Diana: the second release by Abyss Headphones!
Nov 17, 2023 at 1:03 PM Post #6,616 of 7,431
I just got my hands on a pair of Diana V2s and absolutely love them so far; everything I loved about my Modhouse Argon Mk3's but with a clean smooth treble response and realistic mid-range (and wow, are they "open"). The one thing that's been a challenge however is comfort while wearing glasses, perhaps because of the lack of ear cup swivel. I'm currently using the stock V2 pads, but am curious if anyone else has found a solution or set of pads that work better?
I wear glasses and haven’t had any issues. But I used the headphone pad from Amazon from the very beginning.

Nov 17, 2023 at 1:14 PM Post #6,617 of 7,431
Vegan pads are a comfy option, note though they will soften the highs slightly.

Also adding a pad to the underside of the headband raises overall height on your head which lets you drop down the sliders a notch on one (half step) or both sides, reducing clamp pressure.

Contact us if you want an adhesive pad for the underside. Being in NY no issue to ship, or our website gives you the option to add a pad to any ear pad order.

FYI the new Diana MR has redesigned headband internals, easiest way to describe it is 'more floppy', so it twists and has less clamp force than prior models.

ABYSS Headphones We engineer, machine, and build our headphones from scratch in New York, USA. Stay updated on ABYSS Headphones at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/AbyssHeadphones https://twitter.com/AbyssHeadphones https://www.instagram.com/abyssheadphones/ https://abyss-headphones.com/ info@Abyss-Headphones.com
Nov 17, 2023 at 1:55 PM Post #6,618 of 7,431
I just got my hands on a pair of Diana V2s and absolutely love them so far; everything I loved about my Modhouse Argon Mk3's but with a clean smooth treble response and realistic mid-range (and wow, are they "open"). The one thing that's been a challenge however is comfort while wearing glasses, perhaps because of the lack of ear cup swivel. I'm currently using the stock V2 pads, but am curious if anyone else has found a solution or set of pads that work better?
i assume u have not yet bought a sennheiser 280 headband yet?

Nov 20, 2023 at 12:05 AM Post #6,621 of 7,431
Anyone hear have both the Vegan and leather bass ported pads? Was wondering whats the difference in SQ? I do have the vegan bass ported ones but curious how the leather ones sound. Thank you
More treble bite, IMO. Some people like the brighter treble. For me, it's too much, which is why I use the Vegan pads.

Nov 20, 2023 at 8:33 AM Post #6,623 of 7,431
Can some people describe their experience about TC and MR?
What did you like more (or less) and why?

One Youtuber mentioned that he likes MR most coz it offers vibration in some scenes of movies.
Has MR really more bass?

Nov 20, 2023 at 8:46 AM Post #6,624 of 7,431

One Youtuber mentioned that he likes MR most coz it offers vibration in some scenes of movies.
Has MR really more bass?
I never owned the TC nor demoed it so do not know how it compares. But compared to what I own or previously owned namely Sennheiser 600s2, 800s, HE1K stealth, Focal Clear MG and even with my Susvara the MR has more bass to my ears

Nov 20, 2023 at 9:33 AM Post #6,625 of 7,431
I never owned the TC nor demoed it so do not know how it compares. But compared to what I own or previously owned namely Sennheiser 600s2, 800s, HE1K stealth, Focal Clear MG and even with my Susvara the MR has more bass to my ears
Which headphone is your favorite?
MR? 🐣

Nov 20, 2023 at 9:55 AM Post #6,626 of 7,431

Has MR really more bass?
Spent multiple hours over 2 days with both. Tac has more detail, treble presence. Also, I can't listen to it for more than 5-10 minutes without a headache. Too much treble presence, for me. MR is still detailed, but more relaxed, and something I can sit and listen to for multiple hours. I use vegan pads, as the leather pads were also too much treble for me to enjoy personally. TC is a detail monster, but that monster part shows up pretty quickly, IMO.

Nov 20, 2023 at 6:32 PM Post #6,629 of 7,431
Spent multiple hours over 2 days with both. Tac has more detail, treble presence. Also, I can't listen to it for more than 5-10 minutes without a headache. Too much treble presence, for me. MR is still detailed, but more relaxed, and something I can sit and listen to for multiple hours. I use vegan pads, as the leather pads were also too much treble for me to enjoy personally. TC is a detail monster, but that monster part shows up pretty quickly, IMO.

Is the soundstage still very narrow? For me, the V2 has always been the Inear Headphone of expensive headphones

Users who are viewing this thread

Back