Cavalli Audio's Liquid Carbon Owners Impressions
May 14, 2017 at 1:45 PM Post #2,521 of 2,966
hard to say... Got it in the first run, but don't use it that much, mostly use my MicroZOTL2. Use it sometimes when I want to go balanced, but my balance problem was on the single ended output, which I just recently noticed.

May 14, 2017 at 5:54 PM Post #2,522 of 2,966
6-7 weeks is a long time either way. Mine was brand new though - I think I was only on my 3rd listening session with it when it went bug eyed.

May 14, 2017 at 6:21 PM Post #2,523 of 2,966
I'm not sure how long it will be... It's about 7 weeks so far, but I don't know when I'll be getting out back, which was why I posted and was curious. Haven't gotten an estimate from Cavalli. Anyone has the experience?

May 14, 2017 at 10:48 PM Post #2,524 of 2,966
I'm not sure how long it will be... It's about 7 weeks so far, but I don't know when I'll be getting out back, which was why I posted and was curious. Haven't gotten an estimate from Cavalli. Anyone has the experience?

In response to your question, I just spoke to my friend. He said that after a month he emailed them and they apologized and said they were busy with CanJam and some new LC orders. But then nothing happened so after a few more weeks he contacted them again and they apologized again and said they expected a few more days or a week. That was two or three weeks ago. So he said it's been 9 weeks so far that the LC has been in their possession. He's hoping it'll be this week but doesn't have any updated info. He said he'll let me know if he hears something and I'll pass it on or he can post it directly.

Suggest you email them and see what's happening.

May 14, 2017 at 11:20 PM Post #2,525 of 2,966
Thanks for the post-I've emailed a few times; they've actually never even acknowledged receiving it (I checked my tracking number to be sure they did). I did send emails, and get replies with the same reasons for delay, apologies (but still don't actually know if they know where it is). So, basically, who knows when I'll get it. Oh well.

May 16, 2017 at 12:59 PM Post #2,527 of 2,966
I heard back as well, supposed to get it back in a week or so.

May 16, 2017 at 2:19 PM Post #2,528 of 2,966
Mine has been out as well for about 6 weeks so I emailed Terry and he said due to problems with their service department (a contractor it seems) they are bringing things back in house and I should get a shipping notification next week.

I just got a message from my friend who said Cavalli just emailed him and told him the same thing.

Jun 2, 2017 at 5:13 AM Post #2,529 of 2,966
My LC is en route back to me - it was gone for a little over a week (it took a while for it to get to Texas). Quick turnaround.

Jun 2, 2017 at 6:22 AM Post #2,530 of 2,966
Mine is back, sounding fine.

Jul 3, 2017 at 2:14 PM Post #2,532 of 2,966
I my experience the balanced is "cleaner" with more sensitive headphones/CIEMs.
Mine is the gen one carbon with improvements, the gen 2 might is better in this respect but still not as clean SE as it is Balanced. YMMV and all that...

Jul 3, 2017 at 3:43 PM Post #2,533 of 2,966
I understand that the single ended output has less power but are there any other downsides to using the SE output? [besides balanced cabling advantages].
First or second gen? My first gen has the low level hum issue on SE that could be a problem for that gen. Never really bothered me since I run balanced on it.

Jul 3, 2017 at 4:39 PM Post #2,534 of 2,966
I understand that the single ended output has less power but are there any other downsides to using the SE output? [besides balanced cabling advantages].

I've used SE & balanced out of the LC for several headphones--including hearing a planar (ZMF Ori) through SE out vs balanced out.

I'm not hearing much difference between outputs, with possible exception of soundstaging: LC has really good soundstaging all outputs, but it's perhaps a litlte bit more spacious/dimensional via balanced out.

I hear the same small difference through my other balanced amp, the V281.

Some people says balanced out may have slightly reduced bass vs SE, but I don't hear that from the LC (at least, not on the Ori or Fidelio X2's, both of which have quite good bass, Ori being just about the best bass I've ever heard).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back