Dali Headphones
Nov 6, 2019 at 3:08 AM Post #256 of 1,056
If you are in need for some reference music to test the DALI IO's and you are on Tidal, you can check out these playlists:

DALI IO Mix
Bass Heavy

Just caught myself tapping my feet like possessed / grinning like a madman after a trip through your Tidal playlist ... I had the IO-6 hooked up to my iFi Micro iDSD BL and that definitely brings the IO-6 to another level completely ... The IO-6 have so much more potential than even a high-quality wireless codec like APTX-HD can bring out .. To anyone interested, do yourself a favor and get a (portable) headamp to accompany the IO-6'es. Connecting the DALI IO-6 via USB indeed goes a long way with the built-in DAC, but even then it's no match for a true dedicated headamp ...

I don't think I have ever fallen so hard for a pair of wireless cans as for the DALI IO-6 .. :)

Last edited:
Nov 6, 2019 at 3:26 AM Post #257 of 1,056
If you are in need for some reference music to test the DALI IO's and you are on Tidal, you can check out these playlists:

DALI IO Mix
Bass Heavy

Thanks Brintkiks. Always interesting to hear manufacturers' 'test music'. I don't have Tidal so I've rebuilt the lists in Spotify. And I don't have a Dali IO (definitely interested in giving them a try though, which is why I'm following the thread) so please excuse me but I'll have to listen on my B&W PX and B&O H9i for now. Cheers, Alastair

Nov 6, 2019 at 4:06 AM Post #258 of 1,056
@Brintkiks

I tried to connect the DALI IO-6 to my Galaxy Note 10+ via an Audioquest Dragontail + the original DALI USB-C cable and experienced the following:

First dialog box that pops up in UAPP (USB Audio Player Pro) is whether UAPP is allowed to ACCESS DALI IO. If you select OK, you lose connection with the IO-6. If however you select cancel, a second dialog box pops up asking whether UAPP is allowed to HANDLE DALI IO. If you then select OK, UAPP works perfectly with UAPP ... (Which I am pleased to confirm gives a significant improvement over wireless, even if it's not to the same extent as a true headamp)

I will report this to Davy Wentzler, but would appreciate if you could PM me with your contact details so that I can send them along to Davy. He could then work with you guys to adapt UAPP to fully support the DALI IO series.

Last edited:
Nov 6, 2019 at 4:48 AM Post #259 of 1,056
I got the Master & dynamic MW65 today and for this price I am disappointed. The sound clarity is much better on the Dali I06, the midrange sounds better to me also on the IO6, it is more in the front than on the MW65. The bass sounds better on MW65, but this is not a colossal difference. However, what disappoints the most is the MW65 volume, this one is very low, in addition they have a huge sound leakage. The build quality is not bad, but despite the fact that they are made of leather, the skin used in Sennheiser Momentum 3 is several levels better.

So far I'm extremely disappointed, because in the end MW65 cost ~ 480 € in Europe

Nov 6, 2019 at 5:29 AM Post #260 of 1,056
I got the Master & dynamic MW65 today and for this price I am disappointed. The sound clarity is much better on the Dali I06, the midrange sounds better to me also on the IO6, it is more in the front than on the MW65. The bass sounds better on MW65, but this is not a colossal difference. However, what disappoints the most is the MW65 volume, this one is very low, in addition they have a huge sound leakage. The build quality is not bad, but despite the fact that they are made of leather, the skin used in Sennheiser Momentum 3 is several levels better.

So far I'm extremely disappointed, because in the end MW65 cost ~ 480 € in Europe
They are a gorgeous looking headphone but you are correct Emperror their volume is way to low to enjoy your music and that’s why I returned them. Are you satisfied with the volume of your Dalis?

Nov 6, 2019 at 5:50 AM Post #261 of 1,056
Hello alchemical. I trying answering your questions.

The p7w is my favourite wireless headphone, but isn't only favourite wireless, p7w I preferring more than my wired very expensive top of the line sennheiser hd800 and the hd600 too.

The sound of the p7w for me is very real like with good speakers. The sennheiser m3w is the more close with p7w sound than many anc headphones I trying in the past. I prefer more p7w than m3w but m3w is sufficient close. The only reason for me is m3w having anc and ambient mode, the two things are very important for me. p7w having 14 hours of battery and m3w 17 so I'm happy, isn't perfect for 2019 but is good for me after I hear the very good sound and the excellent construction and the design.

The difference is m3w is having little elevated sub bass and p7w little elevated mid bass. The 2 giving different flavour in music but isn't far. But the combination of mids and treble I preferring in p7w. The m3w is having very good treble but for me I hearing more reality in mids and treble combination, with little more body in p7w, maybe because mid bass helping a little bringing with in the voices and instrumentation with sounds in midrange.

