Dekoni is Looking for Reviewers!
Oct 11, 2020 at 12:34 PM Post #16 of 46
Hey Head-Fiers!

Dekoni is looking for users with the following equipment to review some of our products!

Owners of the following:
Sony MDR-Z1R
Focal Utopia/Clear/Elegia or equivalents
Sennheiser HD600/HD650/HD660/HD58X/HD6XX
Airpods Pro or IEM users who require very large ear tips
Bose 700
Sennheiser GSP500 or equivalent
Sennheiser HD280 Pro
Sennheiser HD25

Another reviewer we are looking for is someone who needs to isolate themselves at home or work. We would like a few Head-Fiers to try our new earplug attenuator kit.

Some requirements are the following:
1. Be an active Head-Fi user
2. Have a few reviews on your account already
3. Allow us to cross post your review on our dekoniaudio.com blog

Send us a post message or comment below if you are interested.
I own the following:
Sony MDR-Z1R
Focal Elex
Sennheiser HD600/HD660S/HD6XX
Airpods Pro
(plus 3 dozen others)

No reviews on Head-Fi, but was a professional writer/reviewer for national magazines before I retired.

Oct 11, 2020 at 1:50 PM Post #17 of 46
HD800s 75
AD2833AF-10A6-4EAD-8AE3-D1D79773EA47.jpeg
87ECBC6A-67D5-4FB4-9D6E-1EF55AFAF62B.jpeg
294D6838-136C-41D5-AB20-033FBD6DE9DF.jpeg

733096F2-ED3B-43EF-A314-BE89CA17867E.jpeg

Last edited:
Oct 11, 2020 at 3:03 PM Post #18 of 46
Hey Head-Fiers!

Dekoni is looking for users with the following equipment to review some of our products!

Owners of the following:
Sony MDR-Z1R
Focal Utopia/Clear/Elegia or equivalents
Sennheiser HD600/HD650/HD660/HD58X/HD6XX
Airpods Pro or IEM users who require very large ear tips
Bose 700
Sennheiser GSP500 or equivalent
Sennheiser HD280 Pro
Sennheiser HD25

Another reviewer we are looking for is someone who needs to isolate themselves at home or work. We would like a few Head-Fiers to try our new earplug attenuator kit.

Some requirements are the following:
1. Be an active Head-Fi user
2. Have a few reviews on your account already
3. Allow us to cross post your review on our dekoniaudio.com blog

Send us a post message or comment below if you are interested.

Oh this is big news. The mention of HD 25 I mean. I have been told there are no leather pads available. If you guys come up with some I will be very interested.

Oct 12, 2020 at 2:59 AM Post #19 of 46
I like the velour on my HD 25-1 ii actually, but I'm interested. I've been wanting to put together a pad rolling content/review for my platforms

I have an HD 600 and Focal Equivalent alongside my 25-1 ii

Oct 12, 2020 at 12:55 PM Post #20 of 46
I own the Focal elear,HD6XX / D800, beyerdynamic T1.
I have used Dekoni product before for the 6XX (elite valour)
A4F3002A-A9C7-4D13-8638-FEB37D22CD20.jpeg

Oct 12, 2020 at 1:36 PM Post #21 of 46
I'll do a review for the Focal Elegia pads if you would like. No perforations. I don't mind which or more than one type. My comparison will be against stock using CMA 400i.

Oct 12, 2020 at 2:32 PM Post #22 of 46
I haven't made any review here yet (more on French sites where I live). From your list, I have :
Focal Utopia
Sein 650, 599

Others not on your list (Abyss 1266 CC, Sein 800, Oppo PM1 (with their different pas) and PM2x, Audeze LCD2 non razor etc.

