Dunu DK-3001 IEM - 4 driver, 1Dynamic + 3BA
Jun 14, 2017 at 2:46 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 543

Dobrescu George

Reviewer: AudiophileHeaven
We should have an official thread for DK-3001! It is an amazing IEM and totally deserves its own thread along with more recognition!

Images and information from Dunu's site:

3001-2.png

3001-3.png

3001-1.png

3001-4.png

Specifications

Drivers: Dynamic(13mm)*1 + Balanced Armature*3
Frequency range: 5 Hz-40 KHz
Impedance: 13Ω
Sensitivity: 110±2dB
Connections: 3.5mm Gold-plated SE + 2.5mm Gold-plated Balanced cable
Cable: 1.2m
Weight: 31g

DK-3001 Premium Hybrid 4way in-ear headphone

The MMCX detachable plug and socket design on the cable offers endless choice of replacement and upgrade.

Premium triple balanced armature drivers produce perfect transient response while retain a nature yet
energetic sound, to recreate a impressive life-like experience.

Premium delicate metal craft, high precision engineering designed S316 stainless housing decrease harmonic resonance to ensure the high definition sound and durability.

Reviews:

https://www.head-fi.org/f/showcase/...hone-for-high-resource-sound-generator.22237/

Headlines extracted from reviews so far:

- Extremely Clear
- Extremely Detailed
- Amazing textures
- Natural with a smidgen of warmth
- Amazing Build Quality
- Lots of useful accessories

Let's keep the impressions coming!

Full review coming to Audiophile Heaven as well!

Last edited:
Jun 14, 2017 at 2:49 PM Post #2 of 543
@Brooko @ryanjsoo @EZE99 reviewed Dunu DK-3001 already and from my understanding, it was very well received!

My experience so far is very good as well, it took me 10 minutes to understand how the fit works, now it is one of the most comfortable IEMs I tried. I think that it takes a bit until one adjusts to the special type of fit Dunu went for, but it works amazingly well for me in the end!

Jun 14, 2017 at 9:36 PM Post #3 of 543
Good to see a thread for this earphone George, I certainly enjoyed them and I know Brooko did too! In terms of fit, I might just have smaller ears, they do take a bit of fiddling to get a proper fit. Spinfits do help distance the earphones from the ear as the ridge on the inner surface can cause discomfort. Otherwise, the build and sound on these earphones is stellar, they're similar in quality but slightly more vivid than the CA Nova which is a fabulous earphone.

Jun 15, 2017 at 12:05 AM Post #5 of 543
Good to see a thread for this earphone George, I certainly enjoyed them and I know Brooko did too! In terms of fit, I might just have smaller ears, they do take a bit of fiddling to get a proper fit. Spinfits do help distance the earphones from the ear as the ridge on the inner surface can cause discomfort. Otherwise, the build and sound on these earphones is stellar, they're similar in quality but slightly more vivid than the CA Nova which is a fabulous earphone.

I'm very glad to hear that you enjoyed them! One of the best IEMs I heard in my entire life, that's for sure!

It is on the level with the best IEMs out there, but with its own unique tuning. I need more time to get a better hang of how I would describe the sound, but very impressed so far!

What I also really appreciate with DK-3001 is the build quality. the IEMs themselves are so solid and well-made that I trust to take them anywhere with me, they look like they can withstand the stress of being a daily IEM and still look like new after years of usage!

How do these compare to the FLC8S? I just ordered a pair and wanted to know how they stack up to other similarly priced IEMs.

I think that DK-3001 is in a slightly higher price bracket and I would say that it is in those TOTL, End-Game IEM categories, where all the details and textures and nice things are there.

Last edited:
Jun 15, 2017 at 4:38 PM Post #6 of 543
The details in the mids, layering and soundstage are insane on DK-3001 if using them with big spinfits! The fit is also crazy good!

When I first looked at them and first 5 minutes of playing with them, I wasn't sure how I was going to fit them in my ears, but now they are one of the most comfortable IEMs I've ever worn. I don't know how they manage to stay, but they do stay and stay very good in my ears with the biggest spinfit tips (white). For some people red might work better.

The Build quality!!! Those things are incredibly solid!!

The red spinfits provide the most balanced sound, but whites provide incredible soundstage size and depth, instrument separation, micro details and textures. Red spinfits sound more forward.

