Cayin N3Pro DAP: Dual AK4493 and MQA with Vacuum Tube
Oct 9, 2020 at 3:49 AM Post #1,396 of 2,518
Mine takes less time than yours maybe you have a defective unit. Mine charges in about 3 hours from a normal 2 amp charger. You could also just charge it at night.
I'll just add it to list what was wrong with that device in general.
Also charging at night is very irresponsible while you're handling those batteries especially in a device where you can't limit it to certain amount so you're leaving it at 100% for few hours which significantly degrades it.

Oct 9, 2020 at 6:19 AM Post #1,397 of 2,518
He knew that is a defeated unit, his dealer Phil has offered to replace his unit, I believe they have communicated since late September about this arrangement, but he decided to film a Youtube review and published two written reviews with the defeated unit and then ask for refund. You can find most of the detail in previous post HERE and HERE
That is true but also I've mentioned that in a video many times that is defective and also explained here that I'm doing that because I can't let my channel sit without a video for next 2 weeks because I live in Poland so it'll take 5-6 days to reach him. Not even gonna mention that I've asked him three times if I should send defective device first because I have no DAP for spare, which effectively delayed whole replacement by 15 days because there was no response for that question, till October 6th.

Speaking about battery you also stated in specification that charging from 2A takes around 3.5 hours. Well it takes just a little bit more in my case from USB 3.0 which outputs 900 mA.
Power isn't linear although having almost same charging time with more than twice less powerful source is rather odd and I would like to get a refund because simply amount of times per day I have to charge it and also wait for it to charge just kills me.
Listening for 9 hours so then I have to wait about 4 to charge it. Yay!

Last edited:
Oct 9, 2020 at 7:30 AM Post #1,398 of 2,518
Also charging at night is very irresponsible while you're handling those batteries especially in a device where you can't limit it to certain amount so you're leaving it at 100% for few hours which significantly degrades it.
I can't let my channel sit without a video for next 2 weeks

Probably best not to release any further videos until you do some research on power supplies & charging methodology.

Oct 9, 2020 at 8:07 AM Post #1,401 of 2,518
+1 @lordearl Not only on batteries but in general everything tech!!
I just want to point out that Matthias is a content creator for one of the biggest tech store in Poland so please guys, no need for such a statements without actually knowing his background.

As a Ear Fidelity owner i decided that i'll add something from me.

I admit that releasing a review of a faulty unit before getting the replacement is somehow doubtful.
On the other side, we try to be as honest as it gets, so we couldn't have released the review not mentioning the problem's that Matthias has encountered.

Anyway, as a long time Cayin user (i have an N5ii in my pocket literally now) and i love the N6ii i think that the best solution will be for Cayin to replace the author's unit and after that, if the same problem doesn't occur Matthias should update the reviews. That'll be most fair for everybody.N3Pro shouldn't be judged upon one faulty unit.

Oct 9, 2020 at 9:30 AM Post #1,402 of 2,518
I just want to point out that Matthias is a content creator for one of the biggest tech store in Poland so please guys, no need for such a statements without actually knowing his background.

I admit that releasing a review of a faulty unit before getting the replacement is somehow doubtful.
On the other side, we try to be as honest as it gets, so we couldn't have released the review not mentioning the problem's that Matthias has encountered.

Anyway, as a long time Cayin user (i have an N5ii in my pocket literally now) and i love the N6ii i think that the best solution will be for Cayin to replace the author's unit and after that, if the same problem doesn't occur Matthias should update the reviews. That'll be most fair for everybody.N3Pro shouldn't be judged upon one faulty unit.

If he is an expert or tech geek his statements should reflect that which is not evident here. I'm not referring to his review on the faulty unit which didn't watch it yet.
Generalising things based on someone's subjective assessments and OCD beliefs can't be appreciated here in public forum like head-fi.

Last edited:
Oct 9, 2020 at 9:48 AM Post #1,403 of 2,518

I am completely lost.

Bitwolf purchased his N3Pro from Phil, and Phil has send an replacement unit to Bitwolf already. I even request for tracking information from Phil after I read your suggestion. The N3Pro left Heathrow on 7 October 1am, so when I asked Bitwolf whether he has "send the faulty N3Pro back to Phil already", I was surprised that Bitwofl said, on 8th October, he'll send back the unit soon and ask for refund.

I think any manufacturer will be frustrated when a reviewer or a review platform decided to publish a product review based on a faulty unit, especially when there are on-going discussion/arrangement to replace the unit already. Bitwolf decided to do that because "I can't let my channel sit without a video for next 2 weeks", I know he is entitled to that, so its up to the readers to decide if this is respectable and meaningful.

It is quite common that retail shop will wait for the faulty unit to be checked first before they send out a replacement unit. Phil has gone beyond his company policy in this transaction, I just hope the goodwill that Phil has offered will become fruitful eventually.

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Oct 9, 2020 at 9:58 AM Post #1,404 of 2,518
I am completely lost.

Bitwolf purchased his N3Pro from Phil, and Phil has send an replacement unit to Bitwolf already. I even request for tracking information from Phil after I read your suggestion. The N3Pro left Heathrow on 7 October 1am, so when I asked Bitwolf whether he has "send the faulty N3Pro back to Phil already", I was surprised that Bitwofl said, on 8th October, he'll send back the unit soon and ask for refund.

