DX320MAX Ti The musical event worth the wait. ROHM X 4. !! NEW Firmware: 2.03 !!
Apr 17, 2024 at 2:10 PM Post #1,427 of 1,444
I don't think the DX320 Max Ti can be run as a Roon Endpoint. Would be nice if it could.

Of course it can. Just turn on Roon Remote app, and make sure Private mode isnt checked in the settings, and then you can control it from any Roon app.

Apr 17, 2024 at 2:36 PM Post #1,429 of 1,444
Of course it can. Just turn on Roon Remote app, and make sure Private mode isnt checked in the settings, and then you can control it from any Roon app.
I think the question was about Bitperfect Roon playback without sampling restriction and not "only" remote playback control.
If that now works I'd be surprised.
Afaik only Astell & Kern and some FIIO DAPs do have that native Roon Endpoint support.
Workaround is connecting any DAP in DAC mode to some Roon Endpoint like IPhone or IPad

Last edited:
Apr 18, 2024 at 11:13 AM Post #1,431 of 1,444
Here a new owner!question:
Am i the only one who when he turns the volume up from the knob the audio goes at times?then as soon as I report one step below or above they go back to go perfectly both channels, reading for the thread I think it’s a "normal"

Apr 18, 2024 at 11:18 AM Post #1,432 of 1,444
Here a new owner!question:
Am i the only one who when he turns the volume up from the knob the audio goes at times?then as soon as I report one step below or above they go back to go perfectly both channels, reading for the thread I think it’s a "normal"
Its the stepped attenuator volume control for you. Its part of the design.

Apr 18, 2024 at 4:16 PM Post #1,433 of 1,444
However for pure sound quality this device is a beast.
Seriously Cristal and very punchy,extremely dynamic and -not funny-,but a seriously reference sound.
Someone have to suggest me for a good audio settings?I’d driving my R10 and it sound sublime,however increasing volume the sound become very harsh IMHO

Apr 19, 2024 at 9:38 AM Post #1,434 of 1,444
But can I also say something? The player will sound great, but the knobs were really built with the ....you cannot pay a lot of money for such a product and have and knobs that turn randomly and unscrew from the board.that is, after I press inside to set them correctly, if I leave them steady for 10 minutes you "readsoft" and exit from the axis.3500 euros of product.. I don’t know about you,but for me is so frustrating

Apr 19, 2024 at 9:45 AM Post #1,435 of 1,444
But can I also say something? The player will sound great, but the knobs were really built with the ....you cannot pay a lot of money for such a product and have and knobs that turn randomly and unscrew from the board.that is, after I press inside to set them correctly, if I leave them steady for 10 minutes you "readsoft" and exit from the axis.3500 euros of product.. I don’t know about you,but for me is so frustrating
The knobs unscrew? What do you mean? They don't screw on. They fit on a D shaft.

Apr 19, 2024 at 9:48 AM Post #1,436 of 1,444
The knobs unscrew? What do you mean? They don't screw on. They fit on a D shaft.
literally desolde from the D shaft, and every time trying to reposition it becomes a disaster and I hurt my fingers too.without count that 5 minutes come out again from the D shaft ...if it were not for the sound quality that has I would have brought it back

Apr 19, 2024 at 9:54 AM Post #1,437 of 1,444
literally desolde from the D shaft, and every time trying to reposition it becomes a disaster and I hurt my fingers too.without count that 5 minutes come out again from the D shaft ...if it were not for the sound quality that has I would have brought it back
You mean the knobs come off of the D shaft. Did you reach out to ibasso? What would seem to be an easy fix.

Apr 19, 2024 at 10:30 AM Post #1,438 of 1,444
I had this same issue. I agree that it’s a bit of a bummer. The knobs have a plastic insert with a “D” shaped cutout that fits onto a D-shaft.

The plastic insert is adhered to the inside of the knob and becomes loose sometimes.

If you reach out to Paul, he can ship you an updated knob that permanently fixes this issue.

Once it arrives, it’s easy to replace it yourself, but if you need instructions on how to do so, feel free to shoot me a DM.

Last edited:
Apr 19, 2024 at 10:34 AM Post #1,439 of 1,444
I fix my problem now by myself,as @Smirk 24 said,after you disassemble the knobs from the dap,you see those rose plastic inside the knob,the problem is this -too small,imperceptible-adhesive who need to connect the knob to the shaft screw..it takes off very easily, losing the connection between the knob and the screw..I resolved putting a tip of glue and now it make a strong connection;repeat,for 3500.00…bad starting

Last edited:
Apr 19, 2024 at 10:42 AM Post #1,440 of 1,444
I fix my problem now by myself,as @Smirk 24 said,after you disassemble the knobs from the dap,you see those rose plastic inside the knob,the problem is this -too small,imperceptible-adhesive who need to connect the knob to the shaft screw..it takes off very easily, losing the connection between the knob and the screw..I resolved putting a tip of glue and now it make a strong connection;repeat,for 3500.00…bad starting
Yeah that's a reasonable fix, I had a few friends do it that way. Again, I share your frustration with the knob issue but I'm glad you got it resolved.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back