Denon AH-7200
Sep 1, 2016 at 6:23 AM Post #46 of 3,166
http://www.excite-webtl.jp/world/english/web/?wb_url=http%3A%2F%2Fav.watch.impress.co.jp%2Fdocs%2Fnews%2F1017162.html&wb_lp=JAEN

DENON's Flagship headphones is a "return to roots" project. 

1. Kentaro Yamasaki.

August 29, 2016 18:23

High-end headphone "AH-D7200"

It's expected to prepare the strong product line-up as commemoration 50th anniversary from meeting 50th anniversary after DENON releases a headphone of the first said company in 1966. The theme common to a new product is made "return to roots", and it's put up that the former technological succession and that are utilized for a new product and that a new trend is being also proposed at the same time.

That development is advanced as the high-end headphone which embodies the theme, "AH-D7200". It's expected to sell it in December and the price is uncertain. "It's expected to be able to deliver a little more detailed information in around October." and, I say.

Domestic Sales Department Miyahara profit of a marketing group, a warm, Mr.​

It's placed in succession of the highest rank headphone of a "MUSIC MANIAC" series released in 2012 "AH-D7100". Sales Department in DENON Miyahara profit of a marketing group, a warm, Mr., when coming near, I say "To the extent you hear "Doesn't a successor of D7100 go out?" from many customers every time D7100 participates in an event (related to headphone), the Legend model which is still popular. On the other hand there was a customer who has got away, too, because the outward appearance was forward (compared with high-end headphone before D7100). So it has been developed as the model who put the latest technology in simultaneously with the design with dear as a flag ship in D7200."

With a headphone of the closed type, the unit is the 50mm caliber. Such as adopting a conductor in 7N class as a cable using a nano fiber in a diaphragm, I say "It'll be the contents beyond a class."

Further, the sampler to which I say "The tone of the product edition still becomes better than this." is also exhibited in a meeting place. When it'll be heard actually, I'd like TORANJENTO very at high speed, and the resolution is also good. Part of the high force a product edition will be pleasantly was felt.

The inner parts​

Oct 3, 2016 at 8:53 AM Post #48 of 3,166
I believe the original announced release date is in December. I emailed Crutchfield about a month ago and they had no information. Phoned Denon USA and the customer service rep hadn't even heard about the 7200. Her comment to me was to keep checking the Denon website. She said they would be on the website whenever they were available and she wouldn't know about them before then either. 

Oct 3, 2016 at 9:38 AM Post #49 of 3,166
  FULLY CLOSED!
FULLY CLOSED!
FULLY CLOSED!
FULLY CLOSED!
PLEEEAAASSSEEEE!!!

beyersmile.png

x2    
beerchug.gif
​ 

Oct 3, 2016 at 7:21 PM Post #50 of 3,166
You could still close existing denon/fostex urself, and if u do it right, you could also make the the 7200 closed urself. Just seal all the ports around the baffle. But fully closed my not leave the luxury to make an adaption later. Careful what u wish for.

Oct 19, 2016 at 11:26 PM Post #51 of 3,166
Anyone else notice the pair of Denon headphones on the cover of the flyer for the upcoming Fujiya Avic heapdhone festival?...

Oct 21, 2016 at 11:43 AM Post #54 of 3,166
  More information has been released by the famous headphone store e-earphone in Japan.
The price would be 89,910円, which is about USD $853.

The look and feel is pretty much the same as the Fostex TH610. Just wonder how it sounds.

http://www.e-earphone.jp/blog/?p=60861

Good spot! 

Though I'd say these look quite different in the yokes than the 610. I think for many fans of the D2000/5000/7000 lines this harkens a return to form. I did own a AH-D600, and I quite enjoyed it. Something wasn't quite right in the frequency response, however, and now I greatly prefer my AH-D2000.

Interested to hear these. Build looks solid. 

Oct 21, 2016 at 1:20 PM Post #55 of 3,166
  Good spot! 

Though I'd say these look quite different in the yokes than the 610. I think for many fans of the D2000/5000/7000 lines this harkens a return to form. I did own a AH-D600, and I quite enjoyed it. Something wasn't quite right in the frequency response, however, and now I greatly prefer my AH-D2000.

Interested to hear these. Build looks solid. 

I own the AH-D600 also. The irregular shape of the headband has bothered me a lot in terms of the fit and comfort.
From the past experience, the new version may not be as good as the old one (e.g. D1001 and D1100; D7000 and D7100).
As Denon claims this product is to celebrate for its 50-years, I guess there would be a special edition for this headphone, just like the A100.

Oct 21, 2016 at 3:45 PM Post #57 of 3,166
As an owner of the ah-d600s, I loved these cans, specially for listening trance. They were my first serious hi-fi cans. Now having a couple of th610 and ah-d7000 I must admit I love the Denon's old sound signature.

The question I'd like to point out is... Who is now behind Denon building their new series of headphones? Fostex again?

Cheers.

Enviado desde mi H1

Oct 21, 2016 at 10:25 PM Post #58 of 3,166
I personally would love the fun, visceral signature of the old 5000/7000 series, but with a bit more mid-bass presence (for that 808 kickdrum) and less strident upper-mids and highs. That and less sound leakage. I wouldn't mind slight loss of soundstage width if they could make it a fully closed design. Also hoping for a driver design that scales well both upwards (with better amping) and downwards (more forgiving with 'ghetto' quality SoundCloud mixes). Give me all that, and Denon shall have my money, whatever they charge. Not holding my breath though. Every recent flagship headphone has disappointed me in some way, especially when they have such glaring faults compared to some mid-price headphones. They're all either too boring (neutrality is overrated), too sparkly bright (like you're listening to a tweeter) or too unforgiving (audiophiles like to pretend they're mastering engineers). Make a flaghship for my peasant tastes for once, headphone manufacturers!! The rich dudes in Hawaiian shirts with their ultra-res files and plutocrat money DACs already have enough flagships for their tastes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back