Campfire Audio - SuperMoon
Apr 20, 2022 at 1:14 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 474

Introducing Supermoon​

Solid-body Custom-Fit In-Ear Monitor featuring a new custom Planar Magnetic Driver.​

Float weightlessly in pure sonic tranquility with Supermoon. Supermoon extends to surround you completely, enveloping you in a smooth and satisfying presentation. Velvety low-end, textural mids and radiant highs; a uniquely meditative and tranquil experience you can enjoy effortlessly for hours.

Coupled with the superior comfort of our audiophile or artist fits mean, an everyday musical escape is always within reach.

Each pair is handmade for an unsurpassed fit and finish, designed and assembled in Portland, Oregon, USA.

1650474660197.png

Complete Custom Comfort​

Flying Coast to Coast or Performing On-Stage; This is a great fit!​

Hours of listening pleasure without fit fatigue. We offer two custom-fit style options; Audiophile Fit and Artist Fit.

Audiophile Fit offers a shallow seal depth. We’ve trimmed and optimized the fit, removing the unnecessary length of traditional in-ear monitors designed for the stage. This fit design is exceptionally comfortable and easy to enjoy wearing. This is an excellent fit style for everyday use, from a daily work commute to a studio.

Artist Fit offers a more traditional seal depth to ensure the necessary sonic isolation and added security you need for demanding on-stage performances. This fit style is excellent for the professional musician, extending into the ear canal for an optimal seal.

1650474712812.png

Solid-Body Design​

Simple. Solid. Sonically Superb.​

Unique to our Custom In-Ear Monitors is a patent-pending Solid Body earphone design. Each in-ear monitor begins with your ear impression. Your impressions are first digitally scanned into our system. Through our signature process, we manipulate the interior acoustic chamber of the Supermoon design, arranging it in an optimal position inside the shape of your ear impression. This also allows us the opportunity to optimize the performance of the earphone for your ear. The result of our effort is a better-sounding, better-fitting in-ear monitor for you.

When crafting the solid body of the earphone, the design is 3D printed as a single component before being meticulously hand-finished. Putting the work into the earphone design before the print means the only moving part in Supermoon is the diaphragm. This also means that the earphones you will receive will be a robust and reliable partner.

Designed specifically with the most demanding performance conditions in mind, the superior build and refined finish of Supermoon will deliver you years of uninterrupted enjoyment.

1650474778017.png

Meditating On Excellence​

Float weightlessly in pure sonic tranquility with Supermoon. Supermoon extends to surround you completely, enveloping you in a smooth and satisfying presentation. Velvety low-end, textural mids and radiant highs; a uniquely meditative and tranquil experience you can enjoy effortlessly for hours.

Campfire Audio’s all-new custom planar magnetic driver exudes musicality; Serpentine traces wind below the two-micron thin diaphragm erupting with spontaneous musical dynamics. Lower non-linear distortion is also possible because of the flat monolith diaphragm. So resulting detail from this driver is as clear as it is balanced.
Planar-4-1024x442.png

Escape to a New Plane​

Meditating On Excellence​

Campfire Audio’s all-new custom planar magnetic driver exudes musicality; Serpentine traces wind below the two-micron thin diaphragm erupting with spontaneous musical dynamics. Lower non-linear distortion is also possible because of the flat monolith diaphragm. So resulting detail from this driver is as clear as it is balanced.

https://campfireaudio.com/shop/supermoon/ @ USD $1500​

Attachments

• 1650474756891.png
    1650474756891.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
Apr 20, 2022 at 1:17 PM Post #2 of 474
Personal thoughts: Very excited for this release, as I did not foresee Campfire announcing a new flagship custom, let alone also use it as an introduction to the planar space! I hope I can get to try these out sometime soon.

Apr 20, 2022 at 1:27 PM Post #4 of 474
Stoked and intrigued...not gonna lie. I'm hoping there's some uni equivalent about to be announced as well. I'd probably blind buy it.

Apr 20, 2022 at 2:26 PM Post #7 of 474
It seems to be the year of the planar iems.

Apr 20, 2022 at 3:14 PM Post #8 of 474
I took a side trip to the land of ZMF where I learned all about the cost of wood. I too am intrigued but these will have to wait. :smirk:

Last edited:
Apr 20, 2022 at 4:22 PM Post #10 of 474
It seems a bit risky for CA to debut planar in a custom, but so be it. I’m very curious to find out what the driver is like and what tuning they’re applying. I’d have to assume that if this is popular they’ll spin off a universal version.

Apr 20, 2022 at 4:36 PM Post #11 of 474
Emailed and asked them about them. Demoed the Equinox recently but found it a bit too v shaped for me and was thinking of demoing the Solstice. Love my PMV PP planars. Very curious to see how these turn out.
The Solstice is definitely something you’d like if you like usual Andromeda sound with a touch more upper mids.

I enjoyed the Equinox a bit more though since it was a high energy sound without being piercing.

I’m excited to hear the Supermoon and see how it compares to the other two.

I’ll definitely try to write a 3-way comparison when I get the chance.

Apr 20, 2022 at 4:47 PM Post #12 of 474
The Solstice is definitely something you’d like if you like usual Andromeda sound with a touch more upper mids.

I enjoyed the Equinox a bit more though since it was a high energy sound without being piercing.

I’m excited to hear the Supermoon and see how it compares to the other two.

I’ll definitely try to write a 3-way comparison when I get the chance.

A comparison would be awesome.

I haven't heard any other CFA IEMs unfortunately. I liked EDM on the Equinox. I can be a bit sensitive to brightness. The Equinox wasn't fatiguing which is good. I hear the Solstice is a bit less bright/warmer than the Andromeda. I am a bit hesitant on the Solstice as looking at graphs comparing T800 it has less bass and way less sub bass. I find the T800 a bit bass light already 😅

Apr 20, 2022 at 5:01 PM Post #13 of 474
A comparison would be awesome.

I haven't heard any other CFA IEMs unfortunately. I liked EDM on the Equinox. I can be a bit sensitive to brightness. The Equinox wasn't fatiguing which is good. I hear the Solstice is a bit less bright/warmer than the Andromeda. I am a bit hesitant on the Solstice as looking at graphs comparing T800 it has less bass and way less sub bass. I find the T800 a bit bass light already 😅
As much as I like using graphs as well, it doesn’t really tell the whole story. It’s always good to try. The Solstice had good bass extension ,tho it does lean towards a warmer mid bass hump.

If you want something not as v-shaped as the Equinox but has a sub-bass focus, the IE900 and the IE600 though they might be a bit more on the brighter side for you.

Apr 20, 2022 at 7:41 PM Post #14 of 474
@Sebastien Chiu are you the HF rep for CFA now?

I gotta say this announcement caught me totally by surprise-- I did not expect a planar release from them at all and it's got me very excited to hear what else they might be getting ready to release.

Apr 20, 2022 at 8:18 PM Post #15 of 474
@Sebastien Chiu are you the HF rep for CFA now?

I gotta say this announcement caught me totally by surprise-- I did not expect a planar release from them at all and it's got me very excited to hear what else they might be getting ready to release.

No, not officially. I just figured I would take the initiative in making it since I know how to properly format these things since it's kinda my job.

I do believe CFA isn't a sponsor of Head-Fi anymore, and they don't have anyone active here supporting their threads.

You and me both, bud!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back