CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Jul 28, 2018 at 2:12 AM Post #12,166 of 31,848
Hi guys, I have a TY HI-Z earphone as well as a KZ ZSR iem. Thinking of getting a usb dac/amp. What are recommended around the 35usd+/- price range? I'm looking for the best bang for buck dac/amp.

Sorry if this is not the right place, i will remove it if im requested to. . thanks

you could try asking in the components/amps section, might need to open a new thread.

for around 35 bux, maybe the Zishan Z1/Z2? there's also this for around $44:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/SE4-Comput...endent-ES9028-Decode-DSD-Support/132638260616

from the impressions given, its quite good.

Jul 28, 2018 at 2:21 AM Post #12,167 of 31,848
Hi guys, I have a TY HI-Z earphone as well as a KZ ZSR iem. Thinking of getting a usb dac/amp. What are recommended around the 35usd+/- price range? I'm looking for the best bang for buck dac/amp.

Sorry if this is not the right place, i will remove it if im requested to. . thanks
At this price range the Zishan Z1 comes to mind. Does not have enough juice to amp up high impedence cans but good enough for ur earphones (i assume its the TY Hi-Z 32ohms L plug), drives my Yinman 150 really well and the K's 300 well enough. I dont have the Z2 but reviews seem better than the Z1, but at a higher cost.

Like @Zerohour88 mentioned above, was typing halfway xD

Last edited:
Jul 28, 2018 at 2:26 AM Post #12,168 of 31,848
you could try asking in the components/amps section, might need to open a new thread.

for around 35 bux, maybe the Zishan Z1/Z2? there's also this for around $44:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/SE4-Comput...endent-ES9028-Decode-DSD-Support/132638260616

from the impressions given, its quite good.

At this price range the Zishan Z1 comes to mind. Does not have enough juice to amp up high impedence cans but good enough for ur earphones (i assume its the TY Hi-Z 32ohms L plug), drives my Yinman 150 really well and the K's 300 well enough. I dont have the Z2 but reviews seem better than the Z1, but at a higher cost.

Like @Zerohour88 mentioned above, was typing halfway xD

Thanks for replying, yes I do have Zishan Z2 and walnut v2s in mind, however, im slightly concerned as i see people mention that these two have high output impedence which might not play well with the low impedence earphone/earbud that i have.
And yes, it is the 32ohm ones.

Jul 28, 2018 at 5:48 AM Post #12,169 of 31,848
Thanks for replying, yes I do have Zishan Z2 and walnut v2s in mind, however, im slightly concerned as i see people mention that these two have high output impedence which might not play well with the low impedence earphone/earbud that i have.
And yes, it is the 32ohm ones.
I have both the Zishan Z1 and Walnut V2 and i can say they drive all my earphones pretty well and they havent damaged any of the ones i have gotten from AE xD The only exception is the KZ ZST on Walnut which doesnt sound good (remb someone saying hybrids are very sensitive to source which i am not entirely sure)

Jul 28, 2018 at 6:12 AM Post #12,170 of 31,848
I have both the Zishan Z1 and Walnut V2 and i can say they drive all my earphones pretty well and they havent damaged any of the ones i have gotten from AE xD The only exception is the KZ ZST on Walnut which doesnt sound good (remb someone saying hybrids are very sensitive to source which i am not entirely sure)
I dont think they can damage the earphone unless you play them at extreme volume.
When i say they don't play well, i meant that there will be roll off at the high frequency and low frequency.

Jul 28, 2018 at 1:22 PM Post #12,171 of 31,848
I know some of the following might not be Chinese, but I don't know where else to post this, as they are all sub £100
So, I want to buy a new pair of earphones because my Whizzer A15 broke down
I loved them to death but they died on me, I liked them even more than my KZ ZS10's! The best sounding earphones I've ever heard.
So, I am looking for something long lasting and with similar sound stage to the A15
Something with enough bass without being for bass heads
I want something that has a little bit of everything.
After reading reviews and comments on threads I am between 5 different earphones,
1) Dunu titan 5
2) Mee P2
3) Oriveti Basic
4) Shure SE215(I am not so sure about the build quality of those)
5) pioneer SE-CH9T
So my question is, does anyone have any experience with Whizzer A15 and one or more of the earphones I am thinking of getting? Which one lasted longer? Audio quality? Which one is worth the money the most?
I am tired of buying earphones that last less then 3 months...