Jun 20, 2017 at 6:00 PM Post #8 of 543
I just got these last week and they're great. I can definitely see why Brooko was raving about them.

They are easily one of the best IEMs out there.

I have been using ie800 TOTL IEM for the longest periods of time, but sound wise, DK-3001 provides a very similar level of details, with a slightly different signature. I'll make sure to compapre them to a few other State-Of-The-Art IEMs as DK-3001 easily deserves a place among the best of the best.

Jun 21, 2017 at 2:51 AM Post #9 of 543
They are easily one of the best IEMs out there.

I have been using ie800 TOTL IEM for the longest periods of time, but sound wise, DK-3001 provides a very similar level of details, with a slightly different signature. I'll make sure to compapre them to a few other State-Of-The-Art IEMs as DK-3001 easily deserves a place among the best of the best.

Agree! Tried this twice recently at LMUE, totally blown away by the SQ! So musical yet technically excellent as well!

Jun 25, 2017 at 6:18 AM Post #11 of 543
Has anybody else heard these? We need to get this thread poppin because these IEM's are just too good.

They are indeed just too good!

The thing is that they will begin to gain more recognition as people slowly get more of them - right now DK-3001 are quite fresh!

The full in-depth review from Audiophile Heaven is in the works, we are trying to finish it as soon as possible --- There's just one other IEM before DK-3001 in our queue - and DK-3001 has been the IEM I personally used the most throughout the last few days (or more precisely since I got it). Still thinking of how to best describe their signature so people know and understand how they sound. In the end, describing the sonic signature of something is not that easy of a task - takes one time to get used to something and to properly analyse it.

Jul 2, 2017 at 12:00 AM Post #14 of 543
I'm going to join in here as I've just got a pair of these on Friday. DUNU has done a great job on these! I haven't had a whole lot of time with them just yet and don't want to jump the gun but they do sound like something very special. One thing I do want to state though: "DAT BASS YO!" :thumbsup:G*d damn, the quality of the bass is great. Maybe just a little slower than some TOTL IEMs but the quantity makes up for that with great rumble and visceral punch. Very fun to listen to and feels like I've got subwoofers in my ears.

How do these compare to the FLC8S? I just ordered a pair and wanted to know how they stack up to other similarly priced IEMs.

I've not A-B'ed them yet, from first impressions of the DK-3001, The FLC8S has better imaging and detail retrieval, as well as the FLC8 can be customised with it's sound signature. Where the biggest difference lies is the bass response of the DK-3001 is much more tuned for enjoyment rather than critical listening. The FLC8, even with the red and black bas filters (the most bassy setup), doesn't have nearly as much quantity of bass, however, it's speed is much better. Also, the DK-3001 goes lower and louder in those ultralow frequencies under 100Hz. The FLC8 is still an awesome choice is you want a very details and flat to bright sound signature, but you'd like it to be more flexible if you get bored of a particular sound.

Jul 2, 2017 at 8:26 AM Post #15 of 543
I'm going to join in here as I've just got a pair of these on Friday. DUNU has done a great job on these! I haven't had a whole lot of time with them just yet and don't want to jump the gun but they do sound like something very special. One thing I do want to state though: "DAT BASS YO!" :thumbsup:G*d damn, the quality of the bass is great. Maybe just a little slower than some TOTL IEMs but the quantity makes up for that with great rumble and visceral punch. Very fun to listen to and feels like I've got subwoofers in my ears.

I've not A-B'ed them yet, from first impressions of the DK-3001, The FLC8S has better imaging and detail retrieval, as well as the FLC8 can be customised with it's sound signature. Where the biggest difference lies is the bass response of the DK-3001 is much more tuned for enjoyment rather than critical listening. The FLC8, even with the red and black bas filters (the most bassy setup), doesn't have nearly as much quantity of bass, however, it's speed is much better. Also, the DK-3001 goes lower and louder in those ultralow frequencies under 100Hz. The FLC8 is still an awesome choice is you want a very details and flat to bright sound signature, but you'd like it to be more flexible if you get bored of a particular sound.

Woah, it is nice to hear that you are enjoying DK-3001 so much!

I am actually quite impressed by their overall sonic abilities, not just the bass, but also the mids, the instrument separation and details. Their amazing bass is just the cherry on the cake when they impress so much with their midrange.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back