Denon AH-C300 Urban Raver and AH-C400 Music Maniac Discussion Thread
Jul 31, 2012 at 10:54 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 32

dweaver

Headphoneus Supremus
Thought I would start a thread for these two new babies to the market.

AH-C400 Music Maniac

AH-C300 Urban Raver

I am most interested in the Maniac model my self but the Raver has some very cool features (if it just wasn't described as bone jarring!!!). Anyway, have at everyone :)

Jul 31, 2012 at 11:03 PM Post #2 of 32
I will (hopefully) be getting my hands on the IEM, so stay tuned :)  

Jul 31, 2012 at 11:05 PM Post #3 of 32
which model?

Jul 31, 2012 at 11:10 PM Post #5 of 32
Cool, I have a friend who shall go nameless who just ordered a pair and is hoping to have them on Friday. With his permission I will post some of his comments. Damn I am half hoping they SUCK! or I am going to be moving some serious gear to get the money up. It sucks living in Canada, if I lived in the US I would have these already on order considering Amazon's price at $70 off retail.

Jul 31, 2012 at 11:13 PM Post #6 of 32
Quote:
Cool, I have a friend who shall go nameless who just ordered a pair and is hoping to have them on Friday. With his permission I will post some of his comments. Damn I am half hoping they SUCK! or I am going to be moving some serious gear to get the money up. It sucks living in Canada, if I lived in the US I would have these already on order considering Amazon's price at $70 off retail.

Nice...  

Jul 31, 2012 at 11:18 PM Post #7 of 32
I'll be very interested in how the AH-C400 Music Maniac sound. I just checked the price though, they would need to prove themselves pretty damn worthy first!

Jul 31, 2012 at 11:21 PM Post #8 of 32
I agree, at their price point they will have to be good... But look at how good the PFE232 is with only 2 drivers. But I am waiting to hear from my friend and from Tinyman392 :)

Jul 31, 2012 at 11:24 PM Post #9 of 32
Quote:
I agree, at their price point they will have to be good... But look at how good the PFE232 is with only 2 drivers. But I am waiting to hear from my friend and from Tinyman392 :)

I honestly have no idea what to expect.  I had no idea what to expect with the 232s when I first got them.  To be honest, when I first got the 232, I was a little overwhelmed, but they grow on you...  They really do.  2 Drivers is enough, it's the tuning I'm more interested in.  

Jul 31, 2012 at 11:29 PM Post #10 of 32
agree 100% they could have 10 drivers each but if tuned wrong, who cares...

Oct 10, 2012 at 10:06 AM Post #14 of 32
Just to bring this thread back alive a little, tonight I got to test out the Denon AH-C300's and I absolutely love these bad boys. If you like bass in a giant room, this is the phone to get. Now I'm just a newb, but when I compared these to my ATH-CKS90 there was a very big difference, the AH-C300 made my Technica's feel a little muddy with the bass and the rest of the range of sounds were definitely more defined and clear in the Denon's. I'm really tempted to buy these as my Technica's cable has mysteriously snapped, but it's quite a big price jump IMO.

Interesting factors about the AH-C300's is that the volume control are at the ear piece, if used with an iPhone it'll take calls by pressing the button in the earpiece/play if you're listening to music, the mic is built into the ear piece as well on the left ear, and finally when used with the camera function, the button on the earpiece will act as the shutter as well. That's about all I know as far as features on it. Just thinking of it makes me want to run out and buy it now...damnit... 

In a nutshell, if you like EDM music with oomph in them, get it if your budget allows!

Oct 10, 2012 at 2:15 PM Post #15 of 32
Thanks for the input, however, I would like to know more details like the quality of the mids, highs, etc, and preferably if you have heard anything better than the ATH-CKS90.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back