Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Nov 11, 2017 at 11:25 AM Post #13,142 of 33,689
Are you sure the store is legit?

Looks like fake store with shells off the cheap Fonge T01 with different faceplate. Someone is trying to rip off ppl imo.

Btw, I inserted my AE coins too early thinking they will count and now I`m without 8$ discount from any seller.
Do You guys think it is reasonable to skip buying TinAudio T2 for 33$ and save up for Toneking Ninetail ?
If I could use my coins again, I would buy T2 for 25$ for sure!... but oh no...

Chi Kong Hui (Penon Audio) put that link on a facebook group saying that they (Toneking) opened their official store on Ali 11.11.

Nov 11, 2017 at 11:38 AM Post #13,143 of 33,689
It's preference, the king design is safe, and if you like brighter tone it might be better for you. For example I can appreciate relaxed signatures but they bore me, I always come back to lush vocals and sweet highs over bass and recessed highs any day. That being said the TNT looks better built, nice looking cable, and the filters add a layer of customizability.
I can tell you the TNT has very lush vocals and sweet highs which are smooth but not recessed. The bass has plenty of body but is not at all exaggerated. Don't write it off before you've heard it for yourself.

Nov 11, 2017 at 11:42 AM Post #13,144 of 33,689
Nov 11, 2017 at 11:43 AM Post #13,145 of 33,689
I can tell you the TNT has very lush vocals and sweet highs which are smooth but not recessed. The bass has plenty of body but is not at all exaggerated. Don't write it off before you've heard it for yourself.

so is TNT a good buy compared to what else is being mentioned here, can u compare it to a well known iem that get mentioned on headfi from companies we know of

Nov 11, 2017 at 11:51 AM Post #13,147 of 33,689

If only AE could keep this sale till 11/24 I'd buy both and, I'm not trying to spend more right now. Based on the reviews the TFZ seem to fit my preferences, I have own, the momentums m2, b&o h6 second gen, Mrspeaker mad Dogs, ad900x, hd25 ii, NAD Viso hp50, mdr v6, mdr 1000x, Audeze sine, and in the end I prefer the ad900x and the mdr v6, the mdr v6 can be fatiguing but I still appreciate them on certain tracks, the ad900x was my favorite just bad design on headband and the pads were shallow, but the vocals were the bread and butter.

Nov 11, 2017 at 11:51 AM Post #13,148 of 33,689
so is TNT a good buy compared to what else is being mentioned here, can u compare it to a well known iem that get mentioned on headfi from companies we know of
Well like I said I'd take it over the TFZ King and the Series 4. Definitely a step above the Kinera H3. It sounds a lot like a hybrid because of its ability to create space and layers between sounds but because it's a single dynamic it's more cohesive and sounds more organic than most hybrids. Definitely my pick at the $100 mark from the ones I've heard.

Nov 11, 2017 at 12:20 PM Post #13,149 of 33,689
After much reading and help from local connoisseurs I've myself decided to take my chances with TNT as well.

I have the feeling that TinAudio T2 is more or less a sidegrade compared to my current ZS5 (which I like very much) - thanks @B9Scrambler for the quick comparison - so I struck that one off as not much of an upgrade if any.
For me the finalists were TFZ King and TNT (and to a lesser extent the Macaw GT600s).

I'm a bit concerned about fit and isolation but in the end I've chosen TNT for its versatility and for seeing how @crabdog is praising them as one of the best under 150.
I think fit wise I'll be ok as I have biggish ears.

TNT can be as low as 73 euros at NiceHCK, even lower if you have one of the AliE 8 or 5 dollar coupons (still hunting for one in the Rain game) so that's pretty nice compared to 110 euros regular price.
Good luck to you all as well.

Last edited:
Nov 11, 2017 at 12:30 PM Post #13,150 of 33,689
After much reading and help from local connoisseurs I've myself decided to take my chances with TNT as well.

I have the feeling that TinAudio T2 is more or less a sidegrade compared to my current ZS5 (which I like very much) - thanks @B9Scrambler for the quick comparison - so I struck that one off as not much of an upgrade if any.
For me the finalists were TFZ King and TNT (and to a lesser extent the Macaw GT600s).

I'm a bit concerned about fit and isolation but in the end I've chosen TNT for its versatility and for seeing how @crabdog is praising them as one of the best under 150.

TNT can be as low as 73 euros at NiceHCK, even lower if you have on of the AliE 8 or 5 dollar coupons (still hunting for one in the Rain game) so that's pretty nice comapared to 110 euros regular price.
Wow $73 is a great price! Hope you enjoy them as much as I do.

Nov 11, 2017 at 12:49 PM Post #13,151 of 33,689

TNT can be as low as 73 euros at NiceHCK, even lower if you have one of the AliE 8 or 5 dollar coupons (still hunting for one in the Rain game) so that's pretty nice compared to 110 euros regular price.
Can you send me the link?

Nov 11, 2017 at 1:05 PM Post #13,153 of 33,689
Can you send me the link?

2017 New MusicMaker KTONEKING Nine Tail In Ear Earphone Full Alloy Earphone Nine Tunes HIFI Fever Metal Headset MMCX Earphone
http://s.aliexpress.com/3EnmYbI3
(from AliExpress Android)

My math says 84 euros mobile deal - 4 euro store coupon - 7 euro select coupons. Haven't bought them yet though, hunting for a 5 dollar rain coupon still.

Nov 11, 2017 at 1:47 PM Post #13,154 of 33,689
Are these new? VEclan monk iems, Monk IE Biggy and Small.
They have single 13.5mm dynamic driver and N50 magnet. Biggy has impedance at 80 ohm and Small is 24 ohm. Both are priced at around 50 USD.
img-fd6d307cad06c77e32faba2fbfe4fc10.jpg img-466344adec25562a70032e8faf7411d3.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back