Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Nov 30, 2018 at 1:56 AM Post #20,266 of 33,689
EZAUDIO D4 after basshole surgery!

Procedure: taped over the front vents, then poked a small needle hole in each, checking with measurements until the channels had a good match at a good level (confirmed with listening).

Here a comparison of FR curves of the fixed D4's bassholes against my modded Blitzwolf's ES1.

And here the D4's impedance.

@Wiljen noted the D4s were quite hard to drive (like the BWs) actually) and we wondered if the impedance or sensitivity specs were incorrect. The measured the impedance is 32 Ohms as stated, so it'll be the sensitivity.

Otto, the frequency graph comparing the EZAUDIO D4's with your modded Blitzwolf's ES1 is very interesting. My first reaction to the D4 was: "I like it, It sounds very much like my modded Blitzwolf's ES1" Now I know why.

Nov 30, 2018 at 1:57 AM Post #20,267 of 33,689
How is the hiss?

I just tried the most sensitive IEMs I have on hand — a loaner Campfire Orion — and there’s basically no audible hiss with full volume and no playback, while active and connected. BUT - Once I play a song, press pause, there is a slight audible white noise — less than or equal to what ANC headphones produce, before it goes away in about five seconds. Was wondering if that was a Spotify thing, but same thing occurs in Poweramp. This could be annoying for Andromedas or other sensitive IEMs while playing songs with quiet spots. It’s similar to ANC white noise.

I never noticed this with the ME1 or ZSN using the 2-pin one I have. But those are not as sensitive as the Orion, not even close.

Nov 30, 2018 at 2:16 AM Post #20,268 of 33,689
First travel to my job.
No bad feel for comfort but I always feel them, I didn't forget that I have a big things behind my ears. ( I have glasses )

Absolutely no lost connection Between the 2 earphones. I didn't see battery life but yeah, minimum 3/4h

A very great product! I take one case for tidy earphones. For me trn Should have planned a case.

It's AAC to on my mi max 3 with deezer and mp3 320. It's very difficult to hear a compression. I think there is a little smoothing to clean compression.

A really great surprise for me because I can say " ok for Bluetooth the quality is Acceptable for me"

Nov 30, 2018 at 2:26 AM Post #20,269 of 33,689
TRN BT20 --

No instructions in the box!

Saw the instructions posted here, thanks to @maxxevv:
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/kno...essions-thread.698148/page-2571#post-14622693

1: Long press button on both modules for about 5 seconds for Left/Right pairing sequence.
2. Once there, press the button on Right module 2 times quickly. The Left / Right are paired. You'll see the light on one of the module fades and turns offs. Left/Right Pairing is done.
3. Switch off the modules.
4. To pair with phone, long press for 3~5 seconds, and turn on BT module on handphone / laptop to search and pair. It will pair as per any normal BT module now.
5. If left/right pairing fails, you can reset/redo the pairing by long pressing the buttons for both modules for 15 seconds to clear the memory. And repeat from Step 1.

I just checked the tracking on my BT20 bought 11.11. It hasn’t even left China yet! It just posted today.

I am bummed. I thought I would have it in my hands this week :frowning2:

The anticipation is makin’ me late and keepin’ me waiting

Hopefully the savings is worth the wait lol.

I impulse ordered mine the 26th. I'm in the same boat as you, have a tracking number but it hasn't been sent/left the country yet.

Last edited:
Nov 30, 2018 at 7:49 AM Post #20,270 of 33,689
Maybe I need one of the out of phase cables to go with my out of phase KZ ZSN? :) In this case, two wrongs do make a right! I wonder if some of the Ali Express sellers will offer this as an option: In-phase or out-of-phase :)

That’s actually not a bad idea!

