CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Apr 30, 2018 at 8:46 PM Post #9,931 of 31,846
Nice! I am looking for someone who has the exclusive 3 to compare to other well stabilished budget iem's. I think that they fit my needs.

Just get them. If you don't like them, I'm sure you could get most of your money back, or at the very least have something pretty to look at, haha. Too bad you're not in Canada or the US or I'd send you a TFZ care package so you could try them out first.

Apr 30, 2018 at 9:16 PM Post #9,932 of 31,846
Thank you ! Does any member know of any DAP/DAC brand where Bluetooth and Tidal/Spotify are available ?

I am looking for such an item to replace my Iphone Smartphone as source - would have to be superior in sound.

Much appreciate your recommendations. Thanks and regards !

Hiby R3 is a good option. Here is a review by audio123:
https://audio123blog.wordpress.com/2018/04/16/hiby-r3/#more-2097

It has Wi-Fi for Tital, Bluetooth, touch screen, and a balanced output. It's on kickstarter now.

Well, for better sound, you can always go for Cayin N5 ii, ibasoo x200, A&k Kann...

Apr 30, 2018 at 9:30 PM Post #9,933 of 31,846
Just get them. If you don't like them, I'm sure you could get most of your money back, or at the very least have something pretty to look at, haha. Too bad you're not in Canada or the US or I'd send you a TFZ care package so you could try them out first.

So Nice of you. Appreciate It.

My plan is beetwen end up selling my zs10 and go for the exclusive 3 as i would'nt need to save for It, or save for sometime and go with ibasso. I would'nt be able to resell tfz or ibasso here. People only know about KZ's here in Brazil. Anyway my mind is beetwen these two. Cheaper exclusive 3 or the pricier ibasso.

Apr 30, 2018 at 9:38 PM Post #9,934 of 31,846
Just got my Rose North Forest! First impression: very bass heavy. Even compared to the LKER i8, which is known to have prominent bass. To me, the bass in the North Forest bleeds into the mids/highs and makes everything sound a bit muddy. It's less noticeable in acoustic songs and songs that emphasize vocals, but with EDM it's hard for me to appreciate much else because the bass dominates the sound. The good news is that after EQing down the low end, the mids and highs come through a bit more. In contrast, the bass on the LKER i8 feels more controlled and tight out of the box. Other thoughts: the multi-function button doesn't work with my Android phone for some reason (I haven't had a chance to test the microphone yet), the earphones are super light and comfy, the fit is excellent, and there is noticeable microphonics from the wires that attach directly to the earpieces but none from the main cable.

Compared to the Yersen FEN-2000 (keep in mind, this is from memory since my Yersens are out of commission currently), the Yersens are more balanced and detailed. I had some issues with fit and driver flex with the Yersens though, which I do not have with the North Forest.

Early verdict for the Rose North Forest: Even if you are a bass head, I think there are better options at the $25-$30 price point. I enjoy my LKER i8 (~$30 at time of purchase on eBay) much more when I listen to music that is bass heavy. To me, it's more crisp, has better instrument separation, and an overall cleaner sound. The LKER i8 also feels more "fun," perhaps due to its slight V-shaped signature. My KZ ZSR is on the way (which I understand is also known for its bass) so I'm happy to provide a comparison once I receive them!

Lker i8's cable is not removable though

Apr 30, 2018 at 9:46 PM Post #9,935 of 31,846
Lker i8's cable is not removable though

Absolutely right! Definitely a bummer though to be fair, the Rose North Forest also has a non-removable cable. It's cool that Chi-Fi IEMs are increasingly moving to removable cables at this price point but I am still of the mindset that for $25-$30, it's something that I really appreciate but don't necessarily expect.

Apr 30, 2018 at 9:50 PM Post #9,936 of 31,846
Absolutely right! Definitely a bummer though to be fair, the Rose North Forest also has a non-removable cable. It's cool that Chi-Fi IEMs are increasingly moving to removable cables at this price point but I am still of the mindset that for $25-$30, it's something that I really appreciate but don't necessarily expect.

Tinaudio T2 comes to mind

Apr 30, 2018 at 9:59 PM Post #9,937 of 31,846
If Rose North is very bassy, what the heck kind of psychotic bass boosting am I doing that it feels kind of semi-balanced to my ears.

You might be holding the EQ upside down? :dt880smile:

Apr 30, 2018 at 10:10 PM Post #9,938 of 31,846
I enjoy my LKER i8 (~$30 at time of purchase on eBay) much more when I listen to music that is bass heavy. To me, it's more crisp, has better instrument separation, and an overall cleaner sound. The LKER i8 also feels more "fun," perhaps due to its slight V-shaped signature. My KZ ZSR is on the way (which I understand is also known for its bass) so I'm happy to provide a comparison once I receive them!

I have had the Lker i8 for 5 months and don't like it that much, though I don't know why. To me it is nothing special. To my ears, it is very tips dependent and I had problems with an overwhelming mid bass until I used the Tennmak Whirlwind.

Please prove me wrong so that I can enjoy them more.

Apr 30, 2018 at 10:10 PM Post #9,939 of 31,846
If you are looking for a smartphone replacement as well then look into LG V30 (or V20 as a cheaper option). If your budget can accomodate it take the V30 flagship which has better battery life and people say it's more polished and what V20 should have been in the first place.

