Cooking Gear-Fi
Apr 23, 2024 at 2:55 PM Post #46 of 50
I had lunch a couple hours ago, and you guys are making me hungry.

That being said, I inherited my grandmother's couple of cast iron pans, and it's been a slow, slow rabbit hole. I've acquired a few other cast iron pans, and handful of assorted pots, but my hindrance in the kitchen is stainless steel. I get burn marks I just can't get out in the pans, and it annoys me. I've tried a number of products including bar keeper's friend (powder and liquid -- the latter is great for my glass-top electric range when oil is concerned). How do you best clean your stainless steel, or do you say "to heck with the brown burn marks, they live here now?"

Apr 23, 2024 at 4:20 PM Post #47 of 50

Attachments

• miyabi.jpg
    miyabi.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 0
Apr 23, 2024 at 4:43 PM Post #48 of 50
I had lunch a couple hours ago, and you guys are making me hungry.

That being said, I inherited my grandmother's couple of cast iron pans, and it's been a slow, slow rabbit hole. I've acquired a few other cast iron pans, and handful of assorted pots, but my hindrance in the kitchen is stainless steel. I get burn marks I just can't get out in the pans, and it annoys me. I've tried a number of products including bar keeper's friend (powder and liquid -- the latter is great for my glass-top electric range when oil is concerned). How do you best clean your stainless steel, or do you say "to heck with the brown burn marks, they live here now?"

I use barkeepers friend every half dozen or so times I clean mine, main thing for me is always heating to leidenfrost first. The cooking surface of my SS fry pans look near new after 8 years of very close to daily use.

Apr 23, 2024 at 4:51 PM Post #49 of 50
I use barkeepers friend every half dozen or so times I clean mine, main thing for me is always heating to leidenfrost first. The cooking surface of my SS fry pans look near new after 8 years of very close to daily use.
I used it once and I scrubbed the hell out of it.... and still wasn't able to remove everything. It was a level of work I'm considering using attachments on a cordless drill, or looking for other cookware.

Apr 24, 2024 at 9:08 AM Post #50 of 50
I use barkeepers friend and never had an issue removing anything from the stainless. Trick is to use the powder and not a lit of water and make a paste. Use scotch Brite pads as well.

If it's burned or stuck stuff, boil with water first to loosen and deglase the pan. You can even use vinegar and baking soda.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back