CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE
Sep 10, 2022 at 4:29 PM Post #22,561 of 25,909
Sep 10, 2022 at 5:00 PM Post #22,565 of 25,909
Sep 10, 2022 at 6:43 PM Post #22,566 of 25,909
This was just prior to the performance of Leonore Overture. A stunning performance and right up there with The Wall at Earls Court, amongst others. And what a concert hall Symphony Hall is - superb acoustics. Certainly gives you a high target to aim for at home.

C158A1C4-AC77-437D-B014-0E63749724E8.jpeg
I can only imagine the amount of detail, staging and insane level of information the DSD format would have for a live recording of this magnitude...

Thanks so much for the recommendations though!

It's always nice to keep discovering new music.

I was originally looking for female vocals but I'm open for new stuffs so yeah.

Sep 11, 2022 at 3:10 AM Post #22,567 of 25,909
For lovers of baroque and ancient music I recommend the excellent program on RTE LIRICS which is called VOX NOSTRA. Interesting selection of songs, expertly conducted by Vlad Smishkewych.

It airs from 7am to 10am Irish time every Sunday.

Sep 11, 2022 at 6:01 AM Post #22,569 of 25,909
Nice set up!

Glad to be on the subject of music. I have been listening to the recent 4-album Moon sweet by Tedeschi Trucks Band. Very nice! Check it out.
I LOVE Jordi Savall. Glad to see his Beethoven mentioned. They are amongst my favorite versions!
Any recommendations for female vocals? I'm kinda running blind to what to look for. And I'm kinda bored of Adele's songs (been at them for a long long time already), no offence to the fans...

Sep 11, 2022 at 6:31 AM Post #22,570 of 25,909
I have a question regarding the headphone mode of Dave. I know that, when connecting a headphone, the rear outputs go silent, but are they isolated through a relais or otherwise galvanically isolated when going silent? I want to know if an amp that is turned on and connected to the rear outputs would be able to alter the sound of the headphone output due to rf-noise and/or groundloops?

Sep 11, 2022 at 7:03 AM Post #22,571 of 25,909
Any recommendations for female vocals? I'm kinda running blind to what to look for. And I'm kinda bored of Adele's songs (been at them for a long long time already), no offence to the fans...

Thank's for your recommendation, I will definitely be giving the STB a listen, from a brief perusal of their back catalogue I was very impressed.

I'm never confident when giving musical recommendations, it's all so subjective, but here's three female vocalists I enjoy. Gillian Welch, mournful country and western in style, well recorded and some great guitar work, Soul Journey and Time The Revalator are both worth a listen Natalie Merchant, maybe not the best female vocalist, but she has a very distinctive voice and her albums are pretty eclectic in nature, pop, blues and country flavours are all prevalent, Tiger Lily and The House Carpenters Daughter are very different albums, but in my view would be a good place to start.

Tory Amos, a bit off the wall musically, it's hard to categorise her musical style, it's contemporary in nature, Pop?, not really, she was a child musical genius and a classically trained pianist, but as a teenager she rebelled and started to develop her own style. Their are however strong classical influences in her music. Two albums I'd recommend are Boys For Pele and Under The Pink.

Sep 11, 2022 at 7:08 AM Post #22,572 of 25,909
In no specific order, just as they appear in my QoBuz. Lorde, Anna Calvi, Yael Naim, Agnes Obel, Angel Olsen, Lykke Li and you could try some Billie Eilish if you want to get down with the kids.

Sep 11, 2022 at 7:17 AM Post #22,574 of 25,909
In no specific order, just as they appear in my QoBuz. Lorde, Anna Calvi, Yael Naim, Agnes Obel, Angel Olsen, Lykke Li and you could try some Billie Eilish if you want to get down with the kids.
Thank's for your recommendation, I will definitely be giving the STB a listen, from a brief perusal of their back catalogue I was very impressed.

I'm never confident when giving musical recommendations, it's all so subjective, but here's three female vocalists I enjoy. Gillian Welch, mournful country and western in style, well recorded and some great guitar work, Soul Journey and Time The Revalator are both worth a listen Natalie Merchant, maybe not the best female vocalist, but she has a very distinctive voice and her albums are pretty eclectic in nature, pop, blues and country flavours are all prevalent, Tiger Lily and The House Carpenters Daughter are very different albums, but in my view would be a good place to start.

Tory Amos, a bit off the wall musically, it's hard to categorise her musical style, it's contemporary in nature, Pop?, not really, she was a child musical genius and a classically trained pianist, but as a teenager she rebelled and started to develop her own style. Their are however strong classical influences in her music. Two albums I'd recommend are Boys For Pele and Under The Pink.
Thanks for the recommendations!!

I'll go check them out soon one by one.

Sep 11, 2022 at 9:10 AM Post #22,575 of 25,909
Thanks for the recommendations!!

I'll go check them out soon one by one.
I don't have a lot of female vocal but you might like Patricia Barber "Modern Cool" and there's Jessye Norman with the Strauss "Four Last Songs" to consider on the classical side.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back