Dita Audio Flagship - "The Dream"
Jun 4, 2017 at 7:17 AM Post #316 of 569
Arrived Tuesday direct from Dita (Sole UK dealer no current plans to offer the Dream but may review). Way to vague so contacted Desmond great service next day delivery !

Currently paired with my AK240 balanced. Answer Truth was my go to but the Dream has raised the bar. Can’t wait to pair with Sp 1000.

Jun 4, 2017 at 8:37 AM Post #317 of 569
Enjoy! I am pairing with the Opus#2 and it is a sweet pairing. I occasionally use my LG G6 but it maxes out the volume and isn't obviously as good of a pairing as it is with the Opus#2

Jun 4, 2017 at 11:48 AM Post #318 of 569
Congratz on the Dream....

Just curious, but I wanted to know what are the serial numbers that have started going out since the long hiatus for the dream sales. I know that it stopped at 5 since that was what they sold during the Canjam, so can I assume that yours should also be roughly in that range and up?

On another note, I really do think that the Dream goes best with a copper cable. Not the kind of copper cable that emphasizes too much of the bass, but a good, copper cable that just expands on the sound signature. The stock truth cable seems abit too focused on its highs, which is why I fully concur with the idea that the Dream seems to go better with the copper dita cable. I'm at roughly 300 hours burn in, and the bass region (on the stock truth cable) is just starting to get that nice presence reminiscence of a copper cable without being muddy and uncontrolled.

Thank goodness I have other IEMS to tide me over while I slowly let this cook (and rest) on a dedicated player 24/7 lol....The waiting game is agonizing...

Last edited:
Jun 4, 2017 at 1:07 PM Post #319 of 569
I think my serial number is 227. I should have a Truth Copper cable coming at some point. It seems so fundamental, but the seal makes all of the difference. My go to tips are JVC Spiral Dots Lrg. I do not achieve a great seal with those on the Dream, it is a first. I think that the shell's footprint is so thin and the angle of the nozzle impedes my seal. I never get a good seal with SpinFit so I never use them and they are in a kept in a bag unused. To my surprise I tried the SpinFit and they provide a perfect seal. The more narrow bore doesn't appear to be diminishing the stage. The bass is now pretty damn incredible, when I achieved a good seal with the Spiral Dots I could get a taste at the perfect bass.

I burn-in anytime I am not using them. I also have some other great IEM's but I just can't get enough of the sound signature of the Dream. The stage is great and the space between notes delivers a sweet presentation. It really is some of the best bass I have experienced. My rotating IEM's at the moment are the Dream, Zeus XRA and Vision Ears VE8

Jun 4, 2017 at 4:13 PM Post #320 of 569

Just curious, but I wanted to know what are the serial numbers that have started going out since the long hiatus for the dream sales. I know that it stopped at 5 since that was what they sold during the Canjam, so can I assume that yours should also be roughly in that range and up?

On another note, I really do think that the Dream goes best with a copper cable. Not the kind of copper cable that emphasizes too much of the bass, but a good, copper cable that just expands on the sound signature. The stock truth cable seems abit too focused on its highs, which is why I fully concur with the idea that the Dream seems to go better with the copper dita cable. I'm at roughly 300 hours burn in, and the bass region (on the stock truth cable) is just starting to get that nice presence reminiscence of a copper cable without being muddy and uncontrolled.

Thank goodness I have other IEMS to tide me over while I slowly let this cook (and rest) on a dedicated player 24/7 lol....The waiting game is agonizing...
# 229

Jun 4, 2017 at 6:09 PM Post #322 of 569

Could you compare the sound difference between the 2 Truth cables and the 1960 4 wires that I believe you recommended as a good pairing with the Dream as well.

Jun 5, 2017 at 6:19 AM Post #323 of 569
My feelings regarding the copper vs truth mirrors an earlier post which describes the differences between the two.

However, I felt that the 1969, specifically 4 wire, added a much better staging that was holographic rather than a simple horizontal expansion. This kicked the resolution and separation up one notch from the standard truth. In addition, it gave the mods and lower mids a very, very slight bump to add a little more body to vocals.

All in all, the 4 wire 1960 shifted the song a little south of neutral reference, but made it that much more musical and full bodied experience that only comes with a dynamic.

Oh, I forgot to add, that bumping it to 4 wire also made it a little more power hungry. It's not a volume thing per say, but notes sounded anemic without an amp or a player with juice to spare. My 380CU was struggling to achieve the presence the for a had with an amp.

Jun 5, 2017 at 6:25 AM Post #324 of 569
My feelings regarding the copper vs truth mirrors an earlier post which describes the differences between the two.

However, I felt that the 1969, specifically 4 wire, added a much better staging that was holographic rather than a simple horizontal expansion. This kicked the resolution and separation up one notch from the standard truth. In addition, it gave the mods and lower mids a very, very slight bump to add a little more body to vocals.

All in all, the 4 wire 1960 shifted the song a little south of neutral reference, but made it that much more musical and full bodied experience that only comes with a dynamic.

Oh, I forgot to add, that bumping it to 4 wire also made it a little more power hungry. It's not a volume thing per say, but notes sounded anemic without an amp or a player with juice to spare. My 380CU was struggling to achieve the presence the for a had with an amp.

