Diana: the second release by Abyss Headphones!
Aug 14, 2015 at 12:59 PM Post #31 of 7,402

As long as it's comfortable.
ph34r.gif

(I've never worn an on-ear headphone that was comfortable, and I have smaller than average ears.)

You should definitely take a listen to some of Sony's on-ears, then, just out of curiosity.  The XB line, while too bass-bloated, are, as I mentioned, EXTREMELY comfortable.  Sony really has their comfort-game down pat, if you ask me :wink:

Aug 14, 2015 at 1:01 PM Post #32 of 7,402
I hope it will look less wird on our head than the BIG one.

Aug 14, 2015 at 1:23 PM Post #33 of 7,402
Which one is much more comfortable?HD 800 or the little momentum from Sennheiser?400 or 150 gramm?

Headphones will be smaller in the future,i was seeing and hearing some prototypes from.......and......

I was surpriced but at this time,most of the Companys try to make the Easy money with the old story!

Regrads Nomax

Aug 14, 2015 at 1:29 PM Post #34 of 7,402

Some do. Personally, I prefer headphones over speakers, and won't be able to use speakers anyway until I move into a place without roommates.

I started with phones and headfi  and I've still got my 600's  (bit battered now) I sold my little dot (1) but the thing is I got the upgrade bug and a massive world of high end hifi was very welcoming and I've got to say it's a massive lifestyle choice. Loving it for sure. I was 27 when I got the bug and that was 15 years ago. High end is a great pursuit and in all its guises for most it's still about the music.  

Aug 14, 2015 at 1:33 PM Post #35 of 7,402
Which one is much more comfortable?HD 800 or the little momentum from Sennheiser?400 or 150 gramm?

Headphones will be smaller in the future,i was seeing and hearing some prototypes from.......and......

I was surpriced but at this time,most of the Companys try to make the Easy money with the old story!

Regrads Nomax

Over-ear headphones have a more realistic spatial presentation (due to involvement of the pinnae), even more so the ones with angled drivers, that's the reason why they're preferred by most listeners, apart from wearing comfort.

I'm curious how far JPS Labs will get with Diana. The hard-earned money won't be a bonus if it doesn't fit the preferences of the potential users.

Aug 14, 2015 at 1:36 PM Post #36 of 7,402
lol. ...high-end expensive ON-EAR but OPEN pair of planar headphones?

I can't seem to think of a need such a device will fulfill. can't be used as a true portable d/t open design, and on-ear is typically worse for comfort compared to over-ear headphones for home usage.

I would recommend either going over-ear open or on-ear closed. there is a reason there are no such products as on-ear open as those two elements kind of contradict each other: on-ear allows for a sleeker design for portable usage at the expense of long-term comfort while the purpose of open headphones is for home listening where noise isolation is not required.

Aug 14, 2015 at 1:43 PM Post #37 of 7,402
Over-ear headphones have a more realistic spatial presentation (due to involvement of the pinnae), even more so the ones with angled drivers, that's the reason why they're preferred by most listeners, apart from wearing comfort.

I'm curious how far JPS Labs will get with Diana. The hard-earned money won't be a bonus if it doesn't fit the preferences of the potential users.

That's one positive of an Over Ear,yes thats right but a very good ON EAR Contruction can sound great,i was hearing in the past some prototypes from Others(not JPS!) and was surpriced!

I think Joe&Eric will do a Great Job with DIANA-THE WORLD'S FIRST REAL HIGH END ON EAR

NOMAX

Aug 14, 2015 at 1:49 PM Post #38 of 7,402
In this Case We can not Judge about the sound from an ON EAR in the Higher Pricerange!
Why?because it don't exist at this time from other company

DIANA will be the first!

NOMAX

Aug 14, 2015 at 2:03 PM Post #39 of 7,402

Regrads Nomax

The HD 800 is far more comfortable for me than the MOMENTUM (original over-ear version). And the MOMENTUM On-Ear isn't comfortable for me.

I started with phones and headfi  and I've still got my 600's  (bit battered now) I sold my little dot (1) but the thing is I got the upgrade bug and a massive world of high end hifi was very welcoming and I've got to say it's a massive lifestyle choice. Loving it for sure. I was 27 when I got the bug and that was 15 years ago. High end is a great pursuit and in all its guises for most it's still about the music.  

I'll definitely get into high-end speakers sooner or later...probably much later, since there are so many tricky factors to work out, besides the higher cost.

lol. ...high-end expensive ON-EAR but OPEN pair of planar headphones?

I can't seem to think of a need such a device will fulfill. can't be used as a true portable d/t open design, and on-ear is typically worse for comfort compared to over-ear headphones for home usage.

I would recommend either going over-ear open or on-ear closed. there is a reason there are no such products as on-ear open as those two elements kind of contradict each other: on-ear allows for a sleeker design for portable usage at the expense of long-term comfort while the purpose of open headphones is for home listening where noise isolation is not required.

The Yamaha HPH-200 is one example of an open on-ear headphone. I haven't heard that one, though. There are at least a few others, but not ultra-high-end.

I concur with your general assessment. But still, the novelty of the Diana remains intriguing.

In this Case We can not Judge about the sound from an ON EAR in the Higher Pricerange!
Why?because it don't exist at this time from other company

DIANA will be the first!

NOMAX

I don't doubt that it will sound good. The real question (for me at least) is how it will sound compared to the AB-1266.
evil_smiley.gif

Aug 14, 2015 at 2:33 PM Post #40 of 7,402
We have to many Over Ear HP's with this very overlarged Cups!

It's the right time to show a other way

Nomax

There are so many cars with 4 wheels , why not try something else
biggrin.gif

As long as it's comfortable.
ph34r.gif

(I've never worn an on-ear headphone that was comfortable, and I have smaller than average ears.)

+1
My better half has some Bose on ear noise cancelling headphones. While the noise cancelling on a plane is just a delight compared to the cabin noise, the comfort or better discomfort for anything longer than 30 mins is a pain.

Aug 14, 2015 at 3:10 PM Post #42 of 7,402

This IS entertaining :p

Edit:  I should, however, add that I do in fact agree with most of the folks here that an ON-EAR OPEN-BACKED pair of cans in this summit-fi luxury price-range is probably a terrible idea, lol.

Aug 14, 2015 at 4:52 PM Post #43 of 7,402
For AK240&AK380 owners we don't have a good sounding HP!
AUDEZE?ULTRASONE?Etc etc?all to overlarged Cups!!

I think DIANA will be the best Partner for ASTELL&KERN

Regards Nomax

Aug 14, 2015 at 5:21 PM Post #44 of 7,402
Hopefully it will measure better than the AB-1266.

Aug 14, 2015 at 7:35 PM Post #45 of 7,402
I'm sure they wouldn't release something that was horribly uncomfortable and charge $3k for it because they wouldn't sell any - they're not idiots - I reckon you'd be pretty safe to say they will be comfortable. They have proven in the past that they can push the boundaries of what you expect from a pair of headphones.

On a side note, I thought the names of the headphones would be 'JPS Labs Abyss' and 'JPS Labs Diana'. Not Abyss AB1266 and Abyss Diana...

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back