CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Jun 8, 2018 at 7:41 AM Post #11,296 of 31,846
Tin Audio T2 is a great iem, very neutral and accurate, Hisenior B5+ has a fuller sound with more bass. I like them both very much
sheep that i am, i ordered the hisenior. it's good to be a sheep...

Jun 8, 2018 at 8:54 AM Post #11,297 of 31,846
sheep that i am, i ordered the hisenior. it's good to be a sheep...
Waiting for Your feedback - especially compared to IT01 & T2. Might be my next ~100$ IEM (Hisenior B5+ (version 5).

Jun 8, 2018 at 9:39 AM Post #11,298 of 31,846
Tin Audio T2 is a great iem, very neutral and accurate, Hisenior B5+ has a fuller sound with more bass. I like them both very much

is the shell hollow or filled? the transparent looks nice

Jun 8, 2018 at 10:12 AM Post #11,300 of 31,846
Very nice explanation and this is one of the MUST HAVE qualities of IEMs to me, along with airy soundstage that "eats-up" reverbs and delays naturally without "cutting" them too much. Though, I must say that my personal hearing is quite sensitive to low-mids&mid-bass and I`m struggling to find IEM that has perfect spot at this. ZS5v1 has spot-on amazing large soundstage, airiness, delays&reverbs but lack little in low-mids... then I have IT01 which has kinda near-perfect low-mids and mid-bass for me but bass quantity feels sometimes too much and soundstage width tad narrow sometimes (but renders great, just wish it was more spread-out into width), depending on music.

Oh well... I`m feeling I`ll be soon back into some new IEMs again (not that I have bad ones atm) -.-
Dammit! -.-
Thank you! Glad it made sense to someone.

Jun 8, 2018 at 2:02 PM Post #11,301 of 31,846
Mt review on Shozy Hibiki is live now!

I invite you to read more about thius great little IEM with a forward midrange and with a good price! :)

https://audiophile-heaven.blogspot.com/2018/06/shozy-hibiki-sweet-and-tasty.html

Audiophile-Heaven-Shozy-Hibiki-Review-03.jpg

Audiophile-Heaven-Shozy-Hibiki-Review-04.jpg

Audiophile-Heaven-Shozy-Hibiki-Review-07.jpg

Audiophile-Heaven-Shozy-Hibiki-Review-13.jpg

Audiophile-Heaven-Shozy-Hibiki-Review-11.jpg

Audiophile-Heaven-Shozy-Hibiki-Review-15.jpg

Audiophile-Heaven-Shozy-Hibiki-Review-24.jpg

Jun 8, 2018 at 2:17 PM Post #11,303 of 31,846
Hey anything chi-fi headphones with a short cable and extender in a 3.5mm headphone?

Like this: https://www.amazon.ca/Sony-MDR-EX71SL-Fontopia-Headphones-Black/dp/B000092YQW

You can buy 3.5mm plugs on Aliexpress and eBay, and shorten any IEM to any length you want.

You can also buy those short little pigtails on Aliexpress and eBay as well (you can even get digital pigtails, like for Lightning, micro usb, and USB type C). I have a number of them I acquired through the years.

Jun 8, 2018 at 3:40 PM Post #11,304 of 31,846
After a two month hiatus of not ordering anymore Chi-fi, I finally decided that it was time to buy yet another pair to add to my chi-fi collection.

I had the I-INTO i8 in mind, and with it being only $20 on Ali I decided to buy it. Well, it really wasn't really a decision as I bought it on the whim :sweat_smile:

Can't wait to get it though!

NEW-I-INTO-i8-Dynamic-Earphone-6-Unit-Drive-HIFI-Bass-Subwoofer-3-5mm-In-Ear.jpg_640x640.jpg

Jun 8, 2018 at 4:03 PM Post #11,305 of 31,846
After a two month hiatus of not ordering anymore Chi-fi, I finally decided that it was time to buy yet another pair to add to my chi-fi collection.

I had the I-INTO i8 in mind, and with it being only $20 on Ali I decided to buy it. Well, it really wasn't really a decision as I bought it on the whim :sweat_smile:

NEW-I-INTO-i8-Dynamic-Earphone-6-Unit-Drive-HIFI-Bass-Subwoofer-3-5mm-In-Ear.jpg_640x640.jpg

Be sure to let us know your impressions!