I think any manufacturer will be frustrated when a reviewer or a review platform decided to publish a product review based on a faulty unit, especially when there are on-going discussion/arrangement to replace the unit already. Bitwolf decided to do that because "I can't let my channel sit without a video for next 2 weeks", I know he is entitled to that, so its up to the readers to decide if this is respectable and meaningful.

It is quite common that retail shop will wait for the faulty unit to be checked first before they send out a replacement unit. Phil has gone beyond his company policy in this transaction, I just hope the goodwill that Phil has offered will become fruitful eventually.
Objectively speaking, a product review loses a lot of its value and credibility when the reviewed unit is defective.

Oct 9, 2020 at 10:47 AM Post #1,405 of 2,518
Probably best not to release any further videos until you do some research
What has the internet come to? People actually need to have facts and knowledge or data to back their opinions?! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Oct 9, 2020 at 11:02 AM Post #1,406 of 2,518
I am completely lost.

I've sent you private message explaining whole situation. Not going to do that here because it contains private information of a seller.
Please read it.
Thank you.

Oct 9, 2020 at 11:33 AM Post #1,407 of 2,518
Dear everybody.

I decided to put the review down, as i agree with you. Matthias should have waited for the replacement unit to publish the review, as it could have been a big lack of luck for both him and for Cayin, and i find this unfair for Cayin. As a fan of Cayin devices i would like to apologize Cayin and everyone that is/might be interested in buying N3Pro, it's our fault and i want to officially admit it.

I decided that we will re-do the review upon receiving a new unit, as we really think it's a marvelous device and it deserves a respectable and fair review, not based on the faulty unit, even tho the review was very positive about the device itself, just apart of the problem it had.

Oct 9, 2020 at 11:46 AM Post #1,408 of 2,518
That is true but also I've mentioned that in a video many times that is defective and also explained here that I'm doing that because I can't let my channel sit without a video for next 2 weeks because I live in Poland so it'll take 5-6 days to reach him. Not even gonna mention that I've asked him three times if I should send defective device first because I have no DAP for spare, which effectively delayed whole replacement by 15 days because there was no response for that question, till October 6th.

Speaking about battery you also stated in specification that charging from 2A takes around 3.5 hours. Well it takes just a little bit more in my case from USB 3.0 which outputs 900 mA.
Power isn't linear although having almost same charging time with more than twice less powerful source is rather odd and I would like to get a refund because simply amount of times per day I have to charge it and also wait for it to charge just kills me.
Listening for 9 hours so then I have to wait about 4 to charge it. Yay!

The amount of times you have to charge it per day? You listen to 9 or more hours per day? With the tubes and the high powered output of the balanced you need a big capacity battery. It's not like a r3 or something with a tiny 1200mah cell that takes 2 hours to charge.

That's why I don't consider 3 hours that bad. I do charge it at about 15%. I doubt that fast charging with that bigger cell would cut more than a half an hour. Then again I use a walwart, usb is too slow.

Or you could use one of these (see below) you can get them pretty cheap. Or get an older Sony.

20201009_114519.jpg

Oct 9, 2020 at 11:49 AM Post #1,409 of 2,518
The amount of times you have to charge it per day? You listen to 9 or more hours per day? With the tubes and the high powered output of the balanced you need a big capacity battery. It's not like a r3 or something with a tiny 1200mah cell that takes 2 hours to charge.

That's why I don't consider 3 hours that bad. I do charge it at about 15%. I doubt that fast charging with that bigger cell would cut more than a half an hour. Then again I use a walwart, usb is too slow.

Or you could use one of these (see below) you can get them pretty cheap. Or get an older Sony.
Yes, I actually do listen for about 9 hours per day.
When I was working in Germany for 12-14 hours per day I pretty much was listening to my XDuoo X3 II that whole time so it was basically: have it charged when you're up then charge it on lunch break. And that's how it was for 2 months straight.
Yes powerbanks are fine but even without them N3 Pro gets pretty warm... also it's very thick so you can't really pocket both N3 Pro and powerbank as well. Not mentioning about huge noise from powerbank I had while I was listening to it and charging it at the same time.

Nonetheless I've sent faulty unit back to seller. As it was mentioned in a post little earlier review got deleted because of unit being faulty. I am no longer an owner of N3 Pro which means I'll stop posting here.
Although it wasn't fully my fault, doing that review wasn't greatest idea in the world and I would like to apologize to all confused people as well as Cayin for doing that.
Sorry.

Last edited:
Oct 9, 2020 at 2:27 PM Post #1,410 of 2,518
This dap keeps sounding better and better
Fine synergy with Dunu 3001pro

It slowly blinks/moves when charging and it stays red (no blinking) when at 100%.
Hello, I should just like to add my praise for the N3Pro, if one follows the instructions, it is really a wonderful musical experience in all genres. I should like to give a shout-out to Andrew and the Music-Teck team for their outstanding customer service, and in hand-holding me through several issues, which were not intuitive to find out! Particularly helpful in pairing with BT the Nuraphones, and in realising that HyBy link needs to be turned off, for the BT to function at all!
Thanks again Music-Teck team!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back