Both have audiophile grade Sabre quad DAC and hifi amp. Streaming services at best and naturally fluid interface common to smartphones, best compatibility with Playstore apps, Bluetooth, smartcard and so on.

There's a dedicated thread for it, check it out. Some people say is that good that they are ditching their mid tier daps for it.

Since getting good deals on lg v20 or v30 is impossible for me in india i am considering nokia 8 it seems good

Apr 30, 2018 at 10:21 PM Post #9,940 of 31,846
I have had the Lker i8 for 5 months and don't like it that much, though I don't know why. To me it is nothing special. To my ears, it is very tips dependent and I had problems with an overwhelming mid bass until I used the Tennmak Whirlwind.

Please prove me wrong so that I can enjoy them more.

Not sure I can prove you wrong @Otto Motor, that would be quite a tall order! I enjoy them mainly when I listen to EDM, hip hop, rap, and other genres that tend to emphasize bass. The default tips that were on the earpieces when I first opened the box were a great fit (the black silicone ones, not the red silicone or the foams) and I didn't experiment with other tips. I still prefer the IT01 for that type of music but I throw on the i8 when I'm working out or in a situation where I can't protect the iBassos. You obviously have way more experience with different earphones so I can't vouch for the LKER i8 as the king of budget V-shaped fun IEMs, just that they fit into that category very nicely and I've gotten a lot of enjoyment out of them.

Apr 30, 2018 at 11:16 PM Post #9,941 of 31,846
Not sure I can prove you wrong @Otto Motor, that would be quite a tall order! I enjoy them mainly when I listen to EDM, hip hop, rap, and other genres that tend to emphasize bass. The default tips that were on the earpieces when I first opened the box were a great fit (the black silicone ones, not the red silicone or the foams) and I didn't experiment with other tips. I still prefer the IT01 for that type of music but I throw on the i8 when I'm working out or in a situation where I can't protect the iBassos. You obviously have way more experience with different earphones so I can't vouch for the LKER i8 as the king of budget V-shaped fun IEMs, just that they fit into that category very nicely and I've gotten a lot of enjoyment out of them.
Thanks! One thing, though: they are very comfy! The Lker i8 has not seen many reviews, unfortunately. I'll pull thme out tonight for a spin.

Last edited:
Apr 30, 2018 at 11:29 PM Post #9,942 of 31,846
Just got my Rose North Forest! First impression: very bass heavy. Even compared to the LKER i8, which is known to have prominent bass. To me, the bass in the North Forest bleeds into the mids/highs and makes everything sound a bit muddy. It's less noticeable in acoustic songs and songs that emphasize vocals, but with EDM it's hard for me to appreciate much else because the bass dominates the sound. The good news is that after EQing down the low end, the mids and highs come through a bit more. In contrast, the bass on the LKER i8 feels more controlled and tight out of the box. Other thoughts: the multi-function button doesn't work with my Android phone for some reason (I haven't had a chance to test the microphone yet), the earphones are super light and comfy, the fit is excellent, and there is noticeable microphonics from the wires that attach directly to the earpieces but none from the main cable.

Compared to the Yersen FEN-2000 (keep in mind, this is from memory since my Yersens are out of commission currently), the Yersens are more balanced and detailed. I had some issues with fit and driver flex with the Yersens though, which I do not have with the North Forest.

Early verdict for the Rose North Forest: Even if you are a bass head, I think there are better options at the $25-$30 price point. I enjoy my LKER i8 (~$30 at time of purchase on eBay) much more when I listen to music that is bass heavy. To me, it's more crisp, has better instrument separation, and an overall cleaner sound. The LKER i8 also feels more "fun," perhaps due to its slight V-shaped signature. My KZ ZSR is on the way (which I understand is also known for its bass) so I'm happy to provide a comparison once I receive them!
Well, I think you have to eq mid bass down, some people ear interpret bass slam as bleed...

It happens but still not level of zhiyin z5000

It sounds like child of dita dream

Apr 30, 2018 at 11:35 PM Post #9,944 of 31,846
Thanks! One thing, though: they are very comfy! The Lker i8 has not seen many reviews, unfortunately. I'll pull the out tonight for a spin.

You bet! I did notice before I purchased a pair that individual impressions were all over the place. Not sure if that is a reflection of QC or different versions but the variation seemed too large to be due to subjective preference only :thinking:. And @dhruvmeena96, very true! After I EQ'ed the bass down I've enjoyed the Rose NF way more than how they sounded straight out of the box (I'm guessing that's just my ears, though).

Apr 30, 2018 at 11:43 PM Post #9,945 of 31,846
So Nice of you. Appreciate It.

My plan is beetwen end up selling my zs10 and go for the exclusive 3 as i would'nt need to save for It, or save for sometime and go with ibasso. I would'nt be able to resell tfz or ibasso here. People only know about KZ's here in Brazil. Anyway my mind is beetwen these two. Cheaper exclusive 3 or the pricier ibasso.

@paulindss Based on your description of what you're looking for I would be shocked if you were disappointed by the iBasso IT01. I know it's at the upper limit of your price range and there are other less expensive options that seem to be comparable; all I can say is I'm a very price sensitive consumer (always looking for the best bang for my buck!) and I've been extremely happy with my purchase. I try to buy Chi-Fi at discounted prices but I paid full price for them and to me, they're worth every penny.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back