Cologne-fi
Jul 9, 2023 at 8:56 PM Post #422 of 436
Been pretty much using Hermes H24 EDP nearly everyday since it was released last year. Before that it was Aventus (and various clones) Dior Eau Sauvage Parfum and Terre d'Hermes EDT.

Jul 9, 2023 at 10:44 PM Post #423 of 436
Thanks for mentioning H24, sounds interesting. Will have to get a sample.

Jul 16, 2023 at 1:24 AM Post #424 of 436
I would recommend Maison Francis Kurkdjian's Baccarat 540 Extrait (the ruby bottle). It's basically maraschino cherry concentrated with some weight behind it. The Gentle Fluidity and Ala Rose is popular as well. I havent tried Aqua Media yet, but will try it when my 540 runs out.

Aug 21, 2023 at 2:47 PM Post #425 of 436
For these hot summer days I like to wear:
Fragrance Du Bois - Santal Complet
Creed - Millésime Impérial
Acqua di Parma - Colonia Essenza
Guerlain - Vetiver
Hermès - Voyage d'Hermes (Parfum)
Geo. F. Trumper - Sandalwood Cologne

And also some niche fragrances:
Bortnikoff - Musk Khabib
Bortnikoff - Amber Cologne
Bortnikoff - Musk Cologne
Bortnikoff - Santa Sangre
Roja Dove - Enigma Pour Homme Parfum Cologne

Aug 21, 2023 at 3:08 PM Post #427 of 436
Been pretty much using Hermes H24 EDP nearly everyday since it was released last year. Before that it was Aventus (and various clones) Dior Eau Sauvage Parfum and Terre d'Hermes EDT.
Thx again for the pointer. Both the wife and I love it!🙏😎👍

Aug 25, 2023 at 11:47 PM Post #428 of 436
I'm not into vetiver lately. I have several vetiver-centered frags and I don't want to wear any of them (Mancera Vetiver Sensuel, Montale Red Vetiver, Lagerfeld Bois de Vetiver, Guerlain Vetiver, Daniel Josier Vetiver, Voyage D'Hermes). I'm just sick of the note, even though these are all fine fragrances in my estimation.

For these hot days Creed Royal Water, Allure Homme Sport Cologne or Jimmy Choo Man Ice with maybe some Rose Prick dupe on top gets me through.

Aug 26, 2023 at 12:17 AM Post #429 of 436
I'm not into vetiver lately. I have several vetiver-centered frags and I don't want to wear any of them (Mancera Vetiver Sensuel, Montale Red Vetiver, Lagerfeld Bois de Vetiver, Guerlain Vetiver, Daniel Josier Vetiver, Voyage D'Hermes). I'm just sick of the note, even though these are all fine fragrances in my estimation.

For these hot days Creed Royal Water, Allure Homme Sport Cologne or Jimmy Choo Man Ice with maybe some Rose Prick dupe on top gets me through.
Guerlain's Vetiver is great though, but no harm in keeping the Vetivers till next year, to see if you enjoy them again

Peronally not a fan of Royal Water (though I love Millésime Impérial during the hot days)

Allure Homme Sport is a classic, that is still great after all these years. Nice choice!

Aug 26, 2023 at 12:40 AM Post #430 of 436
Guerlain's Vetiver is great though, but no harm in keeping the Vetivers till next year, to see if you enjoy them again

Peronally not a fan of Royal Water (though I love Millésime Impérial during the hot days)

Allure Homme Sport is a classic, that is still great after all these years. Nice choice!

Thanks!

To be 100%, I was talking about this:
allhsc.jpg

Not this:
allhs.jpg

Though I do have both, I like Cologne a lot more for the freshness and long-lasting power. Second place goes to plain ol' Allure Homme.

Aug 26, 2023 at 1:07 AM Post #431 of 436
Thanks!

To be 100%, I was talking about this:
allhsc.jpg
Not this:
allhs.jpg

Though I do have both, I like Cologne a lot more for the freshness and long-lasting power. Second place goes to plain ol' Allure Homme.
Ah I only know the EdT version from my teen years. I havent worn that in a long time. But I always loved the 'sport' version more than the non-sport version

Allure Home Sport EDT and Jill Sander's Sun are two scents I would always be happy with, even though I now have a much bigger collection, also with niche fragrances. They really did great with those (at least on my skin. They might be different on other people)

Oct 8, 2023 at 3:28 AM Post #433 of 436
Anyone here ever wear a ladies scent? Went shopping with the Mrs. a few weeks ago and happened to see Marc Jacobs Daisy Love and it is a nice light scent, perfect summer nights kind of smell.

I'm not sure if it was exactly that one, but one of the sales people at Macy's gave me a sample (or was it just Daisy? can't recall) and it was really nice. As for wearing fragrances labeled as ladies/mens, it's all you. Of course, you have to know if you like it for yourself or you like it to smell on your gal. But if you enjoy it and it suits you, go for it. Most fragrances are marketed as unisex nowadays anyway.

Feb 7, 2024 at 11:37 PM Post #434 of 436
Been a while since I saw anything in this thread, but today I just had my first wear of a surprisingly awesome frag: 1 Million Golden Oud. Man is this good. 3 main features: syrupy sweetness, slight oudiness, and a hint of smokiness. Kinda like the deep drydown of Swiss Arabian Shagaf Oud, with a bit of smoke. I can't stop smelling this!

Anyone else find something good lately?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back