CES 2011: Day One
Jan 18, 2011 at 10:11 AM Post #65 of 79
If the 50 Cent phones are worth anything more than... well 50 cents, you can color me surprised.

They might be if Mr. Jackson himself has nothing to do with how they sound, and just stands as a poster boy for the product.

Can you please get some more pictures of those beyerdynamic portable phones? They looked pretty gorgeous, and since I just sent my SR80i's back for a refund and am now looking for something else I'm mildly curious. Then again, the headband looks similar to the one's cheap headphones always had back in the day, and I am NOT looking forward to getting my freakin' hair stuck in the freakin' sliding bit ever again.

Jan 18, 2011 at 11:25 AM Post #66 of 79
Is there a Day 2 post forthcoming?

Jan 19, 2011 at 3:02 AM Post #67 of 79
What color of paint do you want my friend. Rofl

Quote:
If the 50 Cent phones are worth anything more than... well 50 cents, you can color me surprised.

They might be if Mr. Jackson himself has nothing to do with how they sound, and just stands as a poster boy for the product.

Can you please get some more pictures of those beyerdynamic portable phones? They looked pretty gorgeous, and since I just sent my SR80i's back for a refund and am now looking for something else I'm mildly curious. Then again, the headband looks similar to the one's cheap headphones always had back in the day, and I am NOT looking forward to getting my freakin' hair stuck in the freakin' sliding bit ever again.

Jan 19, 2011 at 8:32 AM Post #68 of 79

Quote:
What color of paint do you want my friend. Rofl

Quote:

Purple would be lovely, but I'm not too picky.

Jan 19, 2011 at 11:18 AM Post #69 of 79
Ok, i will call my local paintshop first thing in the morning
biggrin.gif
. On the serious side, the reason i have very high expectations for this is that Sleek is known for making very good iems, just a little light on the bass FWIR. So now they team up with 50 cent so i`m expecting they will take a serious look at adding some bass to these. And if you add in kleer that have far better bandwith than bluetooth this actually can work out very well. Just my 2 cent
wink_face.gif

Jan 19, 2011 at 12:34 PM Post #70 of 79
Fair enough, it's just that after the Bieber & Dre beats it's hard to take things like these seriously, especially considering how Mr. Jackson has as much musical ability as my slightly ripped left gym sneaker (hat's off to the businessman in him, though). Here's to hoping it won't be just another over-hyped over-priced pair of concentrated clever marketing & looks. Then again, I've never had the pleasure of hearing Sleek phones in action so I really don't know what I'm talking about.

I guess I'm just being a negative nancy :p

*Patiently waiting for a pair of Celine Dion Skullcandys*

Jan 19, 2011 at 2:14 PM Post #71 of 79
Skullcandy and Monster celebrity headphones is indeed not much liked on Headfi, the exeption  may be the Monster Miles Davis tribute and i really hope this is another. And i really hope Celine Dion stays away from scullcandy lol. Maybe Sennheiser is a better alternative, i think so
beerchug.gif

Quote:
Fair enough, it's just that after the Bieber & Dre beats it's hard to take things like these seriously, especially considering how Mr. Jackson has as much musical ability as my slightly ripped left gym sneaker (hat's off to the businessman in him, though). Here's to hoping it won't be just another over-hyped over-priced pair of concentrated clever marketing & looks. Then again, I've never had the pleasure of hearing Sleek phones in action so I really don't know what I'm talking about.

I guess I'm just being a negative nancy :p

*Patiently waiting for a pair of Celine Dion Skullcandys*

Jan 19, 2011 at 4:27 PM Post #72 of 79

Quote:

sounds like the portapros to me....literally pulling my hair out everyday

Jan 19, 2011 at 5:51 PM Post #75 of 79

Users who are viewing this thread

Back