I have been eyeing it for a while, but I have too many IEMs as it is. I don't need/want another side grade (and definitely don't need it if it has a finicky fit or some other oddball characteristic).

Some of the reviews have implied it's a basshead monster, which is why it's enticing to me (plus I have a warm spot in my heart for multi-dynamic IEMs).

I have 2 other versions of the dual 6mm micro drivers like used in this IEM, and I am underwhelmed by both (ie VJJB V1 and similar designs). I'm hoping the addition of the large 10mm driver in the i-into i8 ties it all together into a cohesive package. However, without a crossover or other method of careful tuning, it risks just being a muddy, bleedy mess.

I know it's 'only $20', but you can get a some really good IEMs in that price range (the competition is getting bonkers LOL).

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2018 at 4:24 PM Post #11,306 of 31,846

seems like a bad fit to me

Jun 8, 2018 at 4:31 PM Post #11,307 of 31,846
You can buy 3.5mm plugs on Aliexpress and eBay, and shorten any IEM to any length you want.

You can also buy those short little pigtails on Aliexpress and eBay as well (you can even get digital pigtails, like for Lightning, micro usb, and USB type C). I have a number of them I acquired through the years.

I assume that would require cutting of cables and soldering?

I'm just trying to track down some smaller cabled IEMs as i order the xiaomi wireless Bluetooth receiver and it'd be nice to use it with a smaller IEM cable.

Jun 8, 2018 at 4:36 PM Post #11,308 of 31,846
Jun 8, 2018 at 4:37 PM Post #11,309 of 31,846
So let's do a little saturday question. :D

What is your guilty pleasure IEM?
An IEM you keep on coming back to, even though it's technically or pricewise not the best or most impressive IEM you have? You know it's not the greatest, but you keep on coming back to it once in a while.

For me, it's the KZ ATE. It was my first and only chi-fi from the beginning of 2017 to mid 2017, and I loved every damn song I played on them. Their bassy, nightlike sound, with warm notes just as loud as the vocals: everything sounded great on them. Now I know the mids and highs can be much better and natural, and there's such a thing as great instrument placement and soundstage. I didn't back then - but I still enjoy the ATE when I pick it up again.

And yours? :)

Lol I cannot emphasize enough the amount of times I've kept coming back to the KZ ED9 which only costs $10. When my ED9 broke back in December, it was like the end of the world for me. As much as I loved my ATE-S and Swing IE800 at the time, it just couldn't serve as a viable replacement for my ED9. Now I own a second pair of them, and might even consider buying a third pair just in case haha.

Fast forward to today and I still occasionally switch back to my ED9 despite knowing that I already own some incredibly good and more expensive buds like the Tin Audio T515 and the TRN V20. Something about the sound of the ED9 just really does it for me, and while it's not perfect, it has become such a familiar sound to me that I can put my entire faith in it knowing that it won't disappoint. It's like that one restaurant you keep going back to, not because it's so damn good, but because it's so damn reliable and also so damn cheap; you know you're getting the same quality every time you order.

That is not to say that the ED9 has a mediocre sound, it's the opposite actually, kind of like that one dish that you keep ordering from that cheap restaurant because it somehow destroys the exact same dish at more expensive restaurants.

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2018 at 5:12 PM Post #11,310 of 31,846
I assume that would require cutting of cables and soldering?

I'm just trying to track down some smaller cabled IEMs as i order the xiaomi wireless Bluetooth receiver and it'd be nice to use it with a smaller IEM cable.

Yes, soldering 3 wires. A 10 minute job. You can buy quality 3.5mm plugs for $1 or less. And a very basic soldering iron for $5.

If you don't have the tools or knowledge, there are plenty of members that would do it for you (as well as any local electronics repair shop, phone repair shop, etc). It's a really good skill for an audiophile to have though, as you can repair your headphones or IEMs that have a bad cable instead of throwing them away.

The advantage is that you won't be stuck with an IEM that may sound like arse, You can use your favorite IEM, or one you don't use much, or one that us sweatproof for working out, or buy the best sounding one for your budget, etc. Basically you aren't at the mercy of trying to find one ready-made with a short cable.

And now that I think about it, you're onto a really good idea. I just received a 2nd Xiaomi adapter today (it's charging now). Instead of clipping it to my shorts and running the long cable inside of my shirt and coiling the excess in my pocket (like I've been doing), I can just shorten a dedicated IEM to like 10-12", and clip the Xiaomi right to my shirt collar!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back