Denon AH-D400 vs V-Moda M100?
Jan 14, 2013 at 12:26 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 19

Rewkie

100+ Head-Fier
I want the most brutal bass. I really like the Denons amp/controls but I like theV-Modas portability. So it all comes down to two things. The bass level. And the comfort. I have beats pros and I'm going to sell them for one of these headphones because they are EXTREMELY uncomfortable. Heavy,tight,and my ears are scrunched up against the plastic inside the earcups. So if these headphones have any of these problems,ill have to look elsewhere for the cure to my bass addiction...

Jan 14, 2013 at 1:00 AM Post #3 of 19
I own the M-100's and they do have a pretty big bass boost. I can't comment on the D400 though as I haven't touched it before.
One thing about the M-100's is that you might find the earcups a bit shallow, which means your ears might press against the driver enclosure of the earpieces. You can check out my Head-Fi review here, or my slightly different review for them on Amazon.com's M-100 webpage, or my video review on YouTube.

As for the most brutal bass, I'm not sure what that means, but if you want a lot of bass, the M-100 plus a ZO2 amplifier sound pretty darn bassy without it sounding muddy and ruining the rest of the frequency spectrum like most other basshead headphones I've read about (e.g. Ultrasone).

Oh, one big advantage of V-MODA over Denon is the 60-day test trial. If you purchase a product from V-MODA, or one of their authorised resellers such as Amazon, you can return the product for a full refund within 60 days of purchase. So if you end up not liking the M-100's you can return it for a full refund.

Jan 14, 2013 at 1:04 AM Post #4 of 19
What I meant by brutal is,well,if you have ever heard scatta,scary monsters and nice sprites,or bangarang,you can clearly tell that the bass in those songs is very "brutal". And I would like to wait for another person with an opinion on the denons to comment before I decide...

Jan 14, 2013 at 1:37 AM Post #6 of 19
D400 has better comfort and M100 is more accurately priced. Bass performance should be the same. There you go.

Jan 14, 2013 at 1:53 AM Post #10 of 19
Probably gonna go with the v-modas. I travel A LOT so that would probably be best. As long as they are more comfortable than the pros. They are more comfortable than the pros,right?

Jan 14, 2013 at 1:58 AM Post #11 of 19
Quote:
Holy mackerel, the D400 is priced at $500? You've got to be kidding me! I've read reviews for the new Denon line and they look pretty "meh" for the price.

The D400's MSRP is $400. The one at 500 is the D600 actually, which is supposed to be *serious* about audio quality. The D400 is loaded with gimmicks to appeal more the Beats crowd.

Jan 14, 2013 at 1:58 AM Post #12 of 19
Quote:
Probably gonna go with the v-modas. I travel A LOT so that would probably be best. As long as they are more comfortable than the pros. They are more comfortable than the pros,right?

Yeah for the most part. The M-100's squishy earpads might make your ear press against the driver enclosure, but you can stuff the lip of the earpad with paper towel pieces to help with that.

The Pro's earpads were super stiff and hard on my head if I recall correctly. You can adjust the M-100's clamping force, which you can't really do with the Pro's.

Jan 14, 2013 at 2:05 AM Post #15 of 19
Quote:
Quote:
Holy mackerel, the D400 is priced at $500? You've got to be kidding me! I've read reviews for the new Denon line and they look pretty "meh" for the price.

The D400's MSRP is $400. The one at 500 is the D600 actually, which is supposed to be *serious* about audio quality. The D400 is loaded with gimmicks to appeal more the Beats crowd.

Oh yeah, you're right. My bad.
Still, to Denon: "are you inSaiyan?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back