CustomArt FIBAE Impressions Thread
Mar 3, 2019 at 3:13 PM Post #1,636 of 2,468
One other vote for the Fibae 2.
F2 is an amazing with its timbre and rich sound.

IMG_1760-1.jpg

Mar 3, 2019 at 4:26 PM Post #1,637 of 2,468
Dare I ask what cable that is? Looking for one with either minimal or no memory wire as it interferes with glasses :frowning2:

Mar 3, 2019 at 9:29 PM Post #1,639 of 2,468
Thanks all! So many recommendations for the F2 :)

Do CA offer a more comfortable, less-deep fit? I am having issues with my Euphorias, while I found that my UE7 in their shallower CSX fit worked well for me.

Mar 4, 2019 at 4:07 AM Post #1,640 of 2,468
Thanks all! So many recommendations for the F2 :)

Do CA offer a more comfortable, less-deep fit? I am having issues with my Euphorias, while I found that my UE7 in their shallower CSX fit worked well for me.
Make a comment at the check out, send us pictures of your UE7- we will try our best to accommodate to your fit preference.

Mar 14, 2019 at 1:31 PM Post #1,644 of 2,468
Some of the vocalists pick FIBAE3, other than that Harmony 8.2

Hi Piotr,
I have exactly these two models at the moment. H8.2 is the latest addition to my humble collection and I find them so spectacular that in fact F3 doesn't get any head-time since. It's like acting as a replacement IEM at the moment. Anyway, I was wondering, wouldn't the Black suite better this purpose? I mean isn't the Black in overall signature closer to H8.2 then the F3?

Mar 15, 2019 at 7:26 AM Post #1,645 of 2,468
Hi Piotr,
I have exactly these two models at the moment. H8.2 is the latest addition to my humble collection and I find them so spectacular that in fact F3 doesn't get any head-time since. It's like acting as a replacement IEM at the moment. Anyway, I was wondering, wouldn't the Black suite better this purpose? I mean isn't the Black in overall signature closer to H8.2 then the F3?
Well Blacks are warmer than 8.2 and their signature is darker and more laid back with less forward mids than Harmony. And forward mids are strictly required for vocal monitoring, meaning Blacks are not as suited for that particular task

Last edited:
Mar 15, 2019 at 8:47 AM Post #1,647 of 2,468
Mar 15, 2019 at 9:06 AM Post #1,649 of 2,468
Sorry I didn't make myself clear.
I meant Harmony 8.2 are suited for vocal monitoring and Blacks not so much for stage use.
I thought so, just making sure I understood right. Thanks

Mar 15, 2019 at 1:04 PM Post #1,650 of 2,468
Well Blacks are warmer than 8.2 and their signature is darker and more laid back with less forward mids than Harmony. And forward mids are strictly required for vocal monitoring, meaning Blacks are not as suited for that particular task
Thanks for making that distinction clear: previous comparisons of the Black to the H8.2 seemed to indicate that there were similarities and slight changes in overall quality that made the difference boil down to a small change in signature. After reading many more impressions and things, I think I'm starting to understand the difference more. Makes me even more curious how the successor to the H8.2 will differentiate itself from all of the existing lineup, especially with the new tech being used in FB and F4. I know that somewhat parrots what I recall typing before somewhere but with a better understanding: FB sounds like it will work well in an office/easy listening/background music sort of way and, if I start pinching pennies now, eventual flagship successor, if comparable to H8.2 in the role it fills, should be a better option for critical listening/monitoring.

I know it may be unfair to the H8.2 to already declare it old and forgotten since it's clearly still the top dog in the CA lineup. I blame my humanity: we desire what we don't know at the expense of what we can already know and see. Still, the reality, I can afford to wait and dream but not to buy anything right now :triportsad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back