CustomArt FIBAE Impressions Thread
Dec 12, 2017 at 9:06 AM Post #377 of 2,468
yaay
3ca440c9-3eca-4178-ae0e-204865d14f7f.jpg

Dec 12, 2017 at 10:12 AM Post #381 of 2,468
Since we seem to be on a roll when it comes to sharing designs on this thread, I'd like to show you guys a little photo Piotr shared with me today:

F3Actual.jpg

These are my finished FIBAE 3's and I personally think they look absolutely STUNNING! The design consists of a custom transparent turquoise shell, silver mirror foil faceplates, and a cut-out F3 logo that I designed in Photoshop. Piotr and his team have been experimenting with this material for the past few weeks. There are limitations to what designs can be done - and he claims their technique still requires refinement - but I think they've knocked it out of the park as far as the pictures have shown. I haven't seen the IEMs in person, but the package arrived at my house this afternoon and I should be able to take a look (and a listen) as soon as I fly back to Jakarta this Friday. Throughout all my conversations with Piotr, I can safely say that when it comes to tackling challenges and pushing the boundaries of what's possible, no one can do it quite like @piotrus-g and the Custom Art team. Once again, BRAVO!

Dec 12, 2017 at 10:19 AM Post #382 of 2,468
Since we seem to be on a roll when it comes to sharing designs on this thread, I'd like to show you guys a little photo Piotr shared with me today:

These are my finished FIBAE 3's and I personally think they look absolutely STUNNING! The design consists of a custom transparent turquoise shell, silver mirror foil faceplates, and a cut-out F3 logo that I designed in Photoshop. Piotr and his team have been experimenting with this material for the past few weeks. There are limitations to what designs can be done - and he claims their technique still requires refinement - but I think they've knocked it out of the park as far as the pictures have shown. I haven't seen the IEMs in person, but the package arrived at my house this afternoon and I should be able to take a look (and a listen) as soon as I fly back to Jakarta this Friday. Throughout all my conversations with Piotr, I can safely say that when it comes to tackling challenges and pushing the boundaries of what's possible, no one can do it quite like @piotrus-g and the Custom Art team. Once again, BRAVO!
Thank you for giving us challenges :)

Dec 12, 2017 at 10:31 AM Post #383 of 2,468
Dec 12, 2017 at 10:46 AM Post #384 of 2,468

Outstanding!!!!

Dec 12, 2017 at 12:07 PM Post #386 of 2,468
Hi @Deezel177,
if I remember, you have the FIBAE 2 in silicon and now the 3 in acrylic, I would like to hear your thoughts about the 2 materials.

I expressed my thoughts on acrylic vs. silicone in my FIBAE 2 review. I find that getting a great impression - and thus a great mould for the shell - is more important than the material the IEM's made from. This is because silicone doesn't have as much give as I thought it would, especially at the start. My FIBAE 2's came in a bit dense and tight. But, after some use, they eventually became softer and more comfortable. The grip/friction that silicone has as a material allows the shell to stick more effectively to the skin. As a result, seals hardly ever break when your chewing or talking, and the shells don't slide around in the ear when you flex your ears. There's also a stronger feeling of seamlessness between the shells and the skin; it's easier to feel like the IEM and the canal are one singular mass. Thus, it's easier to get the "I-forgot-I-was-wearing-IEMs" feeling.

Sound-wise, I think silicone or silicone-filled IEMs tend to have this laid-back organicity. It's a darker and more close-knit sound, but detail retrieval is more apparent because there's a larger contrast between the black background of the IEM and the sounds coming through. It could also be due to a lack of distortion, but my own impressions are too vague for me to be sure. It's honestly very hard to explain - and it could very well have been tuned this way by Piotr - but that's as best as I can describe it. The FIBAE 3 will be my very first hollow acrylic IEM from Custom Art, so that should yield a different experience.

Last edited:
Dec 12, 2017 at 12:28 PM Post #387 of 2,468
Thank you for giving us challenges :)

Well if I ever get the chance to try more of your great monitors down the line, I'll leave the design up to you guys as you know what you're doing! :D

Dec 12, 2017 at 12:57 PM Post #388 of 2,468

Incroyable !

Dec 12, 2017 at 1:19 PM Post #389 of 2,468

Very nice...I am thinking one day I will get an email with the chef's surprise...since I asked Piotr to come up with the design. I gave him a total creative control to come up with anything he wants...now just hoping its not rainbow colored with unicorns.

Last edited:
Dec 12, 2017 at 1:24 PM Post #390 of 2,468
Very nice...I am thinking one day I will get an email with the chef's surprise...since I asked Piotr to come up with the design. I gave him a total creative control to come up with anything he wants...now just hoping its not rainbow colored with unicorns.

I like to have some semblance of control over what ends up being the final design. @piotrus-g can get a little... "wild" sometimes. :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back