car-fi
Aug 26, 2023 at 1:03 AM Post #1,381 of 1,421
Lol I wish.

Was the best day ever haha, like the first time you goto Disneyworld as a kid.

I'd say the Ferrari was the best by far. Razor sharp, light, agile, fast. Very raw and visceral. Amazing brakes.

Aston Martin was 2nd, it was the most comfy and drives like a better version of the corvette. And the exhaust, backfires, crackling, gurgling everytime you lift off the throttle, so much fun.

Corvette was 3rd fav. Comfy, surprisingly refined and well balanced, I wasn't expecting it to be so.

Porsche was 4th, its a porsche. Nothing bad about it but that model didn't belong in the group.

Audi R10 was quite disappointing. It didn't feel that fast despite having the same engine as the lambo and overall kind of boring and uncomfortable.

The worst was the Murcielago, extremely tight interior space, I had to push the seat all the way back and tilt the chair up almost vertical so I could fit in it. Half my head was sticking out the top. The wheel arch is so big that you have to fold your left leg because theres nowhere else to put it. The steering is sluggish and has a wide turning circle, it feels vague and uncommunicative, needs alot of input to respond. Power was nice and it did sound the best though.
I can only imagine! What about the Lambo? I expected that in 2nd place

But that's an Audi R8, isnt it? Or did they come out with something new?

Overe here (in Europe) we always joke about the Corvette, being plastic-fantastic on the inside, feeling cheap and onlt being able to drive in a straight line, having crap handling in corners

Aug 26, 2023 at 1:09 AM Post #1,382 of 1,421
I can only imagine! What about the Lambo? I expected that in 2nd place

But that's an Audi R8, isnt it? Or did they come out with something new?

Overe here (in Europe) we always joke about the Corvette, being plastic-fantastic on the inside, feeling cheap and onlt being able to drive in a straight line, having crap handling in corners
The lambo was the worst.

Oops sorry thats the R8 with the V10 engine.

Maybe the old corvettes yes, this new one is mid engine and handles really nice. Although the material feel of it is not quite on the same level as the other cars, but then again it costs much less but can perform just as good or better.

Aug 26, 2023 at 1:26 AM Post #1,383 of 1,421
The prius is a prius, its main selling point is the mileage. Probably the best hybrid available bar none. Nothing comes close to it unless you want an old lady's dead behind the eyes RAV4.
I'm noticing you're main concern is being a muscle car. There is a differential between the Prius and the Prius Prime. The 2023 Prius is keeping the same efficiency as previous generations, yet looking sporty and having more pick up. Put I do think the Prius Prime is a gem for city dwellers now. With my day to day driving, I could be driving EV and have some more pick up going on highway with hybrid mode (and it offers more pick up than the regular Prius). For most of the country, plugin hybrids seem like a better option for economy since you can EV for day driving, and go gas hybrid for long distance.
Thats the Rimac Nevera which is now called Bugatti Rimac, it will blow the doors off a Tesla anything. The Lucid Air Sapphire will also do that.
OK, sorry....I didn't look up latest numbers....it was couple years ago I looked up: Tesla plaid is 2.3 seconds (which is production) vs Rimac's 1.9 (which was limited to 150 cars and $2.2 million). So even this supercar is electric. The question still remains....is it more fun if you just press the gas pedal, or is there something with a standard shift?

Last edited:
Aug 26, 2023 at 1:37 AM Post #1,384 of 1,421
I'm noticing you're main concern is being a muscle car. There is a differential between the Prius and the Prius Prime. The 2023 Prius is keeping the same efficiency as previous generations, yet looking sporty and having more pick up. Put I do think the Prius Prime is a gem for city dwellers now. With my day to day driving, I could be driving EV and have some more pick up going on highway with hybrid mode (and it offers more pick up than the regular Prius). For most of the country, plugin hybrids seem like a better option for economy since you can EV for day driving, and go gas hybrid for long distance.

