Cypherlabs AlgoRhythm Picollo Impressions Thread
Jun 27, 2014 at 5:41 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 86
Recently David from Cypherlabs shipped me his latest portable amp, the Cypherlabs Algorhythm Picollo (hereafter CLAP). I won't get into the official specs as one can easily pick up the information from here :-

http://www.cypherlabs.com/products/algorhythm-picollo/

As I've literally just got it delivered, I've naturally not done any tests to it but instead have taken some unboxing pics. A review of it will come after I've spent some listening time to it.

A Theorem 720 put next to it to get an idea of size of the box. This time Cypherlabs has chosen a different packaging from the CLAS & Duet.

A portable storage case

Very simple clean lines and finish

microUSB charging

Base could have been done better but, hey we're here to listen to it right?

A comparison with the rest of the Cypherlabs portable family

Jun 27, 2014 at 6:01 AM Post #3 of 86
  Any chance of getting some pictures from its internals?

Thank you.

No :p!! I just got this and it's a demo unit which I'll pass to @shigzeo after I'm done. I don't think it'll be too respectful to David for opening up and showing the internals to everyone for something given to me/us for a tour.

Jun 27, 2014 at 6:20 AM Post #5 of 86
Recently David from Cypherlabs shipped me his latest portable amp, the Cypherlabs Algorhythm Picollo (hereafter CLAP). I won't get into the official specs as one can easily pick up the information from here :-

http://www.cypherlabs.com/products/algorhythm-picollo/

As I've literally just got it delivered, I've naturally not done any tests to it but instead have taken some unboxing pics. A review of it will come after I've spent some listening time to it.

A Theorem 720 put next to it to get an idea of size of the box. This time Cypherlabs has chosen a different packaging from the CLAS & Duet.

A portable storage case

Very simple clean lines and finish

microUSB charging

Base could have been done better but, hey we're here to listen to it right?

A comparison with the rest of the Cypherlabs portable family

Finally!! Will be waiting on this to be reviewed! Hope you can try it paired with the dx90 and do a comparison vs dx90+duet.. Looking forward for your feedback Sean!

Jun 27, 2014 at 11:58 PM Post #9 of 86
Yo, man, me too!
You don't need to listen to my results, it's going to you next! Same with you too @ExpatinJapan if you want!! This is a Tokyo tour.

Jun 28, 2014 at 1:43 AM Post #11 of 86
Yo, man, me too!
You don't need to listen to my results, it's going to you next! Same with you too @ExpatinJapan if you want!! This is a Tokyo tour.
i want to hear the test results of whether you have the clap first, ...then we can talk about the picollo tour :wink:

Jun 28, 2014 at 2:34 AM Post #12 of 86
i want to hear the test results of whether you have the clap first, ...then we can talk about the picollo tour :wink:
Too bad buddy, you get it all, the full package.

@Soup,sure can send to you too if whoever is next in line is prepared to send it to Korea.

Jun 28, 2014 at 10:25 AM Post #14 of 86
I'll need to burn this thing in a little more. Straight out of the box, he bass is a little loose and the staging is a small. I'd like to put it through a burn in before I comment anything more about it's SQ. But so far using it with the Ditas and comparing it to the HM-901's balanced amp module, the CLAP packs a punch. The HM-901 balanced amp sounds more laid back, and so far the CLAP is more impactful and aggressive - listening to the Star Wars Imperial March.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back