I'm loving the AirPods pro. Is interesting reading in head-fi for me how some of the persons in main airpods pro thread immediately saying APP isn't audiophile sound, but is very good for this or for that, etc, etc. AirPods isn't audiophile sound maybe, only maybe, but is having one of the more best correct sound in the frequency response. I have for 6 days and I respecting this product more and more, the researching that's doing Apple for producing this product is serious.
Thanks very much for the response - really appreciate hearing your take on them. Tempting as the M3s are, from what I’ve heard I don’t think I’d find them besting the P7Ws in any particular areas enough to justify the purchase.

Nov 6, 2019 at 5:55 AM Post #262 of 1,056
Thanks Brintkiks. Always interesting to hear manufacturers' 'test music'. I don't have Tidal so I've rebuilt the lists in Spotify. And I don't have a Dali IO (definitely interested in giving them a try though, which is why I'm following the thread) so please excuse me but I'll have to listen on my B&W PX and B&O H9i for now. Cheers, Alastair

mind sharing your playlist public on Spotify ?

Nov 6, 2019 at 6:48 AM Post #264 of 1,056
They are a gorgeous looking headphone but you are correct Emperror their volume is way to low to enjoy your music and that’s why I returned them. Are you satisfied with the volume of your Dalis?

I'm on Samsung S10 and I find I never go over 70 on the volume scale. And that level already slightly uncomfortable for longer time. So in my view plenty not volume.

Nov 6, 2019 at 7:52 AM Post #265 of 1,056
The problem is angelom that I am in my mid 50s and 35 years of working in the weaving industry has made my earring what it is so I do require a loud headphone. The mw65’s I have tried and are too low for me. The Sony’s are ok volume wise but don’t sound very good. The m3’s I have just returned are about perfect volume and the p7w I listen too very rarely on full volume, only on poorly mastered tracks on Apple Music. Would you say that the volume on the Dali’s is about the same as the m3’s my friend, if it is I will give them a try. It’s not that I listen to music on full volume all the time but it’s nice to have it when needed but thanks for the advice and I know that you are correct in what you are saying

Do you trying qc35 II before? I think qc35 is better sound than nc700 and anc is similar very strong and today is very good price. Problem for me is artificial leather, if not I keeping qc35 II.

Yes, low volume in max position in mw65 is problem for some or much persons. The dali is more loud, this I remembering well but I don't having now so I don't knowing how much is more loud exactly, but isn't loud like p7 wireless.

For me the big problem with mw65 isn't volume (98% of the music is ok the volume for me), but the big difference in sound when the anc is on or off. With anc is off the sound is bad for me, is very thin, no bass and harsh treble (here the dali io6 is better), but with the anc on I think sound is very good and more good than dali io6, this is very clear for me. But for 500 euros this isn't acceptable.

Thanks very much for the response - really appreciate hearing your take on them. Tempting as the M3s are, from what I’ve heard I don’t think I’d find them besting the P7Ws in any particular areas enough to justify the purchase.

For me p7w is better sound, but for I needing anc and ambient mode too the m3 wireless is my decision for buying, so I keeping the 2 headphones. If I need only one or I can paying only one I choosing m3 because with anc and ambient mode off (like normal wireless headphone) the sound is very good too.

Nov 6, 2019 at 8:08 AM Post #266 of 1,056
Nov 6, 2019 at 3:16 PM Post #268 of 1,056
Just received my Dali IO-6 today.
Sound is great. Bass is good. Just played Billie Eilish.
Noise cancelling is good.

Ear cups were dissapointing small at first, but I'm getting used to it ...
My other cans are Dan Clark (MrSpeakers) ETHER C Flow and my NC cans were Samsung Level Over since 5 years.
I had Bose NC cans before that. All of these have bigger cups that do not touch my ears.

But the Dali's have shut down for no reason for the 3rd time now, while battery level is reported at 80%.
Anyone experiencing the same?

Last edited:
Nov 6, 2019 at 4:26 PM Post #269 of 1,056
Just received my Dali IO-6 today.
Sound is great. Bass is good. Just played Billie Eilish.
Noise cancelling is good.

Ear cups were dissapointing small at first, but I'm getting used to it ...
My other cans are Dan Clark (MrSpeakers) ETHER C Flow and my NC cans were Samsung Level Over since 5 years.
I had Bose NC cans before that. All of these have bigger cups that do not touch my ears.

But the Dali's have shut down for no reason for the 3rd time now, while battery level is reported at 80%.
Anyone experiencing the same?
Are they shutting down, while you are playing? Is it 10 minutes after, you turn them on? Then it could be that it for some reason thinks it's not receiving any signal and shuts down.

Nov 6, 2019 at 4:32 PM Post #270 of 1,056
Are they shutting down, while you are playing? Is it 10 minutes after, you turn them on? Then it could be that it for some reason thinks it's not receiving any signal and shuts down.
Yes they did while I was watching TV on my laptop.
Now thay are doing fine watching Youtube on my laptop and playing Tidal on my Samsung Galxy Note.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back