Burson's sexy flagship: Burson Soloist Voyager. Pure Pure Class-A, 10Watts fully balanced
Nov 7, 2023 at 6:44 PM Post #16 of 186
I think there are better DAC's to be had than what's in the Conductor 3X GT personally. There will always be some sonic compromises made in all-in-one devices when compared to separates. I wouldn't buy a Conductor 3X GT use as DAC. I would look at stand alone DAC's to use with your 3X GT to maximize sound quality and get the best out of that component. This is just my opinion of course :)
Don’t forget any dac you connect to the 3x gt conductor also goes through the dac circuitry of the conductor, has to do something with the volume control.
That’s why I returned the conductor and bought a soloist with a extra bonus a betrer volume control chip

Nov 7, 2023 at 6:46 PM Post #17 of 186
I think there are better DAC's to be had than what's in the Conductor 3X GT personally. There will always be some sonic compromises made in all-in-one devices when compared to separates. I wouldn't buy a Conductor 3X GT use as DAC. I would look at stand alone DAC's to use with your 3X GT to maximize sound quality and get the best out of that component. This is just my opinion of course :)
I agree with you that stand alone DAC's are better.
I think Burson said so because I already have a Conductor 3X GT.

Do you have any advice on a good DAC that fits the Soloist 3X GT 2023.

Nov 7, 2023 at 7:09 PM Post #18 of 186

A dac is quite personal to taste. I love my chord qutest, soundwise, others swear r2r dacs (which are good too) etc…

Nov 7, 2023 at 7:41 PM Post #19 of 186

I've only listened to my Burson amps with Chord DAC's. I've tried them with the Hugo 2 and TT2 when I had those before upgrading to Dave. Loved the 3X GT with the Dave. The Hugo 2 and TT2 were also great. I like a more detailed and resolute sound from my DAC's and Chord DAC's are the best I've heard are rendering this type of sound. If you want a warmer sound look at R2R DAC's such as Holo Audio, Denefrips, and the like.

Nov 12, 2023 at 2:48 PM Post #20 of 186
They could have just made a normal 3xr gt, with the same fanless casing. would not even be amazed, if you unscrew the whole inside and put the gt 2022 or 2023, it just fit's in there one on one.

But now they charge almost 1000 more for the same thing (and no I won't believe a thing the difference between the gt2023 and this one is day and night, a few percentage at most)

Rumors are that the entire circuitry has been improved and later readjusted for a new generation of op-amps, then SP2 voltage regulators have been added there as well along with the low-noise external power supply. Also, from the pics, it looks like the two lateral heatsinks are made out of full copper (or perhaps anodized aluminum), so let's wait for the first headfier or external reviewer that will put hands on Voyager to confirm this.

I'd say that combing all of these new improvements with the cooling solution and the new case, on top of the GT2023, the Voyager could be a reasonable upgrade, especially in case of deals or discounts.

Nov 12, 2023 at 3:26 PM Post #21 of 186
We will getting a YouTube review coming soon of this unit. I think the initial vid will be an unboxing first impressions.

Nov 13, 2023 at 2:25 AM Post #23 of 186
I just got an email from Burson, confirming that my Voyager preorder is eligible for the free Deluxe upgrade.
They hinted at a new coming free update they're working on, but they'll be more explicit in a few days. Would be great if that would be the rumored new opamp revision, but I'm more inclined to think at a revised cool stand or something similar. We'll see.
As for differences compared to the previous flagship, casing apart, these seem to be mainly related to the output stage, as already stated in the sponsor thread. They’re going to update the product page accordingly in a while.

Last edited:
Nov 16, 2023 at 2:34 PM Post #24 of 186
Alright, let’s start with questions!

What can be expected from the new v7 opamps?

Nov 17, 2023 at 12:36 AM Post #25 of 186
Here are some steaming fresh pictures of the new...
♦️V7 Vivid pro OP-amps
Installed in Burson Soloist Voyager.

In the next picture you can see the new,.delicious remote control for Voyager.
One can only congratulate Burson Audio on these outstanding upgrades

Attachments

• received_727622995907135.jpeg
    received_727622995907135.jpeg
    181.1 KB · Views: 0
  • received_2022269048265214.jpeg
    received_2022269048265214.jpeg
    67.6 KB · Views: 0
Nov 17, 2023 at 2:29 AM Post #26 of 186
Form factor looks great! I was worried they would be large, only fitting cleanly in the Voyager. Looks like they will fit into past models. Next up we'll need info on price, and if they are a sonic improvement over the V6's....

Last edited:
Nov 17, 2023 at 2:37 AM Post #27 of 186
Form factor looks great. I was worried they would be large, only fitting cleanly in the Voyager. Looks like they will fit into past models. Next up we'll need info on price, and if they are a sonic improvement over the V6's....

In the mail I just got about this new free update they refer to "a 600$ worth update". Considering they're 6, it looks like they're supposed to cost 100$ each.

Nov 17, 2023 at 11:47 AM Post #28 of 186
Definitely interested in reviews to come on this amp especially comps to other flagship level amps like bliss, enleum, mass Kobo, wells, cfa3, and perhaps even something like zahl or riviera aic10.

Hard to know if all these changes vs gt23 are just minor refinements of noise floor levels or if there are game changers here.

Last edited:
Nov 20, 2023 at 2:31 AM Post #29 of 186
Hi guys,
The Voyager seems to work in a deeper class-A operation, completely nulling impedance fluctuations of dynamic headphones (according to the newest graph posted on its official webpage), plus the V7 Pro op-amps are now wrapped in a metallic shell (acting as a heatsink) that should offer a longer service life and a better overall performance due to better thermal stability - I'm very curious about them. I see several changes on the PCB design, but I'll need to have a closer look to be sure, which will happen somewhere in December.
Rest assured, a comparison with Soloist 3X GT 2023 Deluxe will be included in my review. Should I also include the OOR + Hypsos and AMP-23R comparisons as well? Let me know.

Nov 20, 2023 at 2:35 AM Post #30 of 186
Hi guys,
The Voyager seems to work in a deeper class-A operation, completely nulling impedance fluctuations of dynamic headphones (according to the newest graph posted on its official webpage), plus the V7 Pro op-amps are now wrapped in a metallic shell (acting as a heatsink) that should offer a longer service life and a better overall performance due to better thermal stability - I'm very curious about them. I see several changes on the PCB design, but I'll need to have a closer look to be sure, which will happen somewhere in December.
Rest assured, a comparison with Soloist 3X GT 2023 Deluxe will be included in my review. Should I also include the OOR + Hypsos and AMP-23R comparisons as well? Let me know.

I guess the more comparisons you can include, the better.
You don’t own a Zahl as well, do you?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back