OK, sorry....I didn't look up latest numbers....it was couple years ago I looked up: Tesla plaid is 2.3 seconds (which is production) vs Rimac's 1.9 (which was limited to 150 cars and 2.2 million). So even this supercar is electric. The question still remains....is it more fun if you just press the gas pedal, or is there something with a standard shift?
Although I appreciate them I'm not a muscle car guy, I prefer the sport compacts.

The 0-60 time is not really a good metric of how fast a car is. A better indicator is the 1/4mile and trap speed. The Nevera holds all kinds of records for speed 0-100, 0-200, 0-250, 0-250-0.

This is the fastest production car in the world.

But if I were an insanely rich man, I'd rather get the GMA T50s or a Pagani Utopia because they come in a manual. :)

Aug 26, 2023 at 1:49 AM Post #1,385 of 1,421
The lambo was the worst.

Oops sorry thats the R8 with the V10 engine.

Maybe the old corvettes yes, this new one is mid engine and handles really nice. Although the material feel of it is not quite on the same level as the other cars, but then again it costs much less but can perform just as good or better.
I remember when the Countach was every kids dream, and just recently realized that that was a fool's dream when I saw how horrible it was built. I'd take any standard Japanese car built in those days over the Countach. Classic European build standard in cars, jeeze. I believe Lambo is own by VW these days.

I drove stiff low car with stick/clutch for years, and got sick of getting in and out of it and the constant banging from the stiff suspension, which made me move onto SUVs for much more comfort.

Last edited:
Aug 26, 2023 at 2:00 AM Post #1,386 of 1,421
I remember when the Countach was every kids dream, and just recently realized that that was a fool's dream when I saw how horrible it was built. I'd take any standard Japanese car built in those days over the Countach. Classic European build standard in cars, jeeze.

As a kid I had some posters of the Countach: at the time it was was just an iconic design. Also being a Magnum PI fan, the Ferrari 308GTS. Another was a Delorean thanks to Back to the Future. In my area, I did see a rare red DMC a few years ago. It's funny how there is a fan club for it, while my understanding is that it not at all sporty and drives quite bad.

As far as oddest supercar, my vote would be this one. I have some background in art....and this one is quite schizophrenic when it comes to front vs back:

Last edited:
Aug 26, 2023 at 2:03 AM Post #1,387 of 1,421
LOL,

It was the Countach, and the 959 were the kids dreams. Doug seems to just tell it like it is. He doesn't hold back on the negatives. He's not every hiding things to sell the car. lol

Last edited:
Aug 26, 2023 at 2:08 AM Post #1,388 of 1,421
I remember when the Countach was every kids dream, and just recently realized that that was a fool's dream when I saw how horrible it was built. I'd take any standard Japanese car built in those days over the Countach. Classic European build standard in cars, jeeze.

Those were different times.

Back then they made race cars for the street. I think Jeremy Clarkson said it best when he described the base logic of italian supercar engineers, "You make-a-da mistake, I kill".
Nowadays they're mostly obnoxious luxury cars for rich men with a napolean complex that only use the car to pick up women.

Aug 26, 2023 at 2:15 AM Post #1,389 of 1,421
I'd much rather have a car that can do this.

Aug 26, 2023 at 2:18 AM Post #1,390 of 1,421
This is the fastest production car in the world.

But if I were an insanely rich man, I'd rather get the GMA T50s or a Pagani Utopia because they come in a manual. :)

I think we have different ideas of what "production" means. This car is over $3 million and limited to under 140 cars. When I say production, I mean something that's actually going through a full manufacturing line.

