Cayin N3Ultra: an Entry-level Portable DAP that Delivers a Complete Vacuum Tube Audio Experience
Apr 3, 2024 at 11:14 AM Post #226 of 706
I wanted to order from Hifigo becausethe price is cheaper than in Europe and I don't have to pay customs fees. I don't understand why prices are always higher in Europe than the rest of the world
Because we pay VAT.

Apr 3, 2024 at 11:39 AM Post #228 of 706
All countries apply tax, not only Europe
We have the highest VAT in the world. As an example the USA do not have VAT per se, but a sales tax that varies between 2.9% to 7.25%.

Apr 3, 2024 at 11:45 AM Post #229 of 706
We have the highest VAT in the world. As an example the USA do not have VAT per se, but a sales tax that varies between 2.9% to 7.25%.
Sales tax in California is almost 10%
Just saying...

Apr 3, 2024 at 11:49 AM Post #230 of 706
Apr 3, 2024 at 12:54 PM Post #231 of 706
I wanted to order from Hifigo becausethe price is cheaper than in Europe and I don't have to pay customs fees. I don't understand why prices are always higher in Europe than the rest of the world
Cost of living? Europeans pay for that up front, but Americans simply borrow their way into oblivion first.

Apr 3, 2024 at 1:03 PM Post #232 of 706
Apr 3, 2024 at 1:33 PM Post #233 of 706
Denmark pay 25% vat and yet it's the happiest country in the world with best services and a sincere respect for the environment, so what's important isn't how much vat we pay but how well our politicians spend it because in the end we would benefit from it.

Last edited:
Apr 3, 2024 at 2:24 PM Post #234 of 706
Let's drop the VAT discussion, and go back to DAP discussion...

Apr 3, 2024 at 3:02 PM Post #236 of 706
Help! I've fallen down the rabbit hole and I can't get up! Before last black friday, I only had a Hidisz HD80S with Grado SR80x. Then I bought a Hiby R5ii for the black friday sale. I had no IEMs, just an old pair of Shure earbuds, so I bought Tangzu's Heyday IEMS (which I think are remarkably good for the price). Things escalated from there with Hifiman HE400SE, then Hiby RS6 followed by a used MEST MK2, then used Cayin N7, used RS2, then Hifiman Ananda Nano. Music is a huge part of my life and I've mainly used speaker setups, and early mp3 players (Rio, PJB100 (the first HD MP3 player), iPods) with cheaper earbuds. I love my Chifi Onix SP3 tube amp, so I had to get the new N3Ultra. Make it stop! :dt880smile:

Looking forward to hearing the new toy. I think that should be it for a while. I'm quite enjoying head-fi life. :beerchug:

Apr 3, 2024 at 3:12 PM Post #237 of 706
Help! I've fallen down the rabbit hole and I can't get up! Before last black friday, I only had a Hidisz HD80S with Grado SR80x. Then I bought a Hiby R5ii for the black friday sale. I had no IEMs, just an old pair of Shure earbuds, so I bought Tangzu's Heyday IEMS (which I think are remarkably good for the price). Things escalated from there with Hifiman HE400SE, then Hiby RS6 followed by a used MEST MK2, then used Cayin N7, used RS2, then Hifiman Ananda Nano. Music is a huge part of my life and I've mainly used speaker setups, and early mp3 players (Rio, PJB100 (the first HD MP3 player), iPods) with cheaper earbuds. I love my Chifi Onix SP3 tube amp, so I had to get the new N3Ultra. Make it stop! :dt880smile:

Looking forward to hearing the new toy. I think that should be it for a while. I'm quite enjoying head-fi life. :beerchug:
You need to check yourself into a sanitarium and get help. Just make sure to take the N7 and the MEST MK2 with you before you go.

Apr 3, 2024 at 3:30 PM Post #238 of 706

I remember this being mentioned before, Hifigo is not Cayin's official seller. I also recall reading that some people who pre-ordered from them received the product later since official sellers get their stock in first. Plus, if something goes wrong, you can't contact Cayin for support and replacement, and instead will have to send it back to hifigo for them to deal with whoever sold them the product in the first place.

Apr 3, 2024 at 11:49 PM Post #239 of 706

I think that should be it for one month? :beerchug:

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Apr 3, 2024 at 11:53 PM Post #240 of 706
I remember this being mentioned before, Hifigo is not Cayin's official seller. I also recall reading that some people who pre-ordered from them received the product later since official sellers get their stock in first. Plus, if something goes wrong, you can't contact Cayin for support and replacement, and instead will have to send it back to hifigo for them to deal with whoever sold them the product in the first place.

For the record: HERE.

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back