Campfire Chat - Official Campfire Audio 2024 Thread!
Mar 30, 2024 at 5:17 PM Post #961 of 1,255
Gorgeous IEM’s! Glad they are working out for you 👌🏻👍🏻

Mar 30, 2024 at 7:38 PM Post #962 of 1,255
Hectic wknd, few minutes to relaxed
Finally unhooked the Bonneville , ( wasn’t easy to unhook
Blackstar seemed calling my name, saying hold up, plug me in
What a phenomenal iem, as soon as plug 🔌 in and hit play,,,
Im blessed to own both of these phenomenal iems
Happy Easter all,
IMG_2364.jpeg

Mar 30, 2024 at 11:42 PM Post #963 of 1,255
I had gone off my recently purchased Solaris Mercury after battling fit, comfort and source compatibility issues for some weeks.

I eventually discovered that with a proper awareness of the insertion angle to properly align with my ear canal I got a deeper fit, could use a smaller tip and had a more secure fit with better longer term comfort since the fat tips were not wedged in by ear holes !

Seems obvious but for some reason it felt like I was inserting them normally but after seeing images of fit of the Solaris rotated well forward I tried that and the fit improved significantly.

With appropriate sources the hiss is gone and the different output impedance alters the sound a little making it preferable for my taste. IFi Go Bar and Gryphon work great for me.

With that sorted I can just get on with listening and enjoying and they do sound great.

What is the nice looking cable? Does it change the sound any? Brighter, or richer?

Last edited:
Mar 31, 2024 at 4:55 AM Post #965 of 1,255
I think both above questions were directed at me.

It is a Kinera Dromi cable. I don’t expect cables to change the sound of an IEM and this one didn’t do anything to indicate that position was incorrect.

The tips are Penon Liqueur.

Mar 31, 2024 at 9:08 AM Post #967 of 1,255
Nice, what tips are you using on your Solaris
Thx
I'm using the JVC Spiral Dot ++ right now for great bass and staging

Mar 31, 2024 at 3:35 PM Post #968 of 1,255
I'm using the JVC Spiral Dot ++ right now for great bass and staging
Another type of tips that is proving interesting to my ears are Coreir's . .. Andro and Solaris have a short sprout the I found fitting quite nicely with the, de facto, brass extension of Coreir tips.
The combination brings the sound deeper and closer to the hear drum, and sound-wise, I found them enhancing definition and sound stage.

To my ears, they sound really good with Andro OG, Andro MW10, Solaris 2020 and Supermoon.
Once again, based on personal preference, they seem not to match as nicely with Ara and Andro Gold, both on fit and sound. May be could be likely because these have already a longer sprout (tried also with a smaller tip sizes, as longer sprout means deeper insertion).

Pic of MW10 as currently my girlfriend is listening to Solaris and I do not have them at hand ..

1711913488850.png
my

Last edited:
Apr 1, 2024 at 12:00 AM Post #970 of 1,255
http://nobunagalabs.com/nobunagalabs/recable/tr_sc1/

Hi guys what you thinks abouy this japanese cable ? after reading the features
Looks good if you only want 3.5 jack. Is this a custom build? Depending on price, you can find lots of cable options on HifiGo.com and Penonaudio.com .

AND, this is probably a translation thing, but the line T the bottom may be concerning sinceCFA uses mmcx:
"※We do not guarantee a response to all of MMCX plug." ??

Apr 1, 2024 at 4:03 PM Post #971 of 1,255
Does it make sense to upgrade the OG Andromeda to the latest Andromeda version?

Apr 1, 2024 at 5:22 PM Post #972 of 1,255
Does it make sense to upgrade the OG Andromeda to the latest Andromeda version?

It makes more sense to upgrade to Fathom rather than the Emerald Sea IMHO

Apr 2, 2024 at 3:36 AM Post #973 of 1,255
It makes more sense to upgrade to Fathom rather than the Emerald Sea IMHO

Thanks, I will demo these and buy them if it is a good upgrade.

