CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Feb 2, 2018 at 11:34 AM Post #6,556 of 31,859
Are there any balanced ChiFi IEMs?
What do you mean by balanced:
1-soundsignature?
2-balanced armature IEM?
3-IEM with balanced cable?

Feb 2, 2018 at 11:39 AM Post #6,557 of 31,859
Just received KZ EDR2. I wasn't expecting much based on my experience with the first ATE. But, these EDR2 are superb. Amazing balance, but i wasn't expecting that bass presence, very nice. Bass lovers have no reason to be afraid of these. A lovely warm sound. Based on my experiences with ZST, that single driver is indeed a hiddem gem. Now i start to believe the guy that said that EDR2 sound very close to hifiman re-400. When - If - my hifiman arrive, i will be able to tell.
Hehe, yeah, they are very good IEM, second KZ pair I try and this was the begining of lot of revelation and addiction. Unfortunately, I remember showing 3 IEM to choose from to thank a friend, and wishing he did NOT choose this one...well, after trying 3 (don't remember the other) chifi IEM he choose the EDR2 and I regret it even if I pay 4$ for them.

About RE-400, are they findable for 20$ right now??????????????????

Can't afford the RE2000 so I will divide the price by 100 and buy the 400 once its on sale again.

Feb 2, 2018 at 12:47 PM Post #6,559 of 31,859
OH....these look very interesting aren't they?

Anybody try the Yersen FEN-2000 hybrid....construction look as good as Tinaudio but it sell at 22$ wich look an incredible price.
Who's the guinea pig for this one??
Me, you, everybody?
HTB1NWkplfDH8KJjy1Xcq6ApdXXau.jpg

and a specs graphic give always more seriousness to the sound engineering of an unknown IEM (don't look peaky to me, perhaps little treble roll of but for hybrid it can be a PLUS):
HTB1LQLAldfJ8KJjy0Feq6xKEXXaE.jpg

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Yer...b93c-4689-8650-5437cc7c268f&priceBeautifyAB=0

EDIT: What the heck....do we really have all this stuff for 22$????
UTB84QX8tNHEXKJk43Jeq6yeeXXaM.jpg

Just crazy...2X MMCX cable for 22$ is already a good price....man, think this begin to work on me, should stop being curious about these. Hum. Damn, might just buy it ASAP.

Last edited:
Feb 2, 2018 at 12:51 PM Post #6,560 of 31,859
FIIO F
IEM with balanced cable
FIIO F5 are thinked to be used with included balanced cable....
but you can transform any IEM into balance mode if you buy a good balanced MMCX cable.

Feb 2, 2018 at 1:21 PM Post #6,561 of 31,859
OH....these look very interesting aren't they?

Anybody try the Yersen FEN-2000 hybrid....construction look as good as Tinaudio but it sell at 22$ wich look an incredible price.
Who's the guinea pig for this one??
Me, you, everybody?
HTB1NWkplfDH8KJjy1Xcq6ApdXXau.jpg

and a specs graphic give always more seriousness to the sound engineering of an unknown IEM (don't look peaky to me, perhaps little treble roll of but for hybrid it can be a PLUS):
HTB1LQLAldfJ8KJjy0Feq6xKEXXaE.jpg

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Yer...b93c-4689-8650-5437cc7c268f&priceBeautifyAB=0
Just ordered these (along with the Z5000)! I’ll post my first impressions as soon as they come in.

Feb 2, 2018 at 1:31 PM Post #6,562 of 31,859
Just ordered these (along with the Z5000)! I’ll post my first impressions as soon as they come in.
You've been faster than me on this....cowboy.
200.gif

Feb 2, 2018 at 2:04 PM Post #6,564 of 31,859

Attachments

• 0FB18D43-601F-4C84-9C78-5B45B9215DAD.gif
    0FB18D43-601F-4C84-9C78-5B45B9215DAD.gif
    671.5 KB · Views: 0
Feb 2, 2018 at 2:32 PM Post #6,565 of 31,859
Hehe, yeah, they are very good IEM, second KZ pair I try and this was the begining of lot of revelation and addiction. Unfortunately, I remember showing 3 IEM to choose from to thank a friend, and wishing he did NOT choose this one...well, after trying 3 (don't remember the other) chifi IEM he choose the EDR2 and I regret it even if I pay 4$ for them.

About RE-400, are they findable for 20$ right now??????????????????

Can't afford the RE2000 so I will divide the price by 100 and buy the 400 once its on sale again.

Hm, Just looked at joybuy and they are selling now for 79$. You can find find them for less in other stores. But 25$, only in a special occasion

Feb 2, 2018 at 3:45 PM Post #6,566 of 31,859
Just received KZ EDR2. I wasn't expecting much based on my experience with the first ATE. But, these EDR2 are superb.

Now it is time to get the EDR1 before they are gone. Soundwise, they are close, but better to handle and a bit prettier.
I tried the Hifiman RE-400. The difference to your EDR2 may be indeed small.

Feb 2, 2018 at 3:45 PM Post #6,567 of 31,859
Dear All, certainly enjoying this forum ! Thanks, learning much...and spending a lot !

Heard some folks use equalizers. Any suggestions on good, ideally portable, equalizers.

Thanks in advance !

A few years ago I was on a quest for a standalone portable EQ. They are rare birds indeed (I'm only aware of a small handful that ever came out over the years), and I eventually gave up.

99% of the people that talk about equalizers are using built-in EQ functionality on their phones (natively or via apps) or DAP media players. For example the FiiO DAPs (and many others) have built in equalizers. Some only have built in profiles, some support 1 custom profiles, and some support infinite custom profiles.

I use the EQ built into Rockbox on my xduoo X3. It's highly customizable, and supports infinite custom profiles (which can be named whatever you want).

Feb 2, 2018 at 4:00 PM Post #6,568 of 31,859
Just received KZ EDR2. I wasn't expecting much based on my experience with the first ATE. But, these EDR2 are superb. Amazing balance, but i wasn't expecting that bass presence, very nice. Bass lovers have no reason to be afraid of these. A lovely warm sound. Based on my experiences with ZST, that single driver is indeed a hiddem gem. Now i start to believe the guy that said that EDR2 sound very close to hifiman re-400. When - If - my hifiman arrive, i will be able to tell.

Yeah, for $4-$5 it's nuts not to have at least either the EDR1 or EDR2 in every ChiFi collection. The sound is excellent, and they are built like a tank. Easy to tuck into a workout bag, the glovebox, desk at work, etc.

One of the few IEMs I trust to give kids/teens, as they outlast 99% of other IEMs at the same price point, and are cheap to replace when they inevitably destroy them.

My only gripe is the sticky "gut" cable that the old KZs had. They knot and tangle if you breathe on them, which just increases the wear and tear when you have to untangle them every time you use them. This is one of the main reasons for cable failure on them, especially if you don't have a lot of patience (and certainly kids/teens don't).

tangled earphones 1.jpeg

Thank gosh there have been scientific studies done in this area LOL: http://www.realclear.com/discovery/..._headphones_has_finally_been_solved_7798.html

Feb 2, 2018 at 4:08 PM Post #6,569 of 31,859
Are there any balanced ChiFi IEMs?

With a balanced MMCX cable, any MMCX IEM can become a balanced IEM. Pretty sure I've seen KZs (ZS5 if I remember correctly) in balanced mode too, but I don't know remember if someone rewired the stock cable or bought a pre-made balanced cable.

I'm not sold on balanced anyways. There seems to be no clear wiring/plug standard yet, and supposedly the 2.5mm stuff likes to snap off at the plug (supposedly prompting an industry switch to something larger than 2.5mm).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back