Nov 30, 2018 at 8:39 AM Post #20,271 of 33,689
While working on the upcoming review, wanted to share the first impressions on ikko OH1 IEMs (new brand name and their first product). After spending couple of days with those I would assume that ikko brand and particularly OH1 product would become popular soon. It is based on 1 x Knowles 33518 armature driver and 10mm dynamic driver with titanium diaphragm. Sounds balanced and neutral (may be with a very small tendency towards brighter side). Good extention of both - lower and higher ends. Mids are natural, neither recessed nor elevated. Instrument separation and scene width are both great. Seems that I would place it close to my favorite IEMs in terms of audio qulaity. The build and crafting are great as well. Couple of pictures:

_DSC8804.jpg _DSC8819.jpg _DSC8798.jpg_DSC8802.jpg

Last edited:
Nov 30, 2018 at 9:19 AM Post #20,272 of 33,689
I just tried the most sensitive IEMs I have on hand — a loaner Campfire Orion — and there’s basically no audible hiss with full volume and no playback, while active and connected. BUT - Once I play a song, press pause, there is a slight audible white noise — less than or equal to what ANC headphones produce, before it goes away in about five seconds. Was wondering if that was a Spotify thing, but same thing occurs in Poweramp. This could be annoying for Andromedas or other sensitive IEMs while playing songs with quiet spots. It’s similar to ANC white noise.

I never noticed this with the ME1 or ZSN using the 2-pin one I have. But those are not as sensitive as the Orion, not even close.
I believe that's the BT thing. It's transition from high-power mode to low-power mode. When the music is playing, it's using high-power mode, and it'll go back to low-power mode after few seconds after we paused the music. My KZ AptX BT cable has the same issue, and that's deal breaker for me.

Do you hear popping sound when the noise is going away?

Last edited:
Nov 30, 2018 at 9:32 AM Post #20,274 of 33,689
While working on the upcoming review, wanted to share the first impressions on ikko OH1 IEMs (new brand name and their first product). After spending couple of days with those I would assume that ikko brand and particularly OH1 product would become popular soon. It is based on 1 x Knowles 33518 armature driver and 10mm dynamic driver with titanium diaphragm. Sounds balanced and neutral (may be with a very small tendency towards brighter side). Good extention of both - lower and higher ends. Mids are natural, neither recessed nor elevated. Instrument separation and scene width are both great. Seems that I would place it close to my favorite IEMs in terms of audio qulaity. The build and crafting are great as well. Couple of pictures:

Great photos! What kind of camera and lens are you using?

Nov 30, 2018 at 9:45 AM Post #20,275 of 33,689
Great photos! What kind of camera and lens are you using?

:) Thanx. You haven't seen others... I would attach several pictures to get a clue... :)

Camera: Sony NEX-5T
Lens: Nikkor 50mm|F1.8 or Nikkor VRII 70-200mm|F2.8
Flat profile with further postproduction in Adobe Camera Raw.

_DSC8655aaaa.jpg _DSC8703.jpg _DSC7297.jpg _DSC7691.jpg _DSC7405.jpg _DSC6869.jpg _DSC7900a.jpg _DSC7739.jpg

Nov 30, 2018 at 10:13 AM Post #20,276 of 33,689
Camera: Sony NEX-5T
Lens: Nikkor 50mm|F1.8 or Nikkor VRII 70-200mm|F2.8
Flat profile with further postproduction in Adobe Camera Raw.
With a lens adapter?

I am surprised to see another NEX-5 owner (mine is 5N).

Nov 30, 2018 at 10:19 AM Post #20,277 of 33,689
With a lens adapter?

I am surprised to see another NEX-5 owner (mine is 5N).

Cheap DOLLICE NIKON (G) -> NEX manual adapter with aperture ring. I've chosen T instead of N cause the video is a bit better. Filming a lot of aerials from copters and need the best quality. Something like this:

Last edited:
Nov 30, 2018 at 11:38 AM Post #20,279 of 33,689
I believe that's the BT thing. It's transition from high-power mode to low-power mode. When the music is playing, it's using high-power mode, and it'll go back to low-power mode after few seconds after we paused the music. My KZ AptX BT cable has the same issue, and that's deal breaker for me.

Do you hear popping sound when the noise is going away?

No popping.

Nov 30, 2018 at 1:37 PM Post #20,280 of 33,689
Another quick update on the TRN BT20 - No hiss with UM ME1. faint hiss with the KZ ZSN

Users who are viewing this thread

Back