Burson's sexy flagship: Burson Soloist Voyager. Pure Pure Class-A, 10Watts fully balanced
Feb 11, 2024 at 7:02 PM Post #151 of 186

Feb 15, 2024 at 6:52 PM Post #154 of 186
Feb 16, 2024 at 2:36 AM Post #156 of 186
I nearly pulled the trigger on one last week, especially since I could get the "Deluxe" version for $3400 as it was (still is) on sale from Headphones.com - https://headphones.com/products/burson-audio-soloist-voyager.

I like it being it's a single unit of a pre-amp / headphone amp; but again, that fan (not fond of having a fan in an audio device). Plus, I'm now pretty much dead set on getting that Denafrips Artemis headphone amp. Still though, it is tempting, and slightly cheaper than the Denafrips Artemis / Pontus combo.

Feb 16, 2024 at 2:38 AM Post #157 of 186
Mine is on Classifieds should you be interested, as I upgraded to a Zähl HM1.

Feb 16, 2024 at 2:43 AM Post #158 of 186
Since there are already at least few owners here I would like to ask a question: does the volume knob has tendency to miss the direction and loose itself when turning left or right resulting in uncontrolled volume changes, especially when you do not turn volume knob slowly? This "feature" in Burson implementation of MUSES volume control together with inclusion of internal fans kept me away from otherwise fine sounding amps. Since Voyager is fanless as I understand and using only passive cooling via its enclosure at least one issue on my list has been fixed which brought Burson back to my attention.

Feb 16, 2024 at 2:45 AM Post #159 of 186
Since there are already at least few owners here I would like to ask a question: does the volume knob has tendency to miss the direction and loose itself when turning left or right resulting in uncontrolled volume changes, especially when you do not turn volume knob slowly? This "feature" in Burson implementation of MUSES volume control together with inclusion of internal fans kept me away from otherwise fine sounding amps. Since Voyager is fanless as I understand and using only passive cooling via its enclosure at least one issue on my list has been fixed which brought Burson back to my attention.

Voyager isn't fanless. There are very tiny, not visible fans at the very bottom. Impossible to hear them unless you put your ears against the back openings.
As of the volume knob, I really can't tell as I was always using the remote control.

Last edited:
Feb 21, 2024 at 1:26 PM Post #162 of 186
🔷 Another thing,.regarding this to, for
example, a cable-designer to block.
members.

The best must still be to,.as a hifi or cable designer, to get constructive criticism from knowledgeable and experienced listeners.
It is the only way to be able to develop your products,.to listen to experienced users of your products.

If you block members because they offer constructive criticism of the products, then you as a manufacturer will stagnate in development.

ALSO,.you will not be able to see what the blocked member writes,whether positive or negative about your products.

I bring this up as I myself was blocked when I delivered constructive criticism this weekend to a headphone-cable manufacturer.

♦️ Having Said That,.what kind of
headphone-cable are you using
between your new Voyager and your
headphones..??

Attachments

• DSC_0379~3.JPG
    DSC_0379~3.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
Feb 21, 2024 at 2:24 PM Post #163 of 186
I usually build my own cables based on the specs I need to achieve. For a high impedance pair of headphones I choose a low capacitive cable, while for a low impedance one I'll choose a low resistance cable, but in both scenarios I'll try choosing the shortest cable possible without losing the ergonomics of wearing the headphones properly. I usually get Tasker or Cordial cables from TME or Thomann, but as I said it's all in the datasheet of the cables and in the specs of the headphones I have. For plugs I tend to buy Amphenol or Neutrik, but I've noticed that other brands are very good as well.

I've also noticed that for some headphones the original cables are just fine and are not worth changing them, but YMMV.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back