Last edited:
Jul 28, 2018 at 2:22 PM Post #12,172 of 31,848
I dont think they can damage the earphone unless you play them at extreme volume.
When i say they don't play well, i meant that there will be roll off at the high frequency and low frequency.
I cant advise u on this. But from my untrained ears and listening from the Walnut and Zishan, the earphones sound pretty good to me.

I dont follow who owns the Zishan and Walnut but perhaps u can check out the Obscure Chinese DAP thread for advice. Or the Walnut V2 thread (think its still alive) but the Zishan Z1 thread was locked for some reason, havent followed closely after i have bought them.

Jul 28, 2018 at 9:26 PM Post #12,173 of 31,848
Rocking my e-mi ci880 and loving it. I forgot about them and i am surprised again. They are just with a small hifiman filter on the nozzle.

So much air and microdetails, forward voices and a fast and clean bass. It remains a great value!

Jul 28, 2018 at 10:04 PM Post #12,174 of 31,848
Rocking my e-mi ci880 and loving it. I forgot about them and i am surprised again. They are just with a small hifiman filter on the nozzle.

So much air and microdetails, forward voices and a fast and clean bass. It remains a great value!

Did yours come stock with a similar nozzle filter?

For a long time, the CI-880 came with a black fabric filter that was applied on top of the stainless filter. Then I heard from a few people that Estron stopped adding the black fabric filter (and just had the stainless filter).

So I am curious if by adding the Hifiman filter you basically put it back similar to how it used to be stock, or if yours already HAD a black filter you added an ADDITIONAL filter on top of the existing one.

If that doesn’t make sense, I can post photos to show what I’m talking about.

Jul 28, 2018 at 10:18 PM Post #12,175 of 31,848
Did yours come stock with a similar nozzle filter?

For a long time, the CI-880 came with a black fabric filter that was applied on top of the stainless filter. Then I heard from a few people that Estron stopped adding the black fabric filter (and just had the stainless filter).

So I am curious if by adding the Hifiman filter you basically put it back similar to how it used to be stock, or if yours already HAD a black filter you added an ADDITIONAL filter on top of the existing one.

If that doesn’t make sense, I can post photos to show what I’m talking about.

This is a controversial point. In my mind the black fabric filter was some kind of protector as it blocks too much the sound, it's not a filter for me. Igor eisberg dissagre and uses with the supposed filter

I took it of in the first day after a a/b with the einsear t2 and found the sound on emi muffled, congested and without the alleged micro details. So i took it of and the sound changed completely to what people usually describe, with plenty of air and sparkle. By that time i talked to some people and they also use the emi without this stock filter.

But they become a little too energetic In the highs, wich is the natural response of these iems according to what i read at that time. So i put the hifiman filter that came with my re-400 to tame a little. But really ? I think its just a little of a difference. Not even close to the stock filter.

This iems imo shines without the black protector. It would makes sense if estron stop from sending them. Because if people would using them with them on, it seems to me like missing the point.

Jul 28, 2018 at 10:51 PM Post #12,176 of 31,848
This is a controversial point. In my mind the black fabric filter was some kind of protector as it blocks too much the sound, it's not a filter for me. Igor eisberg dissagre and uses with the supposed filter

I took it of in the first day after a a/b with the einsear t2 and found the sound on emi muffled, congested and without the alleged micro details. So i took it of and the sound changed completely to what people usually describe, with plenty of air and sparkle. By that time i talked to some people and they also use the emi without this stock filter.

But they become a little too energetic In the highs, wich is the natural response of these iems according to what i read at that time. So i put the hifiman filter that came with my re-400 to tame a little. But really ? I think its just a little of a difference. Not even close to the stock filter.

This iems imo shines without the black protector. It would makes sense if estron stop from sending them. Because if people would using them with them on, it seems to me like missing the point.

Ah, OK makes sense. Thanks for explaining the difference between both filters.

I too run without the black filter on the CI-880. It sounds much better without it!

Also, @loomisjohnson has mentioned it numerous times. He pointed out that the stock filter gets clogged with dirt and other junk, killing that sweet CI-880 sound even further.

Jul 29, 2018 at 3:38 AM Post #12,177 of 31,848
Jul 29, 2018 at 4:23 PM Post #12,180 of 31,848

Users who are viewing this thread

Back