Cowon PLENUE M2 (Current Firmware and Manual Links in 1st post)
Mar 25, 2019 at 3:09 PM Post #391 of 545
Hello, I have a stock M2 and I put a 200 gig sd card and the player worked, but when I put a 256 gig sd card it worked but when I turn of the player it wont turn back on with the 256 gig card. Anything that I can do ?

May 18, 2019 at 6:14 AM Post #392 of 545
I have and been using the : PM2 , PS, and PL. The PM2 really sounds great with the TH900. My question is how can I get a 400 gig card to work on it ?

May 28, 2019 at 3:25 AM Post #393 of 545
20190528_150708.jpg
20190528_150738.jpg

May 29, 2019 at 6:49 AM Post #395 of 545
May 29, 2019 at 7:18 AM Post #396 of 545
I’ve just ordered one of these, should arrive in my eager little hands in about a week. Got one (plus case) from amazon, JetAudio has them going for 299 USD, so cheap. And they’re shipping to New Zealand which I’ve never seen for JetAudio listings on amazon before.

I’ve had a range of Plenues in the past, seem to have been inadvertently doing a tour :wink: : the D, P1, M (from jmills himself), R, V and briefly P2 mk II.

I loved the sound of the V but wanted to upgrade to a larger screen player to have the better UI of the bigger Cowon players, so thought I’d just dive in deep and go for the P2 mk II in order to stop the cycle of upgrades and changes. But.... I found the P2 sounds quite different than I expected based on reviews, very velvety smooth and warm, in fact, too warm for my tastes. I returned it within the refund timeframe.

So, here I was contemplating my options and saw the M2 going so cheap. The M was a nice player, but did sound a little distant or veiled and would take a few minutes for the mind to get used to each time I started listening to it. Based on what I’ve read the M2 sounds a bit more upfront. I’m hoping it will line up pretty well with the sound I’m after and make a good daily carry. Might even run it through the xCAN if the combo adds anything.

I’ve been wondering whether Cowon’s next release will be something like an updated M2, but decided not to wait around to find out. Their recent releases have either been their small screen line-up (J, V, D2), or other end of top tier (P2mk II, L). Seems about time they went for the middle ground with a player around the 500-800 USD mark.

May 29, 2019 at 7:23 AM Post #397 of 545
I’ve just ordered one of these, should arrive in my eager little hands in about a week. Got one (plus case) from amazon, JetAudio has them going for 299 USD, so cheap. And they’re shipping to New Zealand which I’ve never seen for JetAudio listings on amazon before.

I’ve had a range of Plenues in the past, seem to have been inadvertently doing a tour :wink: : the D, P1, M (from jmills himself), R, V and briefly P2 mk II.

I loved the sound of the V but wanted to upgrade to a larger screen player to have the better UI of the bigger Cowon players, so thought I’d just dive in deep and go for the P2 mk II in order to stop the cycle of upgrades and changes. But.... I found the P2 sounds quite different than I expected based on reviews, very velvety smooth and warm, in fact, too warm for my tastes. I returned it within the refund timeframe.

So, here I was contemplating my options and saw the M2 going so cheap. The M was a nice player, but did sound a little distant or veiled and would take a few minutes for the mind to get used to each time I started listening to it. Based on what I’ve read the M2 sounds a bit more upfront. I’m hoping it will line up pretty well with the sound I’m after and make a good daily carry. Might even run it through the xCAN if the combo adds anything.

I’ve been wondering whether Cowon’s next release will be something like an updated M2, but decided not to wait around to find out. Their recent releases have either been their small screen line-up (J, V, D2), or other end of top tier (P2mk II, L). Seems about time they went for the middle ground with a player around the 500-800 USD mark.
Cool, I have two PM2s, its Bur Brown dac shines on many styles of music. Its bass hits like a huge rolling ball. 128 internal gigs is nice.

May 29, 2019 at 7:27 AM Post #398 of 545
20190529_192448.jpg
20190529_192457.jpg
20190529_192521.jpg

May 29, 2019 at 7:34 AM Post #399 of 545
Nice! How does it sound? I don’t really have any need for the extra power of the xCAN, but since I’ve got it (and see you regularly use an amp with your Plenues) figured I’ll experiment and see if it adds anything extra.

I do love bass, and BBE settings, so the M2 sounds like my kind of player :) The bass on the P2 mk II had a softer hit, kind of a smoothed off impact.

May 29, 2019 at 7:34 AM Post #400 of 545

Well the PS still has the bass and smoothness but with a touch of more treble. The PL a lot more detailed.

May 29, 2019 at 7:36 AM Post #401 of 545
Nice! How does it sound? I don’t really have any need for the extra power of the xCAN, but since I’ve got it (and see you regularly use an amp with your Plenues) figured I’ll experiment and see if it adds anything extra.

I do love bass, and BBE settings, so the M2 sounds like my kind of player :) The bass on the P2 mk II had a softer hit, kind of a smoothed off impact.
Get a great all Silver interconnect cable and use the ifi treble boost and you get a big soundstage and more treble along with the bass.

May 29, 2019 at 7:38 AM Post #402 of 545

Yeah the MKII doesnt have the same dac, hence you should try the PS. Istill use the PM2 more.

May 29, 2019 at 7:42 AM Post #403 of 545
Yeah the MKII doesnt have the same dac, hence you should try the PS. Istill use the PM2 more.
Thanks for the impressions and advice. Interesting that you still use the M2 more despite it being “lower” in the range than the S.

I haven’t heard the S, the nearest retailer is in Sydney, Australia. Would love to try it out one day.

May 29, 2019 at 7:50 AM Post #404 of 545
Thanks for the impressions and advice. Interesting that you still use the M2 more despite it being “lower” in the range than the S.

I haven’t heard the S, the nearest retailer is in Sydney, Australia. Would love to try it out one day.
PS has a balanced 3.5 , great power for headphones. The PM2 with an amp great for on the go. I alternate them but the PM2 slightly smaller size.

May 29, 2019 at 9:10 AM Post #405 of 545

I saw that too and was tempted to order but when I saw import fee deposit of $150 + $40 for shipping to India I dropped it. How much you paid total for it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back