CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Jun 7, 2018 at 5:01 PM Post #11,283 of 31,846
Just referring to the texture of the mids. You can hear the resonance of the wooden instrument. You don't always hear this because it gets covered up by other instruments or by excessive high frequency info. Listen to a solo acoustic guitar on a nice recording and it often has this texture added by the wood in addition to the brighter string sounds. This is all my interpretation of of it, not sure if anyone else uses this analogy so take it with a grain of salt.
Very nice explanation and this is one of the MUST HAVE qualities of IEMs to me, along with airy soundstage that "eats-up" reverbs and delays naturally without "cutting" them too much. Though, I must say that my personal hearing is quite sensitive to low-mids&mid-bass and I`m struggling to find IEM that has perfect spot at this. ZS5v1 has spot-on amazing large soundstage, airiness, delays&reverbs but lack little in low-mids... then I have IT01 which has kinda near-perfect low-mids and mid-bass for me but bass quantity feels sometimes too much and soundstage width tad narrow sometimes (but renders great, just wish it was more spread-out into width), depending on music.

Oh well... I`m feeling I`ll be soon back into some new IEMs again (not that I have bad ones atm) -.-
Dammit! -.-

Jun 7, 2018 at 6:24 PM Post #11,284 of 31,846
Last week I bought a pair of Qian69 buds and a pair of GGMM C700 iems. The buds came first, sound decent but no better than my MX365 which I haven't used for a long time. Treble is boosted but a little flat. Don't like them much. Buds in my experience often give this artificial soundstage that doesn't have much depth, or contrast between near and far. I'll need to experience something far better than Qian69 to get into the buds crave.

GGMM C700 was on Amazon's lightning sale for under $7. Single 9.2mm dynamic driver. Very small size, narrow bore, and comes with the best tips. Took them out the box, plugged into ears, and they just worked. Extremely comfy, just like the E2000. Sound wise, they're phenomenal. Clarity, bass, soundstage, depth, separation... can't believe all these could be packed so well in a single dynamic driver. After getting a few duds, and a phenomenal multi-driver, I thought I've heard all chi-fi could provide. Well, looks like I'll continue my exploration :)
Wow, such a praise for those. What is your go to IEM? Your favorite one?

Jun 7, 2018 at 6:53 PM Post #11,285 of 31,846
Wow, such a praise for those. What is your go to IEM? Your favorite one?
My favorite at the moment (besides this little angel) can't be named :) I need to update my profile with the ones I got - IT01, final heaven V, E2000, Timmkoo C630, Uiisii CM5 and E6, I-INTO I8, Ailihen X7 which is same has WRZ X7, I-AXSEE SD-08, and KZ EDR1.
Among the cheap ones, EDR1 sounds open and attractive enough, but can get thick/busy for certain tracks. E6 is very bassy, clarity is fine to me, as I mostly enjoy its spaciousness and bass, but could be veiled/muddy to people whose baseline for clarity is the timkoo C630 :) Which I like for most tracks except very loud and harsh ones. CM5's mid and bass are great, but treble isn't nice - thin and shouty at times. They're all good, but none is really head and shoulder above the others. This C700 and my other favorite very obviously stand out is both comfort and sound quality. No tricky fit, no tips rolling required. Clarity and balance is their game.
I'm listening to World of Warcraft theme by Play Orchestra on the C700 now, and the opening cymbals are great. Soundstage is amazing. I'll buy a few more even at their normal $13 price. And people really need to stop coughing at concert LOL.

Last edited:
Jun 7, 2018 at 7:35 PM Post #11,286 of 31,846
My favorite at the moment (besides this little angel) can't be named :) I need to update my profile with the ones I got - IT01, final heaven V, E2000, Timmkoo C630, Uiisii CM5 and E6, I-INTO I8, Ailihen X7 which is same has WRZ X7, I-AXSEE SD-08, and KZ EDR1.
Among the cheap ones, EDR1 sounds open and attractive enough, but can get thick/busy for certain tracks. E6 is very bassy, clarity is fine to me, as I mostly enjoy its spaciousness and bass, but could be veiled/muddy to people whose baseline for clarity is the timkoo C630 :) Which I like for most tracks except very loud and harsh ones. CM5's mid and bass are great, but treble isn't nice - thin and shouty at times. They're all good, but none is really head and shoulder above the others. This C700 and my other favorite very obviously stand out is both comfort and sound quality. No tricky fit, no tips rolling required. Clarity and balance is their game.
I'm listening to World of Warcraft theme by Play Orchestra on the C700 now, and the opening cymbals are great. Soundstage is amazing. I'll buy a few more even at their normal $13 price. And people really need to stop coughing at concert LOL.
Soundstage is SO important to me... you know what? I think I’ll order them to test them.

Jun 7, 2018 at 7:42 PM Post #11,287 of 31,846

@GrassFed C700 which iem is that exactly? and your other favorite iem?

Last edited:
Jun 7, 2018 at 7:59 PM Post #11,289 of 31,846
Last edited:
Jun 7, 2018 at 8:18 PM Post #11,291 of 31,846

Maybe I missed something. C700?

Jun 7, 2018 at 8:48 PM Post #11,293 of 31,846
I checked higher Models of ggmm .. Ggmm c800 it says at description it has freq graph sound quality from a 300 dollar headphone.. With high driver unit.. For 20 Bucks .. Dont know if its real deal..

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2018 at 7:24 AM Post #11,295 of 31,846
For anyone who has the Hisenior B5+, how would you compare them to the Tin T2? They look really interesting and they’re just inside my budget.
Tin Audio T2 is a great iem, very neutral and accurate, Hisenior B5+ has a fuller sound with more bass. I like them both very much

Users who are viewing this thread

Back