DX320MAX Ti The musical event worth the wait. ROHM X 4. !! NEW Firmware: 2.03 !!
Mar 30, 2024 at 5:37 AM Post #1,411 of 1,444
Yeah, not so much brighter but more resolving. 300 I didn't find bright in the slightest, maybe Ti was..?
Wow, my impression is quite the other way round to yours :ksc75smile: . I had the Ti, which I found similar to the sound 320Max produces through Mango Android: bright, resolving but less dense and heavy sound, slightly leaner. 320Max through Mango OS to me sounds equally resolving, but darker, denser, heavier, but not warm at all. Perhaps 300Max SS was different.

Last edited:
Mar 30, 2024 at 5:40 AM Post #1,412 of 1,444
That's what I was saying, I don't think 300 SS was bright in any shape or form.

Anyway, moving on... :smile:

Mar 30, 2024 at 7:50 AM Post #1,413 of 1,444
Just a suggestion, when discussing which source you find brighter or more revealing to add which iems you are using along with the gain setting and the volume level :)

Mar 30, 2024 at 8:34 AM Post #1,414 of 1,444
Just a suggestion, when discussing which source you find brighter or more revealing to add which iems you are using along with the gain setting and the volume level :)
Good point. I'm on Gain 1, dig vol. 100%, analog vol. 80%, with ThieAudio Prestige Ltd, which has a fairly smooth U curve, mildly recessed mids, good bass slam (but not so much rumble in the subbass region) and relatively bright uppers (but nothing too strong, fatiguing or sibilant).

Apr 2, 2024 at 1:26 PM Post #1,416 of 1,444
Guys, the question is: when I listen to Qobuz and switch LO and PO, I clearly hear that LO sounds a little better... A little deeper, a little more realistic, a little more voluminous notes. At the same volume. Is it just me, or is there someone else who hears this???
That will work with sensitive IEM or headphones. You are getting the direct out from the ROHM dac chips. With the PO, going through the internal amp section, obviously there is more circuitry so the sound will change some but you then can drive harder to drive headphones and IEMs. I normally always use the PO as bass and a few other areas, to me, are quite as strong and controlled. The LO is excellent into larger desktop amps like the PB5 or a few of my tube amps.

Apr 2, 2024 at 2:44 PM Post #1,417 of 1,444
Thank you!! Maybe you also know how to turn a 320 max ti into a clean source station? To connect it to an amplifier in the car as a source, without the participation of the DAC and amplifier built into it. I tried connecting via coaxial output, but found that the sound still came through the DAC of the player (I can hear it in the sound). Maybe a USB output will solve this issue..?
That will work with sensitive IEM or headphones. You are getting the direct out from the ROHM dac chips. With the PO, going through the internal amp section, obviously there is more circuitry so the sound will change some but you then can drive harder to drive headphones and IEMs. I normally always use the PO as bass and a few other areas, to me, are quite as strong and controlled. The LO is excellent into larger desktop amps like the PB5 or a few of my tube amps.

Apr 2, 2024 at 2:48 PM Post #1,418 of 1,444
Thank you!! Maybe you also know how to turn a 320 max ti into a clean source station? To connect it to an amplifier in the car as a source, without the participation of the DAC and amplifier built into it. I tried connecting via coaxial output, but found that the sound still came through the DAC of the player (I can hear it in the sound). Maybe a USB output will solve this issue..?
If you are using the coax or USB, you should be just using it as a source. It would be the digital out to a dac system. I use the DX320MAX as source at times as well as the DX260, which is also excellent as a source.

Apr 17, 2024 at 7:37 AM Post #1,422 of 1,444
I have tried searching the thread and didn't find the answer. Is there an App I that I can use to control the DX320Max with a phone or tablet?
Most of the time I use the DX320Max when I am traveling but there are time when I use it hooked up to my speaker system.

Apr 17, 2024 at 7:56 AM Post #1,423 of 1,444
I have tried searching the thread and didn't find the answer. Is there an App I that I can use to control the DX320Max with a phone or tablet?
Most of the time I use the DX320Max when I am traveling but there are time when I use it hooked up to my speaker system.
I use a BT remote to control the Max:
1713354974405.png

Apr 17, 2024 at 8:04 AM Post #1,424 of 1,444
I use a BT remote to control the Max: 1713354974405.png
Thanks, I have one of those. What I am looking for is an App that lets me browse and select songs on the player.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back