CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Jul 27, 2018 at 10:04 AM Post #12,151 of 31,848
I just got my Zhiyin Z5000, totally loving it! Great Bass with decent vocals. Would prefer more details but for its price, its great!

However, I dont like to wear it over my ear. Wearing it straight is a bit uncomfortable, I am unable to wear it deep. Perhaps someone can recommend me a longer ear tip?
Have you tried foam tips? With the cheap ali foamies they fit very well when I wore them down

You can mess around with eq and turn up the upper frequencies (or tune down the lower end) which helps open up the sound, and can help dig out a little more detail.

Jul 27, 2018 at 10:10 AM Post #12,152 of 31,848
I just got my Zhiyin Z5000, totally loving it! Great Bass with decent vocals. Would prefer more details but for its price, its great!

However, I dont like to wear it over my ear. Wearing it straight is a bit uncomfortable, I am unable to wear it deep. Perhaps someone can recommend me a longer ear tip?

For silicone, double or triple flange would be what I would try. They are 2-3xs longer than most “normal” tips.

Or foam tips as TLDRonin recommended above.

Last edited:
Jul 27, 2018 at 10:22 AM Post #12,153 of 31,848
Hmm... Rather unfortunate that the production of Havi B3 seems to have been discontinued. You intrigued me with the supposed ATE upstaging by the B3. Call me a nimrod but to my ears the KZ-ATE is a sonorous wonder--and only sounds better and more full the louder the volume is turned. Given this opinion and hence sound signature preference, the notion that the Havi B3 could be somehow even better makes mundo mouth water.

I have the Senzer H1 and Superlux HD381, and while they serve a purpose, they do not blow me away in the manner the KZ-ATE does. Maybe--just maybe--somewhere out there an earphone can breathe new life into the music I love in the way that ATE does and continues to do...

I have to refer back to my statement of we all hear it/them differently:wink: I'm a KZ fan from way back and true what they offer for your buying dollar is phenomenal for almost all their iem's but the Havi B3 Pro is a true musical instrument in itself to me (with that said and your volume statement I'd be willing to bet the B3 would not have enough bass for you):thinking: However they do sound better the more juice you put to them as well, that more volume statement reminds me of my home rig in 1986, pair of NAD PE (Power Envelope) 2200's driving a pair of JBL 4311B Control Room monitors. The more you cranked those babies up the better they sounded:thumbsup:

Jul 27, 2018 at 11:27 AM Post #12,154 of 31,848
Thanks guys I dont really like foam tips.. I would prefer Silicon.. Im using OnePlus 6 now + SpinFit now by the way.

Is there any particular brand of double or triple flange silicone to recommend?

Would hope more details to open up once

For silicone, double or triple flange would be what I would try. They are 2-3xs longer than most “normal” tips.

Or foam tips as TLDRonin recommended above.

Have you tried foam tips? With the cheap ali foamies they fit very well when I wore them down

You can mess around with eq and turn up the upper frequencies (or tune down the lower end) which helps open up the sound, and can help dig out a little more detail.

Jul 27, 2018 at 12:40 PM Post #12,155 of 31,848
Thanks guys I dont really like foam tips.. I would prefer Silicon.. Im using OnePlus 6 now + SpinFit now by the way.

Is there any particular brand of double or triple flange silicone to recommend?

Would hope more details to open up once

I’ve tried a few different ones from Aliexpress. They all seem fairly similar to one another. I’ve found there is much less design/size variability in double/triple flange tips than there is with single flange silicone tips.

Jul 27, 2018 at 6:12 PM Post #12,156 of 31,848
Hey T2 owners - something I’ve noticed more and more with my Tin Audio T2. They do not respond well to deep insertion, regardless of what tip I use. I get best and most consistent results with a shallow insertion.

I have very few IEMs like this.

Has any other T2 owners noticed this?

I do notice, they are defnitely for quiet enviroments

Jul 27, 2018 at 6:18 PM Post #12,157 of 31,848
I’m currently rediscovering my Fidue A65. I finally got them back after my dad stole them for over 3 months, and man, they sound even better than what I remembered. Though, that could be because of the new sources I’ve acquired since then.

I’m currently using them with my Shanling M0 and they sound infinitely better than they did through my old iPhone 6s. The 6s made them sound grainy in the upper-mids/lower-treble, as well as adding too much warmth to the lower-mids. Cymbal crashes used to sound splashy and uncontrolled, but now they sound lively yet controlled through my M0. Vocals are an excellent treat; forward, full, but not strident in any way. Ideal White by Mashiro Ayano doesn’t sound extremely harsh like it did through my 6s. I also found myself to really enjoy the bass more this time around. There’s a nice sub-bass rumble and plenty of mid-bass impact, all while not intruding on the midrange. This is my favorite type of bass.

I feel bad for neglecting the A65 for months, but now I’m really enjoying them. Although, the copper is wearing off a tiny bit. I’m tempted to sell these and get the silver variant :wink:

Hey man, can you give me a small comparision beetwen the re-400 and urbanfun ? i am loving my re-400 more and more each day. The urbanfun do justice to them ? In the case of they being similar, they will get a place in my wishlist.

Jul 27, 2018 at 6:44 PM Post #12,158 of 31,848
Hey man, can you give me a small comparision beetwen the re-400 and urbanfun ? i am loving my re-400 more and more each day. The urbanfun do justice to them ? In the case of they being similar, they will get a place in my wishlist.
It depends on which version of the Urbanfun you want me to compare. The beryllium and hybrid both sound different.

Jul 27, 2018 at 6:51 PM Post #12,159 of 31,848
Jul 27, 2018 at 7:24 PM Post #12,161 of 31,848
Anybody have any early impressions of the Geek Wold GK3? At $20 it's very tempting to take the plunge on some new chi-fi just released this month.

I found this:

https://audio123blog.wordpress.com/2018/07/19/geek-wold-gk3/

"The GK3 is a bass oriented iem that is capable of producing a strong bass reproduction which ensures an impactful performance. The midrange is laid-back and there is decent treble extension. Moreover, it has a nice design. The Geek Wold GK3 does not disappoint at its price point by delivering a punchy and engaging sound."

Last edited:
Jul 27, 2018 at 7:31 PM Post #12,162 of 31,848
Anybody have any early impressions of the Geek Wold GK3? At $20 it's very tempting to take the plunge on some new chi-fi just released this month.

Based on our last discussion the GK3 is your Huckleberry @fitterhappier :wink:

@Slater I'm with you on the T2 shallow insertion but they do sound good like that but you know shallow insertion requires an even closer tolerance on the tip:thinking:

Jul 27, 2018 at 7:43 PM Post #12,163 of 31,848

I snagged for myself after audio123's awesome review. I'll try to post some impressions when they arrive Tuesday-ish.

Jul 27, 2018 at 10:18 PM Post #12,164 of 31,848
Hi guys, I have a TY HI-Z earphone as well as a KZ ZSR iem. Thinking of getting a usb dac/amp. What are recommended around the 35usd+/- price range? I'm looking for the best bang for buck dac/amp.

Sorry if this is not the right place, i will remove it if im requested to. . thanks

Jul 27, 2018 at 10:33 PM Post #12,165 of 31,848
Based on our last discussion the GK3 is your Huckleberry @fitterhappier :wink:
I couldn't resist. Will let everybody know how the GK3s sound to my ears when they come next week.

Anyway, acquiring stuff in the mail is a welcomed short-lived diversion from the existential woe. Surely this week I traded enough hours of my life for pay to deserve a material salve encased in Chinese plastic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back