Would be interested in testing for Utopia

By the way, I'd love you to manufacture pads for Oppos :L3000:

Thanx

Oct 14, 2020 at 6:29 PM Post #23 of 46
not exactly mentioned but I have a Focal Stellia. I have written mini reviews here on head-fi for Hyland Jupiter 1 and PrimaLuna EVO 300 Intregrated

Oct 16, 2020 at 10:31 AM Post #24 of 46
I would like to review the extra large IEM tips, I have a few IEMs that I don't use due to fit problems. I finally found that the SpinFit XL seem to work for my Campfire Audio Orion and would like to see what Dekoni has to offer.

I would also be interested in reviewing your new Meze 99 Classic pads and if you have any offerings for German Maestro GMP 8.300 D Pros.

My reviews https://www.head-fi.org/members/trolldragon.175867/#showcase-reviews

Cheers!

Oct 16, 2020 at 12:37 PM Post #25 of 46
I hope that I'm not too late. I've never formally used a Dekoni on any of my (personal) headphones before. I'm very interested in auditioning your products, and writing a review, too.

I own a Focal Elegia and a Sony MDR-Z1R.

Oct 26, 2020 at 5:29 PM Post #27 of 46
Hi all , I have published my review for the Hybrid replacement pads of Sennheiser HD660S

https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/de...r-sennheiser-hd600-series.24739/review/24625/

Thanx for the review but I couldn't find a lot about the sound improvment / deterioration.

I had those (quite expensive in Europe) pads in my basket. As I consider my HD650 more than confortable enough, your review made me change my mind and go for a better cable than the stock one rather than buying Dekoni.

Thanx, it helped me greatly.

Oct 26, 2020 at 6:05 PM Post #28 of 46
Thanx for the review but I couldn't find a lot about the sound improvment / deterioration.

I had those (quite expensive in Europe) pads in my basket. As I consider my HD650 more than confortable enough, your review made me change my mind and go for a better cable than the stock one rather than buying Dekoni.

Thanx, it helped me greatly.

May you didn't read well enough?

It is all about the audio improvement at the end of the review.

Stage , bass , clarity , separation all increase.
There is a minus decrease at the mid treble - treble that I like it a lot.
Your mileage may vary.
Can't be more clear and of course don't expect huge difference.
But let me assure you that you get a lot more sound tweaking than buying a cable.

Oct 26, 2020 at 6:07 PM Post #29 of 46
And to quote my self for the lazy ones....

Sound wise we heard some minor but really welcomed differences.
As you can see from the photo the Dekoni pads are a little more deep so they push the driver a bit far away from the ear resulting in a better stage width.
Don't think this as a wow difference but it is there and happily noticed adding more air between the instruments and even better positioning accuracy.

Bass extension is slightly increased and we can hear better layering with improved clarity and detail retrieval with the last being true for all the frequency range.
Finally there is a slight decrease at the upper mids - presence area making for a more natural tonality reducing some echo or glare that it was otherwise present especially with some voices.

Oct 26, 2020 at 7:30 PM Post #30 of 46
Sound wise we heard some minor but really welcomed differences.
As you can see from the photo the Dekoni pads are a little more deep so they push the driver a bit far away from the ear resulting in a better stage width.
Don't think this as a wow difference but it is there and happily noticed adding more air between the instruments and even better positioning accuracy.

Bass extension is slightly increased and we can hear better layering with improved clarity and detail retrieval with the last being true for all the frequency range.
Finally there is a slight decrease at the upper mids - presence area making for a more natural tonality reducing some echo or glare that it was otherwise present especially with some voices.

Yes, that's less than 6 lines about the sound, while they were more about confort and durability. So I got the filling that the main add of those dekoni are confort and durability. AND THIS MATTERS. Many will be interested by those. Thats not my case as they cost in Europe around 20% of THE RETAIL price of an HD660s and 25% more than the retail price of an HD650. So I went for another cable.and let me insure you that I'll have a much better improvment buy swapping for a better cable that the stock one.

I'm sure Dekonis are much better deals in the US than in Europe.

Anyway, the fenestrated pads for HD800 have a price range more coherent with the price of the cans. (but they have to be bought in Eastern Europe). I'm waiting for the review of those.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back