Does, according to you, the 1Z drive the Dream with 1960 4 wires well off the name balance plug?

If you have a chance, would you mind posting a picture of the dream and the 4 wires 1960 as you mentioned previously that it would not look as neat as the truth.

Jun 5, 2017 at 6:36 AM Post #325 of 569
Does, according to you, the 1Z drive the Dream with 1960 4 wires well off the name balance plug?

If you have a chance, would you mind posting a picture of the dream and the 4 wires 1960 as you mentioned previously that it would not look as neat as the truth.

Sorry, but i think i dont really get the question...'neat'? :confused:

Anyway, I wish I could, but my 1960 has yet to arrive. Or, to be specific, I'm waiting for Furutech to release their 4.4 balanced before the shop I frequent will go ahead with building the wire. My experience with the 1960, was with a friend's 4 wire 1960 terminated to the Pentaconn OFC plug, which seems to be consistently out of stock. Currently, I have no intention of cable rolling with the Dream, as the revised dream cable is such a tight fit, that I dont want to make any unnecessary cable changes that will cause needless socket wear. I foresee that the next time I cable roll will simply be to swap the 1960 in, and then it will be left on as it is. If i need another 1960, I think that I will just bite the bullet and buy another wire....as much as the price makes it a painful choice to stomach.

If it is the 1Z, as the test back then, then I'd say that you are safe to go ahead with the dream+4 wire +1Z rig.

Oh yes, do note that DITA copper VDH replacement cable, is not the same as the stock dream cable. The stock dream cabe has a slightly different 2pin housing, that allows it to sit flush with the dream unit. The standard replacement cable does not have that, and hence will not look as seamless as the stock Dream cable.

Last edited:
Jun 6, 2017 at 3:10 PM Post #326 of 569
Just a few thoughts on the Dream:
  • The narrow bore tips work the best for me, for achieving the best balance between the treble and midrange (with the stock SPC).
  • The Sony WM1Z is indeed the best 'end-game' dap for the Dream specifically (or at least compared to my RWAK380 and LPG).
  • The Dream's signature changes quite a bit well after 200 hours of burn. It starts out quite dark which gives it a unique atmosphere, but the bass becomes significantly more controlled, resulting in a cleaner presentation. It also loses a bit of its original raw power in terms of quantity, there will always be a tradeoff of course. I burned the Dream along with the Sony, I think have almost 500 hours on it. Not that you need that much per se, but just as frame of reference.

Jun 6, 2017 at 4:42 PM Post #327 of 569
I agree about the narrow bore. Spiral Dots are generally my go to but with the Dream I prefer Spinfit. Also, I really like the Opus#2 dap pairing. It requires high gain and a lot of volume but sounds great.

Jun 6, 2017 at 11:23 PM Post #329 of 569
I agree about the narrow bore. Spiral Dots are generally my go to but with the Dream I prefer Spinfit. Also, I really like the Opus#2 dap pairing. It requires high gain and a lot of volume but sounds great.

If you could provide any comparison between the Dream and Zeus XRA it would be appreciated. If I end up getting the Dream I would probably also get another 1960's cable.

Jun 7, 2017 at 1:11 AM Post #330 of 569
Just a few thoughts on the Dream:
  • The narrow bore tips work the best for me, for achieving the best balance between the treble and midrange (with the stock SPC).
  • The Sony WM1Z is indeed the best 'end-game' dap for the Dream specifically (or at least compared to my RWAK380 and LPG).
  • The Dream's signature changes quite a bit well after 200 hours of burn. It starts out quite dark which gives it a unique atmosphere, but the bass becomes significantly more controlled, resulting in a cleaner presentation. It also loses a bit of its original raw power in terms of quantity, there will always be a tradeoff of course. I burned the Dream along with the Sony, I think have almost 500 hours on it. Not that you need that much per se, but just as frame of reference.

Hmm...strange...I found it the opposite. I personally went for the spiral dots over all the other tipss. I found the stock tips too thin and anemic, which I why I wanted the spiral dots to add some body and texture to the mids and lowers.

But, here is the caveat. The Dita Dream main unit itself will keep changing in subtle ways even past the 400 hours, with its mids and bass gaining more body and authority, while its treble extends a little more beyond that treble ceiling it seemed to have at the start. The Dream main unit itself has had about 300-400 hours of burn in time.

The cable tho, is an entirely different headache. I have been running the cable in since I got in in March, and it only started settling down to a signature that I found less 'peaky' and full bodied, only at the 800-900 hour mark...That is like around 6-7 weeks of constant burn in (with intermittent rest times in the middle.

Frankly, having heard lots of IEMS, I still rank the Dream as up there, above all the competitors, and even the Tia Forte, which to me sounded incoherent relative to the dream(not that the Tia forte is actually incoherent, but its jsut a notch below the dream in spatial resolution with some instruments sounding in an orchestra sounding disjointed from the rest). But, that is only after it has had so much time and effort put into both cable and unit. Its frankly a pain in the a** to burn in and tweak these dynamic iems, but the results will more than reward you.

That said, I'm going to try the Lola later, for which I frankly have little hopes for. Not because I think that it will be a bad iem, but because I reckon that 1) it has had little to no burn in and 2)few shops put in enough effort to properly burn in their stuff for customers to audition.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back