CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Jun 6, 2018 at 12:18 PM Post #11,253 of 31,846
Hi guys! I need some recommendation about chifi about ,30 dollars. I want a basshead sound signature for edm music: house, eurodance, italo disco... Many thanks!!!!

If you’re willing to spend 40usd (and you have your own spare MMCX cable), the ZhiYin z5000.

Jun 6, 2018 at 12:28 PM Post #11,254 of 31,846
Hi guys! I need some recommendation about chifi about ,30 dollars. I want a basshead sound signature for edm music: house, eurodance, italo disco... Many thanks!!!!
A good one for bass-flavoured is I-INTO i8. It sports a 10mm and two 6mm DDs. And with all that, the mids and uppers are balanced.

Jun 6, 2018 at 12:32 PM Post #11,255 of 31,846
For less than that and only made in China, the Skullcandy Smokin' Buds 2 are very, very good. Build is a bit cheap, flimsy but soundwise they are quite outstanding with IMO not much to envy, besides build quality, box and accessories, to those I have in my signature. I bought several "old new stock" ones on eBay for just £5/6 each.

Last edited:
Jun 6, 2018 at 12:34 PM Post #11,256 of 31,846
KZ had an anouncement of 10 pure BA (5 per ear) IEM on their shop's page. They have just updated it now, with a picture of the model. Have anybody heard something about those planned goodies? I personally love BA sound, so I'll probably wait for them. But BA bass is quite unspectacular usually. Its interesting, how will they sound. Untill now I haven't seen cheap pure BA headphones, only very expensive models.

Jun 6, 2018 at 12:46 PM Post #11,257 of 31,846
KZ had an anouncement of 10 pure BA (5 per ear) IEM on their shop's page. They have just updated it now, with a picture of the model. Have anybody heard something about those planned goodies? I personally love BA sound, so I'll probably wait for them. But BA bass is quite unspectacular usually. Its interesting, how will they sound. Untill now I haven't seen cheap pure BA headphones, only very expensive models.

What do you consider expensive? I have this pure BA one and it is excellent... different cable though... a $26 one from Aliexpress. You can buy the iem without a cable for $96

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/New...Y-HIFI-Monitor-DJ-Customized/32817217678.html

Jun 6, 2018 at 1:59 PM Post #11,259 of 31,846
Last edited:
Jun 6, 2018 at 3:09 PM Post #11,261 of 31,846
I didnt like how the soundstage and vocals are presented in the soundsignature and they were very neutral for my taste..they had no bass at all.. Other then that they were good but i decided to not use anymore.. Its a matter of preference

Last edited:
Jun 6, 2018 at 3:26 PM Post #11,262 of 31,846
any idea where to buy Tin Audio T515 Black?
Had asked TinHifi about that they replied only gold. Never got them after reading some bad impressions so no idea how they sound.

Jun 6, 2018 at 4:24 PM Post #11,263 of 31,846
I didnt like how the soundstage and vocals are presented in the soundsignature and they were very neutral for my taste..they had no bass at all.. Other then that they were good but i decided to not use anymore.. Its a matter of preference

Perhaps you had some sort of defect with yours (a poor seal even)? Because normally they have tons of bass, and definitely not neutral. The vocals and soundstage are excellent too. But like you mentioned, we all hear differently and it's a matter preference.

Just be sure you aren't chasing a rabbit down a hole that you will never catch.

Jun 6, 2018 at 4:38 PM Post #11,264 of 31,846
Perhaps you had some sort of defect with yours (a poor seal even)? Because normally they have tons of bass, and definitely not neutral. The vocals and soundstage are excellent too. But like you mentioned, we all hear differently and it's a matter preference.

Just be sure you aren't chasing a rabbit down a hole that you will never catch.
i am not chasing anything but u are right i am happy what i have right now... :beyersmile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back