car-fi
Aug 26, 2023 at 12:10 PM Post #1,396 of 1,421
Since I was watching more car videos with my car search...I've gotten more car video suggestions. I got a suggestion for Sarah-n-Tuned. She has videos of car restorations in her shop, as well as car reviews. She is a true motorhead: joined the Air Force and was an airplane mechanic before now spending her life in an auto shop. I just love her sense of humor. From the videos I've started watching, she's a Toyota Supra fan (she currently has a give away for an 80s Supra she's working on). Coincidentally, she has a new video of an Integra.

I've seen her vids and I find them entertaining. I know she has the classic MR2, which is one of my favs

Aug 26, 2023 at 12:16 PM Post #1,397 of 1,421
Congrats on your new shiny! Either the 5th generation Prius (autotragic) or the 86 (manuelle) is my dream obtainable car. I'm a big 'yota fan. I love the look of the new Prius, especially the windshield/hood angle that supposedly mimics a Lamborghini's and that tasteful adjacent line. My only gripe with the looks is the fish-lip grille and maybe a bit of the rear. I saw one (and a GR Corolla) the other day, and it looked pretty good in silver.
Thanks! Yeah, my family has become Toyota (whether Toyota or Lexus). Growing up, my mom had a Subaru that might be being driven by someone now: she decided to give it up because it was manual and her knees were getting bad. My dad had an Audi: the thing was always in the shop, and was so over-engineered that mechanics created new problems. My first car was a Corolla and I've happened to stay Toyota in my life. My current Prius is white...I've found it a nice color that doesn't magnify dirt (not like a black car). Was originally thinking my ideal 2023 Prius Prime would be white or gray....but the top trim that became available was red: it's growing on me and I'll accept sexy. Not sure based on your location if you're the Europe market. There is a yellow option in other countries (they also have nicer things like electronic retracting mirrors). I so wish yellow was an option in North America: I think it might be the best color for the 2023 Prius. My only main gripe with the exterior design is the "built in" front license indentation (I'm in a state that doesn't have a front license). Many US reviewers also are griping about that. I have found that there is an engineering reason: there's a radar unit that's behind it. Still think they could have thought a way to recess it a bit to make that area flush.

Last edited:
Aug 26, 2023 at 9:01 PM Post #1,398 of 1,421
A prime example of how much a difference weight and displacement makes.

Aug 27, 2023 at 1:19 PM Post #1,399 of 1,421
I luv the look of these 80's retro style. I think a good restored Mustang looks great from this era as well. It's so different, you will rarely see anything like these on the road. 80's, 90's Japanese style is very distinct, and the simplicity makes them look nice. You see a lot of attention to detail in their builds

Most famous of the design is this one.

Last edited:
Aug 27, 2023 at 1:49 PM Post #1,400 of 1,421
Since I was watching more car videos with my car search...I've gotten more car video suggestions. I got a suggestion for Sarah-n-Tuned. She has videos of car restorations in her shop, as well as car reviews. She is a true motorhead: joined the Air Force and was an airplane mechanic before now spending her life in an auto shop. I just love her sense of humor. From the videos I've started watching, she's a Toyota Supra fan (she currently has a give away for an 80s Supra she's working on). Coincidentally, she has a new video of an Integra.

I don't like the new R, GR, S designs. They are just too much. Especially the Civic Type R. There's just too much crap on the design. And every car has red stitching on the seats so it looks like a type R or S? As far as Honda or Acura designs, they took a dive after the 90's. I cannot stand the new Acura designs.

EK9 type R, such a great design

As for modern type R designs, I like the European version, FN2 Type R

Last edited:
Aug 27, 2023 at 3:52 PM Post #1,401 of 1,421
I don't like the new R, GR, S designs. They are just too much. Especially the Civic Type R. There's just too much crap on the design. And every car has red stitching on the seats so it looks like a type R or S? As far as Honda or Acura designs, they took a dive after the 90's. I cannot stand the new Acura designs.

EK9 type R, such a great design

As for modern type R designs, I like the European version, FN2 Type R

Yep still sounds like crap.

I'm not sure why they all have the same fart can sound from those Hondas.

🤮

Sep 15, 2023 at 9:27 PM Post #1,403 of 1,421
Tis is why I don't buy European cars. I drive an Acura SUV, no issues. lol
LOL yeah....growing up my dad got an Audio 5000 CS. It wasn't long that it was always in the shop. The one dealer in town seemed to not fix an original issue but create another! Maybe German engineering is over-engineered to be harder to service.

On another note, I got my Prius Prime. Really impressed how luxury it feels from the 2010 Prius it replaced: and pick up is great in auto mode. Also wasn't bad in pure hybrid when I drove it from the dealership in Atlanta traffic (they just got the car and hadn't charged it for EV). It has a bubble in the protective film. While pulling it out to leave in the sun, a neighbor asked about what car it was. He was really impressed with the looks and said he might consider it over Tesla.

Sep 15, 2023 at 9:38 PM Post #1,404 of 1,421
LOL yeah....growing up my dad got an Audio 5000 CS. It wasn't long that it was always in the shop. The one dealer in town seemed to not fix an original issue but create another! Maybe German engineering is over-engineered to be harder to service.

On another note, I got my Prius Prime. Really impressed how luxury it feels from the 2010 Prius it replaced: and pick up is great in auto mode. Also wasn't bad in pure hybrid when I drove it from the dealership in Atlanta traffic (they just got the car and hadn't charged it for EV). It has a bubble in the protective film. While pulling it out to leave in the sun, a neighbor asked about what car it was. He was really impressed with the looks and said he might consider it over Tesla.
I don't consider that good engineering. Having products most reliable as possible, and actually taking into consideration of maintenance is the real engineering. The more reliable the car, the more quality I see in the vehicle. I really don't care for cars people drive around to show off at my age.

Sep 15, 2023 at 9:43 PM Post #1,405 of 1,421
I don't consider that good engineering. Having products most reliable as possible, and actually taking into consideration of maintenance is the real engineering. The more reliable the car, the more quality I see in the vehicle. I really don't care for cars people drive around to show off at my age.
Apart from Musk being political, low reliability ratings is another reason why I didn't consider Tesla (apart from also that I'm not in CA with the tax incentives and electric grid). When my dad had is Audi, my mom had a Subaru that never had issues. Though aparently Subaru used to have some issues with transmission over Toyota/Honda. Still seems the Japanese brands rank tops with reliability.

Sep 17, 2023 at 12:06 PM Post #1,407 of 1,421
OG NSX and R34 are probably my best looking cars ever! I don't do European because I don't care for cars with issues. I can see why 90's JDM sportscar prices are going up like crazy.

I want the purple one with Rays/Volk wheels https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rays_Engineering Rays makes the best looking wheels no doubt.
1694967033361.png

Last edited:
Nov 6, 2023 at 11:34 PM Post #1,410 of 1,421
These are my two mini vans after having 1 kid.

I used to have 1 mini van with the base 911.

During covid I bought what I thought was my "dream car" a base 911 non turbo and in NY it was not that fun to drive, for one after 30 minutes your back is starting to ache, for two, there are speed cams in NY all over the place. Thank god I only lost 3K USD after 3K miles despite having bought it brand new.

Thank god for the used car market going bonkers.

Attachments

• 20221016_084556.jpg
    20221016_084556.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 0
  • wx_camera_1668779344282.jpg
    wx_camera_1668779344282.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • 20210827_100437.jpg
    20210827_100437.jpg
    5.5 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread