Voyager differs from the Soloist 3X GT? I love the looks of the Voyager. Plus it loses the fan of the 3X GT.

Nov 7, 2023 at 6:20 PM Post #14 of 186
I've tried every Burson headphone amp they've made so far. I wonder how the sound of the Voyager differs from the Soloist 3X GT? I love the looks of the Voyager. Plus it loses the fan of the 3X GT.
Hello...
Interesting that you tried so many Bursons.
I bought a "pre-loved" HA-160D in the fall of 2021, it was my first Burson.
Already in December 2021, I bought my first new Burson, a Conductor 3R.

In May 2022, when Burson launched its Conductor 3X GT, I chose to buy one.
AND,.now I just bought Burson's upgraded Soloist 3X GT 2023.
It hasn't shipped yet from Burson in Australia,.so today I'm going to talk to Burson and see if I can change my purchase from the Soloist 3X GT 2023 to the Soloist Voyager instead.

I agree with you, I think the new design is nice, but I'm curious about what they improved regarding the soundquality.

Burson themselves say that their DAC in the Conductor 3X GT is their flagship DAC,.and recommend me to use the "DAC out" from my Conductor 3X GT to my new Soloist 3X GT 2023 (which may be a Voyager).

What do you think about such a solution.?
🔸Of course then with an XLR to XLR interconnect cable

Last edited:
Nov 7, 2023 at 6:30 PM Post #15 of 186
Hello...
Interesting that you tried so many Bursons.
I bought a "pre-loved" HA-160D in the fall of 2021, it was my first Burson.
Already in December 2021, I bought my first new Burson, a Conductor 3R.

In May 2022, when Burson launched its Conductor 3X GT, I chose to buy one.
AND,.now I just bought Burson's upgraded Soloist 3X GT 2023.
It hasn't shipped yet from Burson in Australia,.so today I'm going to talk to Burson and see if I can change my purchase from the Soloist 3X GT 2023 to the Soloist Voyager instead.

I agree with you, I think the new design is nice, but I'm curious about what they improved regarding the soundquality.

Burson themselves say that their DAC in the Conductor 3X GT is their flagship DAC,.and recommend me to use the "DAC out" from my Conductor 3X GT to my new Soloist 3X GT 2023 (which may be a Voyager).

What do you think about such a solution.?
🔸Of course then with an XLR to XLR interconnect cable
I think there are better DAC's to be had than what's in the Conductor 3X GT personally. There will always be some sonic compromises made in all-in-one devices when compared to separates. I wouldn't buy a Conductor 3X GT use as DAC. I would look at stand alone DAC's to use with your 3X GT to maximize sound quality and get the best out of that component. This is just my opinion of course :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back