CustomArt FIBAE Impressions Thread
Dec 7, 2017 at 10:23 AM Post #347 of 2,468
20171207_094418.jpg

Dec 7, 2017 at 11:41 AM Post #350 of 2,468
Hey Piotr, any more info on the higher tier FIBAE iems?
For F3, is it as bright as the H8P or less bright?
Does the mids have more body?
Well after F1, F2 and now F3 it's time to go higher :) not sure when but there's something exciting in works currently of which prototype I posted pictures on Insta/FB in July.
[Edit because I forgot to address rest of the questions]: F3 has less midrange body compared to 8.2 and it is in my opinion brighter compared to 8.2.
The midrange has similar presence but the bass (100Hz) is around 3dB less in quantity and highs (10-20kHz) have around +10-15dB extra boost compared to 8.2.
Please don't be scared about the highs numbers though, as we are talking range that is not particularly tiring for hearing (5-7kHz).
[Edit2 as the question was for 8Pro not 8.2 - I need some sleep... :p]
Compared to 8Pro the brightness is similar, but the 6kHz peak is controlled much better which in 8Pro was much more prominent, I think the overall highs extension is also better with F3.
Mids are more forward with FIBAE3 than 8Pro, again - more like a 8.2 in terms of presence.
As for thickness, the 8Pros weren't particularly thick sounding and lows were rather fast. F3 is a bit different approach so it has more sub bass than mid bass, while 8Pro had more mid bass than sub-bass. I think mid notes are overall a bit weightier in FIBAE3.

Finally got mine, I'm so happy with them. Fit is extra, sound is terrific ! Really much worth the long wait.

Thanks again to Piotr for his patience :)
Thank you for yours! Enjoy!

Last edited:
Dec 8, 2017 at 10:06 AM Post #355 of 2,468
Such immense pressure lol.

Dec 8, 2017 at 10:25 AM Post #356 of 2,468
Ok ok... caved under pressure :ksc75smile:

These are very brief impressions I gave to Piotr when he asked what I thought, I will try and give more detailed impressions this evening.

"Initial impressions are very good, nice strong sub bass that backs up the initial bass kick, with clear mids and well extended highs. Plenty of detail and air between everything and the sound is nicely balanced with even a hint of warmth but a focus on separation and clarity."

I'll also add there is no real peak in the treble so the treble is there but not exaggerated and the sub-bass really is impressive. This means that there is slightly less mid-bass and it doesn't encroach on the crystal clear mids.

Enjoying the sound a lot, fit wise the L ear is pretty tight, the R ear which I always have problems with, loses seal a little occasionally but overall a very good fit. I did notice the L canal goes ever so slightly deeper than the R.

Dec 8, 2017 at 11:09 AM Post #357 of 2,468
Ok ok... caved under pressure :ksc75smile:

These are very brief impressions I gave to Piotr when he asked what I thought, I will try and give more detailed impressions this evening.

"Initial impressions are very good, nice strong sub bass that backs up the initial bass kick, with clear mids and well extended highs. Plenty of detail and air between everything and the sound is nicely balanced with even a hint of warmth but a focus on separation and clarity."

I'll also add there is no real peak in the treble so the treble is there but not exaggerated and the sub-bass really is impressive. This means that there is slightly less mid-bass and it doesn't encroach on the crystal clear mids.

Enjoying the sound a lot, fit wise the L ear is pretty tight, the R ear which I always have problems with, loses seal a little occasionally but overall a very good fit. I did notice the L canal goes ever so slightly deeper than the R.

Great impressions, man! Glad to hear Custom Art can pull off a sound signature that’s out of their comfort zone. Piotr should be shipping mine out today, so as soon as I get home from Singapore, I’ll be able to give impressions of my own. :D

Last edited:
Dec 8, 2017 at 11:23 AM Post #358 of 2,468
Custom Art can pull off a sound signature that’s out of their comfort zone.
I think that's the perfect summary of its signature. It really is outside my comfort zone I literally had nightmares worrying it should be more bass-happy haha
Piotr should be shipping mine out today
Barely made it in time, but they shipped.

Dec 8, 2017 at 12:07 PM Post #359 of 2,468
I think that's the perfect summary of its signature. It really is outside my comfort zone I literally had nightmares worrying it should be more bass-happy haha

Barely made it in time, but they shipped.

Appreciate it, man! Kinda kicking myself for not asking you to send it to MS because I’ll be in Singapore next week, but at least I don’t have to worry about being there long enough to collect it. Besides, it won’t be able to distract me from all the new gear I’ll get to try. :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back