Campfire Audio - SuperMoon
Apr 27, 2022 at 6:07 AM Post #31 of 480
Sadly I never spent much time with the Equinox, but know the Atlas fairly well. The mids are indeed less scooped than those, and both Supermoon and Atlas have loads of sub-bass presence, over mid-bass punch. Both have good punch but focus more on body and warmth.

Comparing my graph of the Supermoon vs Crinacle's graph of Atlas - Supermoon has slightly less bass boost over Atlas, the Supermoon have more presence at 2.2kHz after which they dip instead of being boosted around 5.5kHz (Atlas) both have great extension on both ends.

The supermoon sound more accurate and balanced vs Atlas which have a more exaggerated v-shaped sound.

Well it sounds promising. Could be a bit of wait for demos.

Apr 27, 2022 at 12:03 PM Post #32 of 480
One thing to note is that the Supermoon appears to use a single-sided magnet array as per the visual breakdown. All other 14mm planar offerings have been double-sided as far as I know. So the driver is indeed custom, but I suspect they still source it from China. I'm eager to see how it stacks up against my beloved Solaris.
Supermoon12-1050x1050.jpg

Apr 27, 2022 at 12:58 PM Post #33 of 480
Well it sounds promising. Could be a bit of wait for demos.

It does indeed!

Has anyone heard back yet from Campfire if a demo of the Supermoon will be available soon?

Thanks!

Apr 27, 2022 at 1:01 PM Post #35 of 480
Apr 28, 2022 at 9:10 PM Post #36 of 480
I'm heading into the office tomorrow to check these out at BBR. :)

Apr 28, 2022 at 9:16 PM Post #37 of 480
I'm heading into the office tomorrow to check these out at BBR. :)
I think there are a number of us eagerly awaiting some more impressions, so ill be looking forward to yours.

Apr 28, 2022 at 10:00 PM Post #38 of 480
Apr 28, 2022 at 10:06 PM Post #39 of 480
Apr 28, 2022 at 10:09 PM Post #40 of 480
Based on my experience with the Timeless if CFA really pulls this off with their characteristic aesthetic and sonic flourish they could have something really special on their hands.

Apr 28, 2022 at 10:57 PM Post #41 of 480
That is my hope! So curious to see how CFA does with the planar tuning...

Apr 29, 2022 at 3:04 PM Post #43 of 480
Upon entering the store I eagerly asked the rep if they had them in for demo and he said that they didn't have them yet, but upon my careful inspecting eye, I noticed that it was in fact already in their display for demoing. To his surprise, he announced, "wow, I guess we do have them." To which I responded, "excellent"

Spent about 30mins with these and here are my first quick impressions.

They do in fact have a universal fitted version and I was amazed at how nicely it still fit my ears. Very snug, light, and comfortable.

For planar, I was pleasantly surprised at the natural tonality and sweetness of its timbre. These are very smooth in the upper regions of the treble with excellent extension and air. The mids still in fact maintain a high degree of focus and both male and female vocals sounded fantastic, natural and well positioned.

The bass reminds me of Solaris 2020 bass and in many ways exhibit similar characteristics as the Dorado 2020 even. Thick, full and great texture, extension and precision. It's got a nice tight mid bass slam while adding that extra weight of the sub bass to give you additional rumble. The one thing that I noticed immediately above everything else was its soundstage width and depth and instrument separation and imaging. Each instrument had it's own space and lane to shine. It was a notch above my Dorados for sure and felt more holographic. Hitting me from the front, sides and behind my head which gave me a more immersive, and 3 dimensional sensation.

They are not bright as the Timeless which is good for me and it does not feel congested at all as the Timeless does but it still maintains that detail and resolution combined with CFAs signature tuning, it is definitely an IEM I would consider if I was on an upgrade path from my Dorados. I paired it with my M11 Plus ESS and I felt it had good synergy, though I had to crank the volume a bit on hi gain. What else can I say, other than that CFA continues to win my heart and ears when it comes to design, comfort and tuning.
20220429_135826.jpg
20220429_135820.jpg
20220429_135817.jpg

Last edited:
Apr 29, 2022 at 3:38 PM Post #44 of 480
Upon entering the store I eagerly asked the rep if they had them in for demo and he said that they didn't have them yet, but upon my careful inspecting eye, I noticed that it was in fact already in their display for demoing. To his surprise, he announced, "wow, I guess we do have them." To which I responded, "excellent"

Spent about 30mins with these and here are my first quick impressions.

They do in fact have a universal fitted version and I was amazed at how nicely it still fit my ears. Very snug, light, and comfortable.

For planar, I was pleasantly surprised at the natural tonality and sweetness of its timbre. These are very smooth in the upper regions of the treble with excellent extension and air. The mids still in fact maintain a high degree of focus and both male and female vocals sounded fantastic, natural and well positioned. The bass reminds me of Solaris 2020 bass and in many ways exhibit similar characteristics as the Dorado 2020 even. Thick, full and great texture, extension and precision. It's got a nice tight mid bass slam while adding that extra weight of the sub bass to give you additional rumble. The one thing that I noticed immediately above everything else was its soundstage width and depth and instrument separation and imaging. Each instrument had it's own space and lane to shine. It was a notch above my Dorados for sure and felt more holographic. Hitting me from the front, sides and behind my head which gave me a more immersive, and 3 dimensional sensation. They are not bright as the Timeless which is good for me and it does not feel congested at all as the Timeless does but it still maintains that detail and resolution combined with CFAs signature tuning, it is definitely an IEM I would consider if I was on an upgrade path from my Dorados. I paired it with my M11 Plus ESS and I felt it had good synergy, though I had to crank the volume a bit on hi gain. What else can I say, other than that CFA continues to win my heart and ears when it comes to design, comfort and tuning.20220429_135826.jpg20220429_135820.jpg20220429_135817.jpg
Great write up buddy!

You beat me to it lol

My previous injury started bothering me again so I wasn't able to visit BBR this week.

Hopefully, I get to visit next week.

Apr 29, 2022 at 3:41 PM Post #45 of 480
but it still maintains that detail and resolution combined with CFAs signature tuning
Thanks for the writeup!

What though would you qualify as their signature tuning? I ask because at this point it seems they have a lot of releases with fairly all over the map tunings that I would find it hard to nail down any one in particular as their house signature anymore.

Just also wondering, as a whole, would you say they felt balanced or warm, or v shaped, or w... or?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back