CustomArt FIBAE Impressions Thread
Apr 15, 2019 at 1:22 AM Post #1,681 of 2,466
Hey guys and gals,

Probably a loaded question in here but I'm looking for an upgrade to my Shure 215s.
Been going through and reading a lot of good things about the CAs but also on my radar is some of the Fearless range. Any thoughts or comments between the two? At a push could possibly stretch to the F3 or the S8.
Primary use will be portable (Sony ZX300).
If you like to stay in the signature of sure215 fibae 2 is my recommendation.

Apr 15, 2019 at 4:00 AM Post #1,682 of 2,466
Hey guys and gals,

Probably a loaded question in here but I'm looking for an upgrade to my Shure 215s.
Been going through and reading a lot of good things about the CAs but also on my radar is some of the Fearless range. Any thoughts or comments between the two? At a push could possibly stretch to the F3 or the S8.

I had (like many I guess) SE215 in the past . I'm currently owning S8F & Andromeda with ZX300. I also had Fibae 2 & 3 during a review tour organized in France so I can say few words about your request.
1st I prefered Fibae 2 vs Fibae 3 . For me F2 are a fantastic set : quite balanced , fun & versatile. I really liked them, more than F3 which are very neutral and I would say boring for my taste. Plus I do find them less all rounder than F2
Actually coming from SE215, you should also have a look at the Fibae Black (owned too). They are warmer even more forgiving than F2. For me they were lacking some energy, transitions were a bit too smooth.
At the opposite you have the S8F. Very nice IEM : fast, lively, detailed, fantastic bass (much more controled than your SE215 & a bit less in quantity too), I find low mids a bit recessed & high mids a bit too forward for my taste but it seems that they calm down with burning (while I'm not a burning believer especially for BAs). You can also use the 10 bands EQ of your Sony to slightly change the sound to your liking.
When it comes to the fit, the Fibae Uni are fantastic, so small, so comfy. The shell of the S8F are quite big (for my ears) but still fit is good but maybe less comfortable than CAs.
If you go custom, it will be easier to deal with CA as well in case of something is NOK but be informed about long leadtime (6/8 weeks I think).
To summarize, if you want a direct upgrade of the SE215 , have a look at the Fibae black, if you want something a bit different, check Fibae 2, if you want something completely different, check S8F. I would personally exclude F3 from your research

Some eye candy of the FIBAE Black

Beautiful IEMs
The best looking Black I've seen so far! congratz!

Apr 15, 2019 at 4:19 AM Post #1,683 of 2,466
Hey guys and gals,

To make your decission harder, I have a fibae 2 for sale :wink:

Apr 15, 2019 at 5:25 AM Post #1,684 of 2,466
Hey guys and gals,

Well I'd say FIBAE Black or FIBAE2, unless you are looking to really get much brighter signature compared to SE215.

Apr 15, 2019 at 7:54 AM Post #1,685 of 2,466
I had (like many I guess) SE215 in the past . I'm currently owning S8F & Andromeda with ZX300. I also had Fibae 2 & 3 during a review tour organized in France so I can say few words about your request.
1st I prefered Fibae 2 vs Fibae 3 . For me F2 are a fantastic set : quite balanced , fun & versatile. I really liked them, more than F3 which are very neutral and I would say boring for my taste. Plus I do find them less all rounder than F2
Actually coming from SE215, you should also have a look at the Fibae Black (owned too). They are warmer even more forgiving than F2. For me they were lacking some energy, transitions were a bit too smooth.
At the opposite you have the S8F. Very nice IEM : fast, lively, detailed, fantastic bass (much more controled than your SE215 & a bit less in quantity too), I find low mids a bit recessed & high mids a bit too forward for my taste but it seems that they calm down with burning (while I'm not a burning believer especially for BAs). You can also use the 10 bands EQ of your Sony to slightly change the sound to your liking.
When it comes to the fit, the Fibae Uni are fantastic, so small, so comfy. The shell of the S8F are quite big (for my ears) but still fit is good but maybe less comfortable than CAs.
If you go custom, it will be easier to deal with CA as well in case of something is NOK but be informed about long leadtime (6/8 weeks I think).
To summarize, if you want a direct upgrade of the SE215 , have a look at the Fibae black, if you want something a bit different, check Fibae 2, if you want something completely different, check S8F. I would personally exclude F3 from your research

That is incredibly informative and helps a great deal!

To make your decission harder, I have a fibae 2 for sale :wink:

How much and can they be reshelled for custom? And if so how much for a reshell?

Well I'd say FIBAE Black or FIBAE2, unless you are looking to really get much brighter signature compared to SE215.

I was thinking that last night... Not sure if the Shure or just the music but I was finding some cymbal use a little too much on the ears. Without trialling I'd be a bit reluctant to be spending more

Apr 16, 2019 at 12:46 AM Post #1,689 of 2,466
Apr 20, 2019 at 7:55 AM Post #1,693 of 2,466
Apr 21, 2019 at 7:19 AM Post #1,695 of 2,466
Keep it as a backup :p

Nah I already got some.

Btw guys, did any of you buy custom tip / custom earplugs from CA ? How is the comfort ? Does it isolate well ? I'm looking for a night replacement for my 3M tips (kind of dirty) so it must isolate well, stick all night long and not hurt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back