Earbuds Round-Up
Oct 9, 2017 at 4:33 PM Post #23,551 of 75,752
Changing that would require all the previous entries to be erased. (Doubling the existing entries causes some problems since people are allowed to edit their response.)
Dividing the earbuds into tiers based on price would actually be easier.
Since it is necessary to stop System once it is made to evaluate by the score of 1-10, how about changing to the score of 0.5, 1, 1.5, 2, 2.5, 3, 3.5, 4, 4.5, and 5 Is it?:L3000:

Oct 9, 2017 at 7:50 PM Post #23,555 of 75,752
A couple of question for those who have a varied collection of earbuds -

Do you also have multiple DACs / Amps, or DAPs that you use with the earbuds?
Do your multiple DACs or DAPs have different model DAC chips in them?
Do you hear any obvious differences between the different DAC chip implementations?
Which chip (/ amp) and earbud combination do you consider your reference?
Yes.
Yes.
All my DACs and DAPs sound different, but it is tough to say if that is due to the characteristics of the chips themselves or the implementation. I suspect the latter accounts for much of the differences.
I love the Mojo, but I do think that it adds something...... maybe mojo (!) that makes everything very musical and engaging. For reference (meaning truest reproduction of the sound) I'd say the LH Labs Geekout V2 Infinity, with filters off. The reference earbud thing is a tough one, because 95% of the buds I have seem to have a distinct sound profile, and by 'reference' I'd look for something neutral. The Cypherus Audio Black would probably be it, though they don't get as much use as some of the others because of the cable. If not for a little driver rattling problem I'm having in one ear, the K's 300 Samsara would be another candidate.

Oct 10, 2017 at 12:47 AM Post #23,556 of 75,752
With 1-10, most people won't rate anything below 5 anyway. I think I'll divide them based on price tomorrow.
Note: In my country, earphone price classification works well as three, less than $20, $20 - less than $100, $100 or more.

Edit:
I Correct it.
Note: In my country, earphone price classification works well as three, less than $ 50, from $ 50 and less than $ 200, from $ 200.

Last edited:
Oct 10, 2017 at 4:18 AM Post #23,557 of 75,752
anybody using the Svara L with different cable other than the stock one? is changing the cable on the svara changes the sound a lot? i am wondering whether i can lower the bass and accentuate the highs a bit, any suggestions on what cable material to use?

Oct 10, 2017 at 5:11 AM Post #23,558 of 75,752
Note: In my country, earphone price classification works well as three, less than $20, $20 - less than $100, $100 or more.

Edit:
I Correct it.
Note: In my country, earphone price classification works well as three, less than $ 50, from $ 50 and less than $ 200, from $ 200.

The issue with that price range is you start running into TOTL before you hit $200.

Oct 10, 2017 at 7:40 AM Post #23,560 of 75,752
Mr. thelonius97,
Many requests came out later, I feel very sorry. But I have the last request for "Earbuds Survey".
I think that it would be perfect if "Rating" is set as the first sort key and "Votes" as the second sort key.:L3000:

Edit:
"Name" may be third sort key.

Last edited:
Oct 10, 2017 at 8:22 AM Post #23,562 of 75,752
@jogawag Can't really agree with 30-100 either, as Cygnus, Edimun & Red Demun are in different leagues than something like the VSonic earbud. More divisions allow for more accurate grouping. Three groups feels insufficient for proper ranging to me at least.

Oct 10, 2017 at 8:22 AM Post #23,563 of 75,752
Responding to some of the suggestions I got-
1. I couldn't find anything called "TY (Hi-Z) AWK-32P".
2. "rename DQSM Z W Panda PK2s -> NiceHCK PK2s". If possible, I think it's better not to include the seller's name as I think there are a couple of other sellers selling the exact same earbud but along with their brand name. Which reminds me- does anyone know if the NiceHCK DIY Graphene MX760 is different from the W..e..y one? Because the prices are different.
3. "erase rating". Once you click on a rating, the only way to remove it is by refreshing the page. But if you've already submitted, it's too late. I can't do anything about that.

Last edited:
Oct 10, 2017 at 8:28 AM Post #23,564 of 75,752
@jogawag Can't really agree with 30-100 either, as Cygnus, Edimun & Red Demun are in different leagues than something like the VSonic earbud. More divisions allow for more accurate grouping. Three groups feels insufficient for proper ranging to me at least.
Yeah, I can add more divisions once there are more buds. Just checked out the guys who made the Edimun/Red Demun and they seem to have a lot of earbuds in the sub $100 range. Should I add all of them to the survey, or what?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back