Dan Clark Audio E3 Review: Interview, Measurements, Impressions
Dec 1, 2023 at 11:22 PM Post #46 of 1,938
On the other hand If Dan made an IEM I'd be all over that like white on rice...
Time for him to learn silicon lithography so he can make an AMTS at the nanometer scale haha

Dec 2, 2023 at 12:58 AM Post #47 of 1,938
That's good to hear, because the word I'd use to describe the sound of the Stealth and Expanse is "lifeless". Even though their FR looks quite good on paper, their SQ does absolutely nothing for me. :sleeping:

So it looks like Dan may have taken some of that criticism/feedback to heart, and the E3 is his response. To which I say....

And the E3 costing half of what the Stealth/Expanse cost is also a HUGE step in the right direction!!
:thumbsup:

All headphones that are not easy to drive must become cheaper in the future....because the future belongs to models that are very easy to drive 😎

NOMAX

PS.lol

I will try something today and tomorrow before I give can the 100 % green light for the E3 on my part, I have a suspicion about these two holes😉
If it works out the way I think it will, then that would be more than awesome....and the main reason to buy the E3 immediately even for me as a Stealth owner👍

IMG_9226.jpeg

NOMAX

PS.lol

Last edited:
Dec 2, 2023 at 3:28 AM Post #48 of 1,938
Here's some comparison measurements from DMS' 4128 rig

Compensated

Both headphones have positional variation and your HRTF will vary so it's not an exact representation on the sound differences but it gives a good understanding.

For me, when I heard them in September the word that kept coming to my mind was "lively". It's a fun step up from the Noire and it's great to see Dan continuing to innovate!

Another good review and measurements, curves - from @amirm
https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/dan-clark-e3-headphone-review.50062/

From @Robbo999999 additional THD measurements
https://audiosciencereview.com/foru...-clark-e3-headphone-review.50062/post-1794692

Last edited:
Dec 2, 2023 at 3:36 AM Post #49 of 1,938
We have considered something like custom printing, it's a bit more complex than we hoped, including the fact that we'd have to worry about people sending copyrighted material to us to print and install in a headphone, which would be illegal for us to do... Playing copyright police = no fun...
I just want women fixing their make up using the E3 as mirror while I listen to my music on the train or waiting on the walk-sign at an intersection :L3000: Anyway, so the mids take center stage or highlights in the E3?

Dec 2, 2023 at 3:38 AM Post #50 of 1,938
The question that arises for me personally is how much pressure of the moving air mass is suitable for the long term in a closed back headphone?
Also how much is needed for various genres?
I'm not talking about Woom Woom...that wasn't the problem with DCA

NOMAX

PS.I still need a little time to make a final judgment here on the bass/low end
(In the mids and highs is 100% nothing to complain as i write in my first post 👍)

Last edited:
Dec 2, 2023 at 4:00 AM Post #51 of 1,938
The question that arises for me personally is how much pressure of the moving air mass is suitable for the long term in a closed back headphone?
Also how much is needed for various genres?
I'm not talking about Woom Woom...that wasn't the problem with DCA

NOMAX

PS.I still need a little time to make a final judgment here on the bass/low end
(In the mids and highs is 100% nothing to complain as i write in my first post 👍)
endgame.png

Dec 2, 2023 at 6:07 AM Post #52 of 1,938
Aeon Noir is the headphone I’ve kept in my collection the longest. I just can’t seem to ever part ways with it… but these are very tempting. Especially with the Club discount.

I will be placing an order soon.

Dec 2, 2023 at 6:13 AM Post #53 of 1,938
I will try something today and tomorrow before I give can the 100 % green light for the E3 on my part, I have a suspicion about these two holes😉
If it works out the way I think it will, then that would be more than awesome....and the main reason to buy the E3 immediately even for me as a Stealth owner👍

IMG_9226.jpeg

NOMAX

PS.lol
Control the Whoop Whoop? 🥳

Dec 2, 2023 at 6:27 AM Post #55 of 1,938
Aeon Noir is the headphone I’ve kept in my collection the longest. I just can’t seem to ever part ways with it… but these are very tempting. Especially with the Club discount.

I will be placing an order soon.
Please keep the Aeon Noire for the direct comparison

Dec 2, 2023 at 6:44 AM Post #56 of 1,938
Dec 2, 2023 at 6:51 AM Post #57 of 1,938
As a very happy Stealth user I am very glad to see the technology and sq become more affordable, and therefore, available to a larger audience who will get to enjoy such a listening experience.

However, I find it difficult to accept that after spending $4,000 as an early adopter, my investment in the Stealth is now compromised and devalued by the introduction of the E3. I feel like I’ve spent a thousand dollars a year to be an early adopter. Such is the fate of an early adopter, I guess.

I will happily keep my Stealth for many years of enjoyable listening pleasure. Just wish that I had waited only two years to purchase equal sq at half the price.

Thanks for letting me vent.😄

If the reviews are correct and the E3 equals the Stealth (or maybe even outdoes the Stealth) in sq, then I urge you to try the E3.

Happy listening!

Last edited:
Dec 2, 2023 at 7:04 AM Post #58 of 1,938
I liked the Noire very much and found the Stealth always to be over my personnel budget for a single headphone, so I am definitely interested.
@mrspeakers: When can we expect the E3 to be available in Europe?

Dec 2, 2023 at 7:05 AM Post #59 of 1,938
I liked the Noire very much and found the Stealth always to be over my personnel budget for a single headphone, so I am definitely interested.
@mrspeakers: When can we expect the E3 to be available in Europe?
You could order directly and it will ship on monday.

Dec 2, 2023 at 7:09 AM Post #60 of 1,938
Thanks, I know DCA delivers world wide, but for 2k+, I still would like to audition them prior to a purchase.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back