Ear Pads for Superlux HD668B?
May 13, 2018 at 12:23 AM Post #17 of 25
I'm betting you will like them quite a bit. These headphones really need proper pads, you'll be glad you did.look forward to hearing about it.

May 19, 2018 at 3:35 PM Post #18 of 25
I'm betting you will like them quite a bit. These headphones really need proper pads, you'll be glad you did.look forward to hearing about it.

Finally got the pads. My first impressions are that the velour on the hybrids is kind of itchy and I don't really like it. The overall comfort is good though. I think I would have been happier with the pleather pads. After wearing it for an hour I think over time I could get used to the velour. Definitely feel a difference in these and the stock pads.

Last edited:
May 19, 2018 at 7:47 PM Post #19 of 25
I'm glad you like them...kind of. :) They should get more comfortable as they break in, I've never had any comfort issues with mine. I think the big advantage with the hybrids over pleather is that they don't get sweaty like pleather can.
BTW, what size did you wind up getting?

Last edited:
May 23, 2018 at 1:51 AM Post #20 of 25
I'm glad you like them...kind of. :) They should get more comfortable as they break in, I've never had any comfort issues with mine. I think the big advantage with the hybrids over pleather is that they don't get sweaty like pleather can.
BTW, what size did you wind up getting?

I’m actually liking the hybrids a lot more now that I’ve gotten to use the pads for a while. I’m changing my stance and saying that the hybrids were a better pick than the pleather. I also enjoy not sweating. I ended up getting the XL Round pads. They fit great on the HD668s. Very very easy to put on.

May 23, 2018 at 1:55 AM Post #22 of 25
I need some recommendations on ear pads for my Superlux HD668B headphones. The stock ones are really firm and make my ears warm and sweat. I know velour pads are good but I'm not sure which specific ones I should buy. I measured the ear cups and they're around 105 mm. I think the K240 are about the same size so I can use any ear pads that fit those (correct me if I'm wrong). I was looking into Brainwavz round XL velour pads but those are 110 mm and I'm not sure if those will be too big. They're also $30 so a cheaper option would be great. Unless you think that price is worth it. So what do you guys use and can recommend?
Update: The Brainwavz ear pads are on sale. So really I need to know are 110 mm ear pads too big for a 105 mm ear cup? I know the 100 mm ear pads are too small.

I believe the HD668B and AKG K240 series use the same size ear pad.

May 27, 2018 at 5:14 PM Post #23 of 25
May 27, 2018 at 5:24 PM Post #24 of 25
Wow, those look awesome. But the price... I ended up buying cheap pads off E-Bay (and probably regretting it): https://www.ebay.com/itm/1-Pair-Velvet-Ear-Pad-Cushion-Replacement-For-Superlux-HD668B-HD669-Headphones/311928218521
yeah, I understand being frugal...but you get what you pay for sometimes. I would put a price watch on the Brainwazv pads...I know it seems like a lot, especially considering how much the Superlux themselves cost...but I think ultimately they are worth it. At some point they will go down to around $20..do yourself a favor and get some.
I am disappointed that Senitek stopped production on their pads, they were a really good alternative for less than $15.

May 15, 2021 at 9:50 PM Post #25 of 25
Hey, I bought a pair of sheepskin deep pads from china for €20 which I thought was a good price. It was. They are very good quality, very soft (did have minor flaw), but one big problem - they completely changed the sound signature so much that there is no chance I can use them. So disappointed after waiting a month for them to arrive. They basically took away all the good characteristics of the hd668B. I knew pads made a difference - but not that much of a difference.

The only reason I wanted to upgrade the pads is because the stock pad material is so stiff, so one doesn't feel you get a 100% seal. As for comfort on the skin they weren't that bad but they would get a little sweaty after extended wear. I fixed the low depth problem by rolling up some women's make-up pads (my invention, and inexpensive) in the gap, which worked out really really well. That was quite the worthwhile and easy mod.

The thing is I can't go with the oft recommended velour pads because I'm mildly allergic to all material pads, they make me itch which is worse than sweaty pads. I had the same issue with the velour pads on the Phillips Fidelio X2 and the Sennheiser HD650. Incidentally would you believe I prefer the Superlux to those 2 cans!

So I'm left wondering what caused such a drastic change in sound signature. I think it has something to do with the fact the originals have a gap under pads and the sheepskins ones didn't have any gap at all, In combo with the change in material. I actually think the gap has more to do with it.

So I don't know what to do now. I wonder are there any pads that keep the sound sig but are that bit more comfortable. So maybe ones with a gap but not velour?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back