Aug 26, 2023 at 2:29 AM Post #1,391 of 1,421
Aug 26, 2023 at 2:44 AM Post #1,392 of 1,421
I'm just going by what JD Power and other automotive journalists consider a production car.

https://www.jdpower.com/cars/shopping-guides/worlds-fastest-production-cars
Yet if you look up "production car" there's plenty of entries saying it's a mass produced car. If that is the criteria, than Tesla plaid, Porsche, Dodge, etc are the fastest (as 0-60 acceleration is one of the top considerations). But yeah, if you're looking for fractions of seconds better....you might be one of the 100 that will be willing to spend $2 million more for that supercar that's deemed the fastest. Just me as a pragmatist: I've also seen how this fractions of a second are pretty conditional to situation as well.

Aug 26, 2023 at 11:44 AM Post #1,393 of 1,421
As you guys can tell, I'm a big Honda guy. I want a type R integra from this gen with turbo, in white. I really want to hear the turbo release valve go off. Haha I just luv the sound of Honda engines due to the high revs. Probably one of my fav cars of all time. I always preferred the look of US model headlights over JDM.

I just luv the way it looks, and with the turbo blow off valve going off, I would just go nuts!

Last edited:
Aug 26, 2023 at 11:54 AM Post #1,394 of 1,421
I've been driving a Prius 2010 for 13 years....no jokes :relaxed: At the time I got it, it was the main option for a practical hybrid as it was the only one with fold down seats (I was also looking at a Ford sedan, but its trunk was reduced with battery being behind the back seats). Another cool feature with it that I haven't seen with other cars is that it has a solar panel that circulates a fan (so during a hot day, the inside of the car isn't as hot). Don't know why Toyota dropped it with subsequent models. Even though my Prius has 120,000 on it, I have been thinking it might be time to get another practical car. With age, the NiCad battery starts depleting reducing its fuel economy reduces (I guess also it might have times where the gas engine is charging the battery).

So I was still thinking about something practical and well designed. The next generation Prius turned out to be so ugly looking. Hybrid sedans improved. Now there's EV options. Or maybe also splurge a big more for a luxury car. I might have considered Tesla if it weren't for Musk being political. Plus not sure if full EV is great for long range driving in the South (I live in Atlanta). Then a little over a month ago I found out Toyota has a new Prius and Prius Prime...that look sleek! The Prime has an EV range of over 40 miles, with the larger gas engine and LI battery has 100 hp more than my current Prius, and reviewers seem impressed with it being a Prius that actually has pick up. The only main thing is that it's generating hype, so its hard to get. Allocations are just now starting to open in the SE (and are still being sold before they hit the lot). I was checking Toyota's website regularly. Saw a top trim Supersonic Red Prime listed at an Atlanta dealership, so I drove up and made a deposit. They're now saying it's probably going to arrive in 2 weeks.

Seems a lot of the review cars have the solar panel option, but mine will have glass roof with shade.

Congrats on your new shiny! Either the 5th generation Prius (autotragic) or the 86 (manuelle) is my dream obtainable car. I'm a big 'yota fan. I love the look of the new Prius, especially the windshield/hood angle that supposedly mimics a Lamborghini's and that tasteful adjacent line. My only gripe with the looks is the fish-lip grille and maybe a bit of the rear. I saw one (and a GR Corolla) the other day, and it looked pretty good in silver.

Last edited:
Aug 26, 2023 at 12:05 PM Post #1,395 of 1,421
As you guys can tell, I'm a big Honda guy. I want a type R integra from this gen with turbo, in white. I really want to hear the turbo release valve go off. Haha I just luv the sound of Honda engines due to the high revs. Probably one of my fav cars of all time. I always preferred the look of US model headlights over JDM.
Since I was watching more car videos with my car search...I've gotten more car video suggestions. I got a suggestion for Sarah-n-Tuned. She has videos of car restorations in her shop, as well as car reviews. She is a true motorhead: joined the Air Force and was an airplane mechanic before now spending her life in an auto shop. I just love her sense of humor. From the videos I've started watching, she's a Toyota Supra fan (she currently has a give away for an 80s Supra she's working on). Coincidentally, she has a new video of an Integra.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back