Apr 3, 2024 at 11:36 PM Post #974 of 1,255
New to CA, the bug lure hit me hard, was able to snag a Bonneville and Blackstar
BASS
Bonneville, truck slamming bass, a superb marvelous realistic slam, the truck hits the wall at 70 mile per hr, realistic, deep tactical wet lush but tammed, but when track calls for a slam , Holly smokes, hold on and await the deep tactile base attack, just superb base, buckle up unapologetic deep lush slam
After the truck hits the wall, you realize you made it and you are just foot stomping, realizing you have just experienced some astonishing bass notes on an iem,,,just marvelous

Blackstar,
BASS
The BS also has the truck hitting the wall slam but, takes a different route, you take the lush route, and before you know it , your slamming into the wall, deep, lush, little more holegraohic but equal slam, just different but amazing bass
The BS to me is a superb marvelous iem elominating stellar rich holographic, galactic notes,,though out each note of the Spectrum , bass no exception, with the Bonneville you knew you were going to hit the wall, BS, surprised you but you get hooked on BS bass , and then realize, theirs a DD in play providing spectacular bass, in short , you get surprised you hit the wall, saying amazing bass

Midrange,,,, treble

Again both different technical marvels
Hooking both of these gems to a good source is like, plugging a electric guitar directly into a amp, volume high
While both technical mavels the midranges are different,, both sureal 3D, holographic, with the BS, and Bonneville , leaving you in awe

Bonneville, concert plugging into a electric organ and a bass guitar, while the wind blows and the lights go out and the concert starts
Your the bass player next to the big speaker, your not in the audience you’re actually in the band, next to the other instruments
A marvelous outstanding iem

Blackstar, your invited to a concert hall,it’s quiet then you plug directly into an amp, one million megawatts, and notes provide perfect harmony, making me say, this iem is angelic perfection
Technical marvel, DD bass,

Just few thoughts on SQ

I realized these technical wonders, are tuned to perfection just different paths not to compete but provide different musical experiences
amazing iems

IMG_2386.jpeg

Apr 3, 2024 at 11:49 PM Post #975 of 1,255
New to CA, the bug lure hit me hard, was able to snag a Bonneville and Blackstar
BASS
Bonneville, truck slamming bass, a superb marvelous realistic slam, the truck hits the wall at 70 mile per hr, realistic, deep tactical wet lush but tammed, but when track calls for a slam , Holly smokes, hold on and await the deep tactile base attack, just superb base, buckle up unapologetic deep lush slam
After the truck hits the wall, you realize you made it and you are just foot stomping, realizing you have just experienced some astonishing bass notes on an iem,,,just marvelous

Blackstar,
BASS
The BS also has the truck hitting the wall slam but, takes a different route, you take the lush route, and before you know it , your slamming into the wall, deep, lush, little more holegraohic but equal slam, just different but amazing bass
The BS to me is a superb marvelous iem elominating stellar rich holographic, galactic notes,,though out each note of the Spectrum , bass no exception, with the Bonneville you knew you were going to hit the wall, BS, surprised you but you get hooked on BS bass , and then realize, theirs a DD in play providing spectacular bass, in short , you get surprised you hit the wall, saying amazing bass

Midrange,,,, treble

Again both different technical marvels
Hooking both of these gems to a good source is like, plugging a electric guitar directly into a amp, volume high
While both technical mavels the midranges are different,, both sureal 3D, holographic, with the BS, and Bonneville , leaving you in awe

Bonneville, concert plugging into a electric organ and a bass guitar, while the wind blows and the lights go out and the concert starts
Your the bass player next to the big speaker, your not in the audience you’re actually in the band, next to the other instruments
A marvelous outstanding iem

Blackstar, your invited to a concert hall,it’s quiet then you plug directly into an amp, one million megawatts, and notes provide perfect harmony, making me say, this iem is angelic perfection
Technical marvel, DD bass,

Just few thoughts on SQ

I realized these technical wonders, are tuned to perfection just different paths not to compete but provide different musical experiences
amazing iems

IMG_2386.jpeg
Thanks for that great comparison which I pretty much agree with. The bass is similar but the stage is not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back