CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Jun 5, 2018 at 5:16 PM Post #11,236 of 31,846
Well Artiste DC1 in the house and first impression are rather favourable. U shaped with powerful bass on initial listen, vocals both male and female sound good. Highs clear and present but not piercing. This is what the Rose North Forest should have been
What can you say about their build quality and sealing comfort? And I join the soundstage question. I'm almost sure that 13-mm driver provides a lot of soundspace.

Jun 5, 2018 at 5:22 PM Post #11,237 of 31,846
I use the bgvp ds1 v1 atm.. I have too many iems.. Thanks to head fi lol.. I want avoid impulse buys

I know. Headfi can cause impulse buys. You should list what you have in your profile.

Jun 5, 2018 at 5:43 PM Post #11,238 of 31,846
Hello everyone. I've lurked here for quite sometimes but only decided to make a post now as currently im bounced between two options, and I highly respect the opinions of those who frequently post here.
So, to those who own both the ES4 and the TRN V20: Could you please compare the differences in SQ between the two? Which one gives you better value for its price?
I love them both. They both have good solid bass though the Es4 is slightly rounder and fuller. The mids are thicker on the Es4 than the V20. I like the Es4 for rock and guitar heavy music and the V20 for everything else though I could happily live with either one. The Es4 has less pronounced treble though neither is harsh in my opinion. The V20 has more air up top. They both come with decent cables. They are both really affordable so why not try both? Welcome to Head-fi and sorry about your wallet. :)

Jun 5, 2018 at 5:45 PM Post #11,239 of 31,846
I use the bgvp ds1 v1 atm.. I have too many iems.. Thanks to head fi lol.. I want avoid impulse buys

What other IEMs do you own? I noticed your profile isn’t filled out. It would help others with recommendations if they knew all of the gear you have.

Jun 5, 2018 at 5:50 PM Post #11,240 of 31,846
I love them both. They both have good solid bass though the Es4 is slightly rounder and fuller. The mids are thicker on the Es4 than the V20. I like the Es4 for rock and guitar heavy music and the V20 for everything else though I could happily live with either one. The Es4 has less pronounced treble though neither is harsh in my opinion. The V20 has more air up top. They both come with decent cables. They are both really affordable so why not try both? Welcome to Head-fi and sorry about your wallet. :)
Yeah! Really accurate description.

Especially the last part. :p

Jun 5, 2018 at 5:51 PM Post #11,241 of 31,846
Listening to Alison Krauss and Union Station with DX200 and KZ ES4 and it is most excellent so it is more capable than stated

Jun 5, 2018 at 6:45 PM Post #11,242 of 31,846
which iems are the most natural sounding in sub 100$ category and also in 50$ category

Jun 5, 2018 at 8:08 PM Post #11,244 of 31,846
Listening to Alison Krauss and Union Station with DX200 and KZ ES4 and it is most excellent so it is more capable than stated
After reading this, I gave my KZ Es4 another listen with acoustic music and I am very impressed. When listening to rock I enjoy it for its punchy bass and powerful mids. With acoustic instruments, guitar, mandolin, violin etc, it's really got amazing detail, it just doesn't achieve it through boosted treble so it sneaks up on you. Very cohesive and natural sounding. Nice woody tone without hype. Very impressive! Thanks for bringing that up!

Jun 6, 2018 at 1:53 AM Post #11,245 of 31,846
After reading this, I gave my KZ Es4 another listen with acoustic music and I am very impressed. When listening to rock I enjoy it for its punchy bass and powerful mids. With acoustic instruments, guitar, mandolin, violin etc, it's really got amazing detail, it just doesn't achieve it through boosted treble so it sneaks up on you. Very cohesive and natural sounding. Nice woody tone without hype. Very impressive! Thanks for bringing that up!
Glad I decided to go with ES4. It should sound great out of my powerful modded DX50 ;P Will definitely compare them to ZS5v1 & IT01.

Jun 6, 2018 at 1:59 AM Post #11,246 of 31,846
what does woody tone mean?
tone of wood striking is it?

Jun 6, 2018 at 2:52 AM Post #11,247 of 31,846
which iems are the most natural sounding in sub 100$ category and also in 50$ category
That will still be the Tin Audio T2. :)

Jun 6, 2018 at 9:31 AM Post #11,248 of 31,846
what does woody tone mean?
tone of wood striking is it?
Just referring to the texture of the mids. You can hear the resonance of the wooden instrument. You don't always hear this because it gets covered up by other instruments or by excessive high frequency info. Listen to a solo acoustic guitar on a nice recording and it often has this texture added by the wood in addition to the brighter string sounds. This is all my interpretation of of it, not sure if anyone else uses this analogy so take it with a grain of salt.

Jun 6, 2018 at 9:53 AM Post #11,249 of 31,846
Just referring to the texture of the mids. You can hear the resonance of the wooden instrument. You don't always hear this because it gets covered up by other instruments or by excessive high frequency info. Listen to a solo acoustic guitar on a nice recording and it often has this texture added by the wood in addition to the brighter string sounds. This is all my interpretation of of it, not sure if anyone else uses this analogy so take it with a grain of salt.

the term would be timbre, I guess?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back