Custom IEM DYNAMIC driver reshelling service ≤ Ø14mm - $220
Sep 10, 2011 at 5:42 AM Post #17 of 118

Do you mean the dual dynamic driver radius? Do you have a picture of how the driver looks? Is the tweeter and woofer combined in a single unit? I only heard ljokerl's Radius DDM2 and one side was broken so I didn't get a good listen, but from what I heard on the working side I don't think it would be worth the expense and hassle of reshelling it into a custom, but since once side was broken I really can't say for sure.

What is international shipping like in Poland? You can get reshells locally with Spiral Ear right? Have you asked if they do dynamic? I haven't had any contact with Spiral Ear, I skipped them because they seem a bit expensive, like UM... =P
For me, after shipping and cables, I have to pay a bit over $300 for a balanced armature reshell with UM. =(

Sep 10, 2011 at 5:52 AM Post #18 of 118
Btw which price do you mean is high? The $275?
frown.gif

I can lower the price and charge for shipping later, then some people will pay a tiny bit more and some a tiny bit less, depending on where they're located in the world, but shipping to China and back is the expensive part, I paid $42.15 yesterday when I sent my ear impressions to China, and the return cost will be about the same, that is for a single unit, and then I have to pay fort he cable and artwork.

That is not with DHL, DHL would have cost me $81, but it becomes cheaper if you send several units at once of course.

Sep 10, 2011 at 8:34 AM Post #20 of 118

Quote:

Do you mean the dual dynamic driver radius? Do you have a picture of how the driver looks? Is the tweeter and woofer combined in a single unit? I only heard ljokerl's Radius DDM2 and one side was broken so I didn't get a good listen, but from what I heard on the working side I don't think it would be worth the expense and hassle of reshelling it into a custom, but since once side was broken I really can't say for sure.

What is international shipping like in Poland? You can get reshells locally with Spiral Ear right? Have you asked if they do dynamic? I haven't had any contact with Spiral Ear, I skipped them because they seem a bit expensive, like UM... =P
For me, after shipping and cables, I have to pay a bit over $300 for a balanced armature reshell with UM. =(

I meant Radius TWF11K aka. DDM1 If signature of reshelled DDM was the same/better than universal then that would be probably the holy grail for me.

SE do reshells however Grzegorz suggested to use only drivers designed to use in sillicone like ACS or Minerva or SE. Simply put f.e. reshelled TF10 will sound very different, but still he can do it for you. I don't know the price for reshells last one I remember is $250 but it was 2years ago. No DD reshells available.

Quote:
Btw which price do you mean is high? The $275?
frown.gif

I can lower the price and charge for shipping later, then some people will pay a tiny bit more and some a tiny bit less, depending on where they're located in the world, but shipping to China and back is the expensive part, I paid $42.15 yesterday when I sent my ear impressions to China, and the return cost will be about the same, that is for a single unit, and then I have to pay fort he cable and artwork.

That is not with DHL, DHL would have cost me $81, but it becomes cheaper if you send several units at once of course.

Yes my comment was on this $275 price. In my case I don't need cables since I can made one by myself or simply use one I already have. Plus in UM's price shipping is included which makes it way affordable.
Shipping to China from PL is like $10 priority (up to one month due to customs) and $30 express (ca. one week).

Sep 10, 2011 at 9:18 AM Post #21 of 118
If you look at average_joe's reviews when he's posted from the US to China using first priority USPS it's taken weeks, I think he said 3 weeks, to arrive, and I bet it wasn't cheap either, that's why I want to use DHL which is supposed to only take 2 or 3 days from here, I think that's much better.

Of course if you already have your own cables I'll deduct the cable from the price for you, hmm... actually, I'll just take the cables out of the price now. =) BRB.

Sep 10, 2011 at 11:35 AM Post #25 of 118
Hmm... what happened to my posts in this thread? If I did something wrong, you the mods must tell me!

Sep 10, 2011 at 12:07 PM Post #27 of 118
Quote:
Then send a PM to Jude, don't derail the thread plz.

PM sent. Sorry for the trouble and back on topic.
smile.gif

Sep 10, 2011 at 12:56 PM Post #28 of 118

Quote:

Okay guys, so the cheapest cable they offer is 320 Yuen,

360.00 CNY = 56.3468 USD

Reducing price from $275 to $220.

Thanks for an update. It's still pricey though. Let me know if they'd accept DDM1 I'd pay $220 for Radius reshell.

Any chance for a list with reshells options like color scheme or artworks/face plates whatsoever? Unless it will be done by TS in the end...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back