Denon AH-MM400
Nov 6, 2017 at 1:24 PM Post #1,321 of 1,435
The annoying thing about AliExpress is that delivery time might as well be listed as 5 years.

If lying down while listening is your thing, or a factor, then the MM400 are small and compact enough that the pillow doesn't get in the way. Trying the same with the Elear or SRH1540 always ends with a thorough beating of the pillow while lying on it to clear enough room for them!
4 weeks, free shipping and no customs clearing costs. Quick response from seller when asked a question.

Nov 6, 2017 at 1:30 PM Post #1,322 of 1,435
Honestly unless you have done A/B testing side by side and focused on details and tonality you should stop saying this. You have no basis for your claims other than look and price.

... and the judgement of three of my friends who have also experience with other expensive headphones. Did you try the B8 yet?

I went to a hifi exhibition lately and compared them to a range of expensive cans, went home smiling ...

Nov 6, 2017 at 2:13 PM Post #1,323 of 1,435
I've got both the Boss and Denon - my personal preference is the Denon but on testing with a group of 5 other people -4 preferred the b8 - I found the highs slightly to much and the sub bass impact slightly less. I do agree the b8 was more comfortable to my head but they are bulkier and the Denon are more compact for portable use.
I have spent many hours with both and enjoy both - the Denon is the one I would keep but the b8 is a great cheaper alternative.
Alright, well I am still waiting to test both and see. there are no official measurements I can find on the B8 so I have no idea the type of sound signature that it has.

Nov 10, 2017 at 1:17 AM Post #1,324 of 1,435
Hey guys! I don't suppose anyone of you using replacement pads on your phones would be willing to sell me your original ones? I bought a pair with the ATH pads many seems to be using, and the treble is simply way too hot comfort. I also have trouble positioning them properly on my strangely shaped and slightly narrow head. Original replacement pads costs 1000nok (approx. $121) over here, and I simply can't justify that price :x

Nov 10, 2017 at 3:56 AM Post #1,325 of 1,435
Hey guys! I don't suppose anyone of you using replacement pads on your phones would be willing to sell me your original ones? I bought a pair with the ATH pads many seems to be using, and the treble is simply way too hot comfort. I also have trouble positioning them properly on my strangely shaped and slightly narrow head. Original replacement pads costs 1000nok (approx. $121) over here, and I simply can't justify that price :x
You can get replacement pads on Amazon UK (shipped from China) or AliExpress for about a tenth of that price. They don't look original, but they do look quite good.

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/pr...R-V55-7502-Headphones/111495_32338866111.html

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product...ff4-e926d27e7d1b&pf_rd_r=AT5BGZEK03ZGD0JK51GC

Last edited:
Nov 10, 2017 at 4:03 AM Post #1,326 of 1,435
You can get replacement pads on Amazon UK or AliExpress for about a tenth of that price. They don't look original, but they do look quite good.

I found some info online suggesting quite the opposite. Either way I want the original size and fit as the larger pads while comfy and providing a true around-ear option, simply doesn't fit my ears too well.

Nov 18, 2017 at 10:51 PM Post #1,327 of 1,435
I have ordered a OFC custom cable for it for around $18 on ebay. It came in but I haven't had a chance to test it yet.
The length of the cable is why I purchased it as I find the stock MM400 cables a bit too short.

Nov 19, 2017 at 3:16 AM Post #1,328 of 1,435
I have ordered a OFC custom cable for it for around $18 on ebay. It came in but I haven't had a chance to test it yet.
The length of the cable is why I purchased it as I find the stock MM400 cables a bit too short.

Dude new cabling has no real impact on any speaker or headset unless the original ones were made of braided noodles with poor PVC-insulation. It only matters as long as it's for the microphonics. Just keep the capacitance as low as possible for line cable and inductance as low as possible for speaker cable and you should be set normal non-OFC copper. Most copper utilized in cables is just as pure as OFC anyways.

Nov 19, 2017 at 3:33 AM Post #1,329 of 1,435
Dude new cabling has no real impact on any speaker or headset unless the original ones were made of braided noodles with poor PVC-insulation. It only matters as long as it's for the microphonics. Just keep the capacitance as low as possible for line cable and inductance as low as possible for speaker cable and you should be set normal non-OFC copper. Most copper utilized in cables is just as pure as OFC anyways.

I'm not expecting a sound quality increase. I wanted a longer cable since the stock ones are too short.

Feb 5, 2018 at 11:54 PM Post #1,332 of 1,435
How they fit to normal/big ears?

I have normal sized ears, a little wider than average and find the MM-400 to be one of the more comfortable portable headphones. In Japan, I tried a set where the user had modified the fabric between the pad and housing to provide a little more depth. Basically, he had torn the rear of the fabric away from the mount plate, I found that to be more comfortable than stock.

With MSR-7 pads, my ears don't even contact the drivers as they're slightly angled. Either way, great comfort for a portable headphone, especially the headband which is nicely padded and spreads weight evenly.

Feb 6, 2018 at 2:31 AM Post #1,333 of 1,435
Basically I ordered them not for portable use.

My purpose is bedroom/pillow use in a very neat chain (iPhone-Mojo).

I am referring about the original pads and my ear are normal to big size.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back