Dita Audio Flagship - "The Dream"
Jun 28, 2017 at 6:57 AM Post #363 of 569
What tips are you guys using.
I am a comply foam guy due to confort and isolation, but the sound changes a lot with different tips on those.
The wide bore silicone has interesting trebles.

Edit: typos everywhere

Last edited:
Jun 28, 2017 at 7:56 AM Post #364 of 569
I generally use JVC Spiral Dots, a wide bore, they are my go to tip. I prefer a more narrow bore with the Dream. The Final Audio are a good narrow bore tip. I have used JVC with the Dream and sometimes I switch to those.

Jul 9, 2017 at 5:51 AM Post #367 of 569
I had interest in the DIta Dream, but the re-2000 wins.

They are both excellent with very different signatures.

The dream is crystal clear and a little strident depending on the tips. It's more analytical yet also more "fun". I found myself preferring comply foam to tone down the sound a little.

The RE2K is smoother, more liquid sounding with excellent soundstage and resolution, sounds best with silicone tips.

Jul 9, 2017 at 9:08 AM Post #368 of 569
They are both excellent with very different signatures.

The dream is crystal clear and a little strident depending on the tips. It's more analytical yet also more "fun". I found myself preferring comply foam to tone down the sound a little.

The RE2K is smoother, more liquid sounding with excellent soundstage and resolution, sounds best with silicone tips.
I think the air around each note in the Dream is some of the most impressive I have heard, not to mention the stage and separation.

Last edited:
Jul 9, 2017 at 4:34 PM Post #369 of 569
I think the air around each note in the Dream is some of the most impressive I have heard, not to mention the stage and separation.
If you've heard the RE2K I would be interested to hear your opinion :) I find the RE2K to be more accurate in soundstage to be honest, but the air around the notes of the dream is greater.

Jul 11, 2017 at 5:10 AM Post #370 of 569
Now I know the subject of burn-in can cause arguments, but when I first listened to the Dream I found the sub-bass to be overly present, and the highs peaky.

I left them playing overnight for a couple of days, and have gone back and now the bass is punchier and less full, and the highs are not sharp or peaky.

I had to swap to Comply tips before as I found them quite sharp, now I'm back listening with Silicone tips, very odd.

Yes it could just be my brain.

Jul 11, 2017 at 6:25 AM Post #371 of 569
Now I know the subject of burn-in can cause arguments, but when I first listened to the Dream I found the sub-bass to be overly present, and the highs peaky.

I left them playing overnight for a couple of days, and have gone back and now the bass is punchier and less full, and the highs are not sharp or peaky.

I had to swap to Comply tips before as I found them quite sharp, now I'm back listening with Silicone tips, very odd.

Yes it could just be my brain.
I burned mine in for around 400 hours...sound has improved greatly

Users who are viewing this thread

Back