Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (On or Over Ear Headphones)
Mar 1, 2017 at 12:48 AM Post #736 of 7,153

is the small cable straight one or coiled?

i want to ask him similar stuff.

always the coiled cables bring along higher impedance and this changes the sound. I would prefer to have to have both of them.

you can also user and aftermarket cable.

also i want an input on the sound considering the different plugs.

does the sound alter if you use the 6.3 plug instead of the 3.5 plug?

http://www.head-fi.org/t/510755/is-the-sound-quality-of-6-3-mm-better-than-using-the-headphone-with-a-3-5-mm-adapter#post_6903656

ok the plug does not make any difference in sound at all

any news on this?

The yenona seller shipped me the adapter cable a week later since the 3.5mm connection was loose. Good seller. For 37$ with extra pads as you mentioned Is good. The headphones has a big soundstage and are fun, just be realistic about the build quality.

Mar 1, 2017 at 7:43 AM Post #737 of 7,153
I gifted my Yenona to my buddy but I used a custom cable which helped tighten the bass a bit. I asked the seller on Amazon if I could get spare pads a few months ago and he said they aren't available. I guess they are now. Might try and get a pair.

the seller on aliexpress told me that i can buy a spare pair of pads for 12 bucks not on amazon

The yenona seller shipped me the adapter cable a week later since the 3.5mm connection was loose. Good seller. For 37$ with extra pads as you mentioned Is good. The headphones has a big soundstage and are fun, just be realistic about the build quality.

sorry i misunderstand

the spare of pads will cost me 12 bucks. he can also ship them another day but i will have to pay extra 3 bucks for shipping.

i can get an after market cable 3.5 male to 3.5 male. the new version has fixed the issue with the 3.5'' plug so no problem there

i know for a fact that coiled cables increase impedance and change the sound a bit. also 6.3 and 3.5 jacks do not make any difference so the headphone should actually sound the same in either jacks.

therefore including spare pads would be $37 ($39-$2 coupon) for headphone + $12 extra pads + $10 for the aftermarket cable = $59

versus

Lypro HAS-30 -> $39 (amazon wholesales, used very good) where you get two cables so no need for extra one and lets say $12 for extra pads = $51 or $62 for a new headphone+extra pads

the only problem with the lyxpro are the proprietary cables.

with aliexpress there is a problem because without paypal i have to pay the return shipping costs in order to get refund if its defective and costs are more than half the value of the phones themselves.

On the other hand with amazon i get 30 days if it is defective and i will be refunded the shipping costs

what would you suggest i should do?

Mar 1, 2017 at 11:41 AM Post #738 of 7,153
Me personally, I kept the LyxPro over the Yenona. The had a better fit as far as clamp Force goes, a tad together so they held on my head better. Yes, proprietary cable but it's a good cable. Lyx also looks to be more solidly built and less gimmicky looking than the Yenona. I did love the Yenona sound but found the Lyx a bit more natural. I got some Hybrid Brainwavz HM5 pads on mine and couldn't be happier.

They do sell the Yenona on Amazon BTW, that's where I got mine. Price is $60, I did get a discount though when messaging him, it wasn't as cheap as AE but to compensate I got the Prime delivery

Mar 1, 2017 at 3:44 PM Post #743 of 7,153
Mar 1, 2017 at 4:34 PM Post #744 of 7,153

Yeah, that sure looks like the Yenona.

The orange & black headphones up above were briefly discussed in this thread weeks ago. If memory serves, they're very inexpensive & have big earpads, coming in black on black, white on white, and orange on black. Can't remember the name, though. It was some outlier on Aliexpress that no one had heard of, I believe.

Mar 1, 2017 at 4:42 PM Post #745 of 7,153

it is the new version which have fixed the 3.5'' loose connector , metal slider and different exterior design

Don't know how old this video is. But these Yenona's look exactly like the black ones I tried to buy--twice--when I first got them. My first pair from ebay was defective...returned it & got credit. Then I bought a 2nd pair from Amazon. Both times the product images showed this black model, but I got the maroon-accented model (it has maroon branding on outside of each earcup and along top of headband--and no white piping thread around the outside edge of pads).

I concluded that for whatever reason, people in the U.S. can't buy the black model? Impossible to know, really.

Other than color, these look exactly the same as mine (~5-6 months old).

Mar 1, 2017 at 4:45 PM Post #746 of 7,153
  someone said that the lyxpro are a bit heavy on his head. can you tell me the actual weight?

moreover with a source such as a smartphone which one is easier to drive?

Don't have a way to weigh my Marantz MPH-2's (had the nearly identical LyxPro's). Compared to the Yenona's, these ISK MDH9000 rebrands are a little heavier. But compared to a genuinely heavy HP like the ZMF Ori, the ISK rebrands feel distinctly lighter. I'd guess their weight at 375-400 grams.

In my experience, when you have these on your head, the last thing you'll be thinking about is their weight...

Mar 1, 2017 at 6:52 PM Post #747 of 7,153

Don't know how old this video is. But these Yenona's look exactly like the black ones I tried to buy--twice--when I first got them.

I concluded that for whatever reason, people in the U.S. can't buy the black model? Impossible to know, really.

Other than color, these look exactly the same as mine (~5-6 months old).

the model on the video is the first version. date of video is 23 February 2016

now the seller on amazon sells the new version.

i think that maybe there were three versions.

first the one on the video, second the one you got and third the new version.

first version

second version

third version

Mar 1, 2017 at 7:56 PM Post #748 of 7,153
Got my ISK HP2011! Gotta give them a little burning in before commenting on it :D

Mar 1, 2017 at 7:58 PM Post #749 of 7,153

Don't have a way to weigh my Marantz MPH-2's (had the nearly identical LyxPro's). Compared to the Yenona's, these ISK MDH9000 rebrands are a little heavier. But compared to a genuinely heavy HP like the ZMF Ori, the ISK rebrands feel distinctly lighter. I'd guess their weight at 375-400 grams.

In my experience, when you have these on your head, the last thing you'll be thinking about is their weight...

i asked about the weight if you do a lot of hours listening to music, maybe there is head fatigue
tongue.gif

apart from you that said the sound changed unexpectedly, has anyone else noticed sibilance with the YENONA ?

it is important to know. Its one thing of the phone not being very balanced as the lyxpro and